X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN says Chris Bosh is better than Kobe Bryant

Source: ESPN.com

Discuss.

I saw this coming as soon as I saw Kobe at 25...

There's not a chance there are 24 players that I'd rather have over Kobe.
    Give me Kobe over D-Wade even.

Comment

Well, it's a prediction for this season. I predict that Kobe won't even be top 50 overall player this year. I think he'll miss a good portion of the year, which IMO is important for any such rankings, since you can't help win games if you don't play. And when he does play, I predict he'll be more like DeMar DeRozan than last year's Kobe Bryant.

We'll see just how good the medical science can be today.
      Last edited by BobLoblaw; Wed Oct 16, 2013, 01:53 PM.

Comment

I'm not big Kobe fan, but broken Mamba is still better than this giraffe.

He'll put 40 in his 1st game back.

Comment

MJ went for 28PPG at age 34, 23PPG at age 38. Not to compare these two but there is a guy who played in the past, in a rougher NBA, who stayed healthy, who posted big time numbers and played in a similar style to Kobe Bryant. Michael Jordan may be the best ever but he did not have supernatural powers. If somebody has done it before, somebody can do it in the future.

Comment

I think an old Jordan could end up a great analogy. Someone who's still showing flashes of what has been, scores a bunch of points, might get a bunch of AS votes based on reputation, but also someone who's inefficient, plays no defense, and whose team competes for the no.1 pick.

Comment

Kobe won't allow being #25 at anything.
              Black Mamba will be out for blood this season.

Comment

I think ESPN just wants some page views. Not reading that article because its a joke!

Kobe is still a top 5 player in this game IMO.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Kobe is the freaking rockstar in China.

Comment

Some pretty powerful words from Mr. Bryant:

"Maybe I won't have as much explosion," Bryant told the magazine. "Maybe I'll be slower, maybe I'll lose quickness. But I have other options.

"It's like Floyd Mayweather in the ring. There's a reason he's still at the top after all these years. He's the most fundamentally sound boxer of all time. He can fight myriad styles at myriad tempos. He can throw fast punches or off-speed punches, and he can throw them from odd angles."

"I have self-doubt," he said. "I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. I have nights when I show up at the arena and I'm like, 'My back hurts, my feet hurt, my knees hurt. I don't have it. I just want to chill.'

"We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it."
                    I like the comparison to Mayweather though. Knock-em out Kobe!!

Comment

Some pretty powerful words from Mr. Bryant:

"Maybe I won't have as much explosion," Bryant told the magazine. "Maybe I'll be slower, maybe I'll lose quickness. But I have other options.

"It's like Floyd Mayweather in the ring. There's a reason he's still at the top after all these years. He's the most fundamentally sound boxer of all time. He can fight myriad styles at myriad tempos. He can throw fast punches or off-speed punches, and he can throw them from odd angles."

"I have self-doubt," he said. "I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. I have nights when I show up at the arena and I'm like, 'My back hurts, my feet hurt, my knees hurt. I don't have it. I just want to chill.'

"We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it."
                      I like the comparison to Mayweather though. Knock-em out Kobe!!

Comment

Bosh is better than Kobe.

....that is until Kobe comes back.

Comment

Deleted, bitten by the dreaded double post.

Comment

Kobe will probably only play about 50 games if that. If I was starting a team I would rather have Bosh and his 75+ games than Kobe and his 50. Most 'judges' are ranking based on how good they are right now.. Ranking Kobe at 25 while rehabbing a torn achilles is actually pretty high.

Now ranking Nowitzki at 26 was harsh.. he's going to be fantastic this year. I'd rather have him than Bosh even though he's 35 years old and coming off an injury.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                              I think an old Jordan could end up a great analogy. Someone who's still showing flashes of what has been, scores a bunch of points, might get a bunch of AS votes based on reputation, but also someone who's inefficient, plays no defense, and whose team competes for the no.1 pick.
                              Now that's not fair. Jordan came out of retirement to help his investment at the time. It was a horrible team. You put LeBron on that team and he would have struggled to get those guys going. Kwame Brown was the center piece for crying out loud. Jordan made him cry, literally.

Comment

Working...
                              X