How to Get Monta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Get Monta

I think Monta Ellis is what the raptors need and i'm not sure what is the most inticing deal to get him from gs, but, i've got one.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yzjr3w5

not to enticing. but, trade machine had some restrictions on it like not being able to trade half each team's roster.

i would be willing to give up our first rounder and the expiring contract of reggie along with a good pg in jose. to get monta i think that would be enough and i think it's worth it.

ofcourse i can't help but fell we don't have as good a chance as if it were a 3 team deal. i just don't know what we could offer the other team, maybe some team wants to gamble on hedo i don't know.

anyways, i'm sure you guys can come up with a better trade than this to get monta, so let's see 'em.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Golden State just hung up on you. EVen as an opener, this trade sucks for them. Bargnani for Monta MIGHT work.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

He's got a high assist to turnover rate, which isn't great. I think you'd have to throw in someone like Bargs (or DeMar or Sonny) and ask for Biedrins back along with Ellis

Comment

Understand that GS turned down Mayo and Thabeet for Monte earlier in the season. Mayo is about a thousand times better than Jose and Thabeet if nothing else is a guy who can reach the highest apples in an orchard.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
          I think Monta Ellis is what the raptors need and i'm not sure what is the most inticing deal to get him from gs, but, i've got one.
          Can you elaborate on how an undisciplined ball hog, turn over machine is what the Raptors need?

I'm getting sick of these threads. Monta Ellis is about the last thing this team needs.

Comment

No egomainacs, please.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
              Can you elaborate on how an undisciplined ball hog, turn over machine is what the Raptors need?

I'm getting sick of these threads. Monta Ellis is about the last thing this team needs.
              I agree, this team doesn't need scoring, it needs defense and people keep throwing around names like of Monta, Gordon, Lewis, PLEASE!!!!!!

Comment

OzRapFan wrote: View Post
                I agree, this team doesn't need scoring, it needs defense and people keep throwing around names like of Monta, Gordon, Lewis, PLEASE!!!!!!
                o.k., weve tried defence for the last couple of years we've failed. so, i say go back to the phoenix suns ball.

monta can play d just for the record.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                  Understand that GS turned down Mayo and Thabeet for Monte earlier in the season. Mayo is about a thousand times better than Jose and Thabeet if nothing else is a guy who can reach the highest apples in an orchard.
                  first of all that was a rumour, second of all i said come up with a better trade because i already said mine is lousy. thirdly, when s-jack was traded to the bobcats i remember a quote "we just traded away our best defender for nothing, i want ouit of this town."

fourthly, that was then this is now, we now know gs will have a different approach to things. monta and curry can't work together.

they should start by getting a good back up pg jose, and they'll have an expiring contract to use as trade bait or something.

g-sate has to want to get good at some point, right? they have to realize there renewal of the original g-state run n' gun is a failure.

they have a young good pg and he's not going to stay if they don't get good and soon.

Comment

o.k., weve tried defence for the last couple of years we've failed. so, i say go back to the phoenix suns ball.

monta can play d just for the record.

Maybe I missed it when the Raptors were playing defense.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

OzRapFan wrote: View Post
                      hahaha no luck man. ive tried. some even were high enough on drugs to go into the trade machine and do up a trade for CP3. i mean, it nice to dream, but even bosh is adamant about signing here, what more a potential MVP with a trip-doub stat every given night? We just have to keep reading and try not to stress ourselves, hahahaha.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                        hahaha no luck man. ive tried. some even were high enough on drugs to go into the trade machine and do up a trade for CP3. i mean, it nice to dream, but even bosh is adamant about signing here, what more a potential MVP with a trip-doub stat every given night? We just have to keep reading and try not to stress ourselves, hahahaha.
                        Are you throwing Chris Paul in the same category as Monta, Gordon and Lewis?? Are you insane? I can't believe how short people's memories are. This is a guy who finished 5th and 2nd in MVP voting the two previous years. If the Raptors were somehow able to secure Chris Paul, you don't think the fortunes of the Raptors would immediately improve, and Bosh wouldn't immediately re-sign? Maybe youre the one who's on drugs.
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

TIm W. wrote: View Post
                          Maybe I missed it when the Raptors were playing defense.
                          i never said they played defence. why don't you pay attention.

we've tried to bring in grit and defense a.k.a. reggie, turkoglu, j.o., marion,

marion wasn't necessarily a failure, but all 3 others were.

Comment

Apparently you weren't paying enough attention, either. First of al, bringing in one player doesn't exactly equate to "trying defense". And why on earth would you include Turkoglu in that list? That pretty much shoots any argument you had to bits.
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

defense is a team concept genius. it starts from the top and works its way down. bringing in 1 guy that's a semi-good defender doesn't suddenly make you a good defensive team.

Comment

Working...
                              X