Players 23 and under - Rank DD, Amir, and Bayless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    You can not talk about Potential and ... when looking at these guys. they are all young and all have potential and they have been in the league for almost the same time.

The truth of the matter is this:

DD, Bayless and Johnson are NOT the top Tier Young talents of the NBA right now. they do not belong to the top 10-12 top under 23 player of the NBA right now.

Some of you talk about talents and working in the gym and ... well, most of these guys are ym rat. Plus, what kind of improvement did Amir and DD and Bayless has shown over the years that you think they will work much harder, will improve much more than all these other guys over the next few days !!! There is no evidence supporting your theory and you support these guys and think this way because you are a fan of Raptor.
    this man speaks the truth !

Comment

I don't disagree.
      HOWEVER; I do believe that if you put Bayless in a, let's say "Rondo Situation" where the team has no choice but to play him starters minutes, win or lose, hit or miss, I say he takes it goes with it. I don't think he would flounder. I think these guys are waiting to get real minutes and need to make mistakes. Bayless has proven it. Playoffs last year. Starting this year when Calderon was out. Dude was big. Give him back those minutes, and I say he makes the most of them. Derozan seems to play big when motivated and I think that is on the coach. Perhaps... PERHAPS... I shouldn't even say this... but maybe Triano isn't right for the Raps... right now. It's not him.. it's us. You know? We're all too young. Too inexperienced.

Comment

You can not talk about Potential and ... when looking at these guys. they are all young and all have potential and they have been in the league for almost the same time.

The truth of the matter is this:

DD, Bayless and Johnson are NOT the top Tier Young talents of the NBA right now. they do not belong to the top 10-12 top under 23 player of the NBA right now.

Some of you talk about talents and working in the gym and ... well, most of these guys are ym rat. Plus, what kind of improvement did Amir and DD and Bayless has shown over the years that you think they will work much harder, will improve much more than all these other guys over the next few days !!! There is no evidence supporting your theory and you support these guys and think this way because you are a fan of Raptor.
        I don't think anyone said they were top 10-12 under 23 players in the NBA. DeRozan probably barely makes top 30. The thread asks where we put our young guys in that particular list. Whilst I think this thread is quite pointless, no one said they were great. They have potential, and maybe one day the will become pretty decent. That group of players listed is really talented, no one ever lists out guys like Mahimni, Morris Almond, Marco Belinelli etc... You guys are just trying to put our players down by comparing them to players who are clearly better and in no way are in the same category.

Comment

I think Bayless is a really promising guard. He could do a lot for Toronto. Just needs to tighten up his handling and make better decisions but that will come in time with more experience running the point.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            I don't disagree.
            HOWEVER; I do believe that if you put Bayless in a, let's say "Rondo Situation" where the team has no choice but to play him starters minutes, win or lose, hit or miss, I say he takes it goes with it.
            I don't think that was the case with Rondo. belive me, Celtics would have traded for PG if Rondo was not able to pull his wait.

I don't think any NBA Player can get a situation that he will be given all the time on the floor to just learn and ... It is all about taking advantage of the limited time you get and explode and show everyone what you are all about.

I don't belive any of those stuff about Bayless on Portland and Playoff and ... However, He is given all the chances here in Toronto to show us what he can do this year.

So far, i have not seen anything special. He is a Solid Back up PG at best so far for me.

Comment

I don't think that was the case with Rondo. belive me, Celtics would have traded for PG if Rondo was not able to pull his wait.

I don't think any NBA Player can get a situation that he will be given all the time on the floor to just learn and ... It is all about taking advantage of the limited time you get and explode and show everyone what you are all about.

I don't belive any of those stuff about Bayless on Portland and Playoff and ... However, He is given all the chances here in Toronto to show us what he can do this year.

So far, i have not seen anything special. He is a Solid Back up PG at best so far for me.
              Rondo averaged 6.4pts and 3.8 assists in 25 mins as a rookie. Nothing extraordinary by any means... he was then given the reigns of a championship team and is now arguably the best PG in the league. Surround these youngs guys with Veteran Talent and it will benefit everyone.

You don't believe that stuff about Bayless in the Playoffs and Portland? Ok.. thats fine, I don't care what you don't BELIEVE it.. it happened. It's fact. He opened alot of eyes last year in the playoffs and I was watching. Dude had swagger. He was carrying them emotionally while doing alot of the heavy lifting as well.

And if you look at MOST at most of the guys listed, they were drafted to a bad team with no depth. They get lots of PT, build confidence, gain valuable experience in valuable moments. Nothing can replace that.
              Not to mention they are virtually ALL of the top 8 picks from the last couple years. Raps haven't even had a choice in that matter. If we didn't make such a fuss about building around Bosh, and just accepted being bad, we'd have allll those wonderful picks. Shucks.

Comment

Rondo averaged 6.4pts and 3.8 assists in 25 mins as a rookie. Nothing extraordinary by any means... he was then given the reigns of a championship team and is now arguably the best PG in the league. Surround these youngs guys with Veteran Talent and it will benefit everyone.
                You have the complete wrong understanding of what Rondo situation was all about. Rondo was not given the reigns of the team to make mistake and learn in the job. He delivered what was expected of him. If he blow defensive assignments, if he took bad shots and ... he would have been benched in a heart beat.

No team will just give his PG position to one guy and say, go out there and your minutes are secure and make mistake and learn. Guys need to take advantage of the minutes given and shine.

You don't believe that stuff about Bayless in the Playoffs and Portland? Ok.. thats fine, I don't care what you don't BELIEVE it.. it happened. It's fact. He opened alot of eyes last year in the playoffs and I was watching. Dude had swagger. He was carrying them emotionally while doing alot of the heavy lifting as well.
                He open alot of eyes ?? Is this why he was traded for almost nothing ? dude had Swagger !! So why was he traded ?
                Dude was in the team for few years, He could not even out play Blake at PG position !! Yes, He had a few good games but that was about it. this is Why a Young team like Portland who was in dire need of a true Young PG traded him away.

And if you look at MOST at most of the guys listed, they were drafted to a bad team with no depth. They get lots of PT, build confidence, gain valuable experience in valuable moments. Nothing can replace that.
                LOL, you are playing a Chicken and egg game here. These guys did not get good because they were drafted by BAD teams and then given playing time to become good !!

These guys were good and were high draft pick who were drafted by bad teams
                Again, your logic here is flawed.

Anyway, it seems like Raptors are going after Flynn which shows that they do not have the confident on Bayless as their starting PG and the kid is just too small for a SG and has to play behind DD. so i guess this will be the 3rd team that did not realize the ALL-STAR Potentials in Bayless.
                Last edited by Raptor4Ever; Wed Dec 29, 2010, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Rondo did not have a spectacular year his first starting for Boston. He made ALOT of mistakes. They had no choice but to play. They had already traded everybody away, and no way they could a 6pt, 3 assist guy for a good starter. No way.

If you look into the trade between Portland and New Orleans, it was puurely cap relief Portland needed. They had Andre Miller and Brandon Roy; Bayless was redundant, could use the space more.
                  New Orleans traded him because of Chris Paul; he couldn't get any time on the court. I don't care who you are, but unless you are BRILLIANT, no one is supplanting Chris Paul in New Orleans. Darren Collison couldn't even do it.

AND I understand they were good before they were drafted. Obviously. But without Playing time, they don't do anything. Look guys like Jordan Hill and Thabeet etc etc etc. High draft picks, but without the playing time/experience, what the hell is a high draft pick worth? Not all top 10 picks turn into Promising Young Talent.

Comment

They're better than Ibaka atleast.
                    "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

Working...
                    X