No announcement yet.

Raptors 2014 Free Agency: Raptors Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He can get more money outside of the Raptors, so thats whats taking longer.
    Will he take the money, or Masai?

Comment

• Money or Masai ???
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• 2kfeen wrote: View Post
        He can get more money outside of the Raptors, so thats whats taking longer.
        Will he take the money, or Masai?
        Maybe he's got too many people talking to his ear that he is a starter in this league and should be a starter and be payed like one.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
          Maybe he's got too many people talking to his ear that he is a starter in this league and should be a starter and be payed like one.
          Sorry, I'll stop. But he really should start and get a bigger paycheque.

Comment

• He's a good bench player as a spark plug off the bench, but he shouldn't start
            He can't play defense, especially in this dynamic league, where he would get slaughtered every possession
            He is somewhat inconsistent at times too

He would be among the last 5 in terms of starting point guards in the NBA, meaning he is probably only better than Chalmers, Brandon Knight, Beverly

Comment

• I'm pretty sure you will see GV in a raptors jersey next season, mark my words, and dont worry too much. MASAI KNOWS WHAT HES DOING!
              IN MASAI WE TRUST

Comment

• Haha I guess Vasquez is just a yolo type of person.
                Myself (March 2014):
                The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• Is it possible that Vasquez may have an opportunity to join the Heat, and this is only taking so long because of the big3. If they all resign, wouldn't Vasquez be an upgrade at the point for that team? And then Riley would know what he can offer Vasquez. Is that possible?

Or are we just waiting on MU here?

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                    Is it possible that Vasquez may have an opportunity to join the Heat, and this is only taking so long because of the big3. If they all resign, wouldn't Vasquez be an upgrade at the point for that team? And then Riley would know what he can offer Vasquez. Is that possible?

Lots of moves are depending on where Lebron signs (not the big three). Even Melo is waiting it out.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                      Is it possible that Vasquez may have an opportunity to join the Heat, and this is only taking so long because of the big3. If they all resign, wouldn't Vasquez be an upgrade at the point for that team? And then Riley would know what he can offer Vasquez. Is that possible?

I read somewhere a couple of days ago that there is already an offer in to GV. It's in his court I believe.

EDit: Strike that..maybe it was just the qualifying offer that I read about (3.1 mill.)
                      Last edited by Bendit; Wed Jul 9, 2014, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post

Haha I guess Vasquez is just a yolo type of person.

I thought that meant something was coming today but after looking at his account...he does something like that almost every day. That said, it would be a bit odd for him to be at Toronto's 1 year to Pan Am Games this Friday without having resigned with the team

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                          I read somewhere a couple of days ago that there is already an offer in to GV. It's in his court I believe.

EDit: Strike that..maybe it was just the qualifying offer that I read about (3.1 mill.)
                          I read there was a multi year offer on the table....just like there was for de colo

Gotta wait fit shit to shake out

Comment

• maybe Masai lowballed him now that we have Lou Williams to play that 6th man role
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                              maybe Masai lowballed him now that we have Lou Williams to play that 6th man role
                              Possible. He is mulling taking the one year versus the multi year (3 years, judging by Patterson's deal) deal that is on the table. If the first year was similar to or less than the QO, I think the QO would be an easy choice. He's mulling over something, so it is probably not an easy choice. So the first year of the deal must be higher than the QO. The QO is about 3.9M for Vasquez. So the first year is probably 4.5M, and assuming max raises that amounts to 14.5M over 3 years. Not a bad offer.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• :|

Comment

Working...
                                X