Ronny Turiaf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronny Turiaf

Ronny Turiaf is on waivers now as well. Either would be interesting. Turiaf is a UFA at the end of the season. If they were to trade Amir or Ed he would be a good bench option.
    Last edited by Apollo; Fri Mar 16, 2012, 04:07 PM. Reason: First found in the Terrence Wiilliams thread and now moved to it's own thread.

Apollo wrote: View Post
    Ronny Turiaf is on waivers now as well. Either would be interesting. Turiaf is a UFA at the end of the season. If they were to trade Amir or Ed he would be a good bench option.
    Although undersized, Turiaf is a centre, isn't he?

Would you rather have Gray or Turiaf backup up Jonas next season? I might lean towards Turiaf.

Comment

Turiaf isn't much of anything.

That said, he'd be a nice guy to ride the bench cause he's a consummate pro and everywhere he goes his teammates love him.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Although undersized, Turiaf is a centre, isn't he?

Would you rather have Gray or Turiaf backup up Jonas next season? I might lean towards Turiaf.
        Turiaf is a better player than Gray. I choose Turiaf. He also has a strong, positive personality. He might be a good veteran presence in the locker room and on the bench.

For the record, he's 6'10" and around 250lbs. He can can hold his own in the paint on D.

Comment

I dunno about better than Gray, but at the same time i know a lot of teams were asking about gray, we could flip him and keep Ronny.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I'd take Gray over Turiaf. Turiaf has been injured since his Laker days.

Also, taking him on is a few more dollars that you don't have to acquire prior to trade deadline.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              I'd take Gray over Turiaf. Turiaf has been injured since his Laker days.

Also, taking him on is a few more dollars that you don't have to acquire prior to trade deadline.
              Gray has never had an 82 games season either, im not sure if because of injury or just DNPs.

I would take Gray. He's taller and longer. I know Turiaf is a better shotblocker, but having 2 7-footers at any given time in the lane is much more of a deterrent than a reputable shotblocker, IMO.

And Gray has less wear and tear than Turiaf.

Comment

I'd take Turiaf because I have a tremendous amount of respect for him and his path to the NBA. He would bring intangibles to the club Gray can't hope to deliver. Turiaf would be a hit among the fans if he ever were to become a Raptor.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  I'd take Turiaf because I have a tremendous amount of respect for him and his path to the NBA. He would bring intangibles to the club Gray can't hope to deliver. Turiaf would be a hit among the fans if he ever were to become a Raptor.
                  But Gray is an MVP - lol

Comment

I'd like Turiaf. I agree he'd be a big hit with the fans and I think he fits Casey's defence system better. I feel like were getting offensive players and trying to tell them to learn defense(Jose, DeRozan, Bargnani, Kleiza). I feel we'd be better with a few more defensive minded players in the lineup

Comment

Working...
                    X