The Summer league thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Although, always have to keep in mind; Summer League doesn't tell you who can play. Only tells you who can't.
    Right - Enes Kanter had a bad game yesterday. Anyone remember him?

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
      Anyone see Nicholson show up today for Orlando? 24 points and a nasty block. How good do you guys think he can be in the NBA?
      Kid's got some talent for sure. If he can be consistent, he could be somewhere in the top10 of next years rookie ladders. Lots of minutes up for grabs for forwards in Orlando.

Comment

There are certain things you know will translate.

Nicholson likely won't be 20/10/2 in his first year.

His foot work...that baby hook, 15-18ft...and rebounding could easily translate to

maybe 10pts 7boards and a block in his rookie year.
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
          My optimistic hope for Acy....becoming another Faried....similar physical measurements, skills (rebounding priority), motor. As we know rebounding is a skill most transferable to the next level and Faried has done this very well in Denver where he became a favorite and starter for George Karl. Fingers crossed...Acy duplicates this in TO.
          I remember when I call faried name before the draft people thought I was crazy then nene got traded halfway throught the season lol.

Nicholson looked real good yesterday on Orlando, really good.

Comment

He doesn't run the floor well if he gets some size and they slow the game down for him oh man

Comment

TheR3dMenace wrote: View Post
              Kid's got some talent for sure. If he can be consistent, he could be somewhere in the top10 of next years rookie ladders. Lots of minutes up for grabs for forwards in Orlando.
              Interesting that you mentioned the rookie ladder because I was thinking that unlike previous years this years should shift quite a bit each wek. There was so much talent in this years draft.

Comment

I'm excited for the Raptor' first game this Friday!

Terrence Ross, Quincy Acy, Jeremy Lamb, Royce White, Terrence Jones all in one game? Hmmmm.

I really do hope Toronto dominates this year's summer league like we did two seasons ago, Demar and Sonny went OFF.

Does anyone know the full team roster of this year's Summer League? I'm curious to know if Derozan will be part of it.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                  There are certain things you know will translate.

Nicholson likely won't be 20/10/2 in his first year.

His foot work...that baby hook, 15-18ft...and rebounding could easily translate to

maybe 10pts 7boards and a block in his rookie year.
                  What? Really? Why didn't we pick him then?

Comment

T ross will light it up for like 40

Comment

Andre Drummond scored just 3pts and grabed just 3rebounds against the magic in the summer league. I knew he was raw, but had no idea THAT he was that raw

Comment

Vykis wrote: View Post
                        Andre Drummond scored just 3pts and grabed just 3rebounds against the magic in the summer league. I knew he was raw, but had no idea THAT he was that raw
                        He had a decent game vs. Utah. He is a weird player. He can hit a stepback mid range jumpshot but then shoots 20% from the freethrow line.

He is a really big project, but he is physically dominant. He controlled the Utah bigs unbelievably well. He is one of those guys, I think gets scrutinized throughout the first 2 or 3 years of his career, then begins to slowly play to his potential.
                        Last edited by Red and White; Wed Jul 11, 2012, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Raptors Summer League Roster

Code:
                           4	 Quincy Acy	 F	 6'8"	 225	 Baylor / USA
                           0	 Bobby Brown	 G	 6'2"	 175	 Cal-State Fullerton / USA
                           25	 Rodney Carney	 F	 6'7"	 205	 Memphis State / USA
                           32	 Ed Davis        F	 6'10"	 225	 North Carolina / USA
                           15	 Tu Holloway	 G	 6'0"	 187	 Xavier / USA
                           33	 Daniel Orton	 C	 6'10"	 255	 Kentucky / USA
                           21	 Trent Plaisted	 F-C	 6'11"	 220	 BYU / USA
                           31	 Terrence Ross	 G	 6'7"	 197	 Washington / USA
                           9	 Blake Schilb	 G-F	 6'7"	 220	 Loyola / USA
                           18	 Ben Uzoh        G	 6'2"	 205	 Tulsa / USA

Jay Triano will coach.

Source

Comment

It will be interesting to see how this team fares without Demar.. It would appear that we don't really have a take-the-game-over type scorer on this roster. Which brings me to point two.. This is a great opportunity to see how Terrence Ross fares as a scorer. I'm pumped!
                            Also, it will be interesting to see how Ed does. If Acy out-hustles him and out-plays him this summer part of me wont really be surprised. I know the league hasn't even started yet, but Ed just strikes me as the guy who just needs a change of scenery.

Comment

Uzoh is going to tear it up.

Comment

Rodney Carney? Is he out of college or has he played in the NBA before? Name sounds familiar.

Comment

Working...
                                X