Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life After Reggie

Chisholm makes some great points here: http://tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=343110

I especially like what he observed about Jose....

Toinsy wrote: View Post
    Chisholm makes some great points here: http://tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=343110

I especially like what he observed about Jose....
    We shall see what happens but at this point I would not bet on most of what Chisholm wrote as being correct.

I am trying to be nice.

Time will tell and I think it will prove that this article was more than just a bit incorrect.

We shall see

I think Chisholm is a Reggieite. Nothing wrong with that of course. I am just saying.

i think he was also part of the Jose will be traded crowd and appears to venting his frustration over the fact that Jack was traded and not Jose.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Sat Nov 27, 2010, 04:50 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Eiher way I'm all for Bayless starting and Jose working with the bench. He truly seems to play better with them.

The Raptors future all starting together would be nice to see.

Comment

Toinsy wrote: View Post
        Eiher way I'm all for Bayless starting and Jose working with the bench. He truly seems to play better with them.

The Raptors future all starting together would be nice to see.
        There is no reason for Jose to be benched. He has been playing lights out (even more so) ever since he got the starting job.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
          There is no reason for Jose to be benched. He has been playing lights out (even more so) ever since he got the starting job.
          Read before you write dude. They arnt saying to bench Calderon or reduce his minutes. They are just saying play calderon with players that accent his game better. gzzzz
          Calderon had 10 assists in the fourth quarter compared to 5 in the first 3 quarters. Which lineup does seems to make more sense???

Comment

35% of the Raptors' FGs came in the fourth. They shot 13-17, including 5-7 from three in the quarter. Pretty much the first half of the fourth quarter was essentially garbage time as well, until Rondo and Garnett checked in at the 6:22 mark. Six of Calderon's ten fourth quarter assists (five on three pointers) were before then. I'm not saying I don't agree with the notion that Calderon suits the bench unit more, but take the numbers with a grain of salt.

EDIT: On topic, according to 82games.com, Reggie Evans has the worst +/- on the team, the lowest Offensive Rating, the second worst Defensive Rating (barely better than the other starting post player... yikes) and has the worst net points per 48 (NPP48) at -13.3 (5.3 points worse than Weems, at -8.0). His minutes should be better served going to Johnson and Dorsey.
            Last edited by TRX; Sat Nov 27, 2010, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Hmm this might just be a blessing in disguise. Reggie's trade value is significantly better than it was in the past few seasons. Hopefully he can get healthy soon, in the meantime we might get some interesting offers for him. IMO Bryan Colangelo needs to take a good look at the center position. Then do something (possibly in the near future) to change the defensive make-up of this team.

I am also interested to see if Amir Johnson continues to progress, given more minute. When Davis joins the squad he can get the MUCH needed minutes. I think he has the potential to flourish in the near future.

If i had to make a comparison, I'd say he can reminds me of Serge Ibaka. That dude has some good potential. Solid defender.
              We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Working...
              X