Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post

I doubt he'll even play in 2014 It's more than likely he'll retire.
    His contract is a Team Option in 2014

Comment

• So, what next? I'm pumped up now, since something has finally happened! Bring on more moves, Masai! Build us a consistent winner, I don't care if it takes a few years.

Comment

• Robinson is off to Portland
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• The big thing is that Houston has enough cap space for Dwight

Comment

• connected wrote: View Post
            His contract is a Team Option in 2014
            Doesn't matter.

He'll be 40 or 41 in 2014 I don't know for sure, but the thing is player can retire whenever he wants to if he agrees to forgo his salary. The end is here for Camby's nba career. Only thing he can do is to be great bench warmer (& mentor to JV ), and if he doesn't retire until 2014 and he's still with the team, there is no way raptors exercising his team option for NBA PLAYER contract, because he'll be too old and any day he can tell GM sorry I'm retiring. and that would mean more money in MLSE bank account but no change in salary cap.

And by the way, I think he'll be bought out this season or traded.
            Last edited by rocwell; Sun Jun 30, 2013, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• Apparently Bargs had a trade kicker too? Man.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I am so fuckin happy. Eulogy for Bargani anyone?
                In Masai we trust.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                  Apparently Bargs had a trade kicker too? Man.
                  Good for him. BC loves to give money, a lot of money.

Comment

• Yeah: this trade is literally unbelievable. New York is gambling HUGE here: they're taking on even more salary and shedding Camby (who is nothing except years of salary now - last year's PER of 8.6 was dreadful) and Novak (who's a good roleplayer) AND ditching picks? Ujiri is a mad goddamned wizard to have pulled this off. Most likely the team buys out or stretch provisions Camby. Novak has some court value still, I think we keep him around as a backup.

Not sure about the picks per se e.g. how good they are. If you look at New York's pick commitments, their 2016 pick is already semi-committed in that Denver has the right to swap picks with it, so in 2016 I think this means we'll get the worse of Denver and New York's picks, and I don't see Denver being shitty in 2015/16. Still, a future first-rounder is a future first-rounder. As for second-rounders, New York's 2014 and 2015 second-rounders are already sent to other teams and their 2016 second-rounder was traded to Portland with 31-38 protection. I suspect we have their 2017 or 2018 second-round picks. These are good future assets or potential trade sweeteners.

Finally, I don't think this is evidence one way or the other of a tank. Removing Bargnani is addition via subtraction for the Raptors on multiple levels: he doesn't play well with our team and we're shedding net $2.5 million in salary every year. Camby and Novak are what they are, but they're not going to actively hurt the team because nobody will treat them as primary options. So this isn't a tank trade.

But you have to ask yourself: if Ujiri was able to get this much for Bargs, what could he get for one of our GOOD assets?

Comment

• soooooooooooooooooooo happy

Comment

• Lefty wrote: View Post
                        Eulogy for Bargani anyone?
                        'With Primo Pasta and sauce as part of a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle, Andrea can compete, game in, game out'
                        Purple > Red

Comment

• well no trade call yet made, that means Clippers still can be added to trade... just sayin

Comment

• Robinson was traded to the Blazers

Comment

• Matt52 called it. 2, 2nd rounders was all it took to get TRob. Is he really that bad?

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                                Matt52 called it. 2, 2nd rounders was all it took to get TRob. Is he really that bad?
                                Not really, Houston just want to be 100% ready for the meeting. #dwightmare

Comment

Working...
                                X