Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masai Ujiri Hired As Raptors GM (post #780)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    Also spacing, regardless of is poor outside shooting. Great movement off the ball.
    Spacing? His guy sagged way off the perimeter. Landry was 0% threat from the outside. That's the opposite of spacing. The paint was packed. Excellent weak side cuts, he took advantage of the traffic in the paint, but that has little to do with spacing. That's just his high IQ.

What I like about Fields is that what he can do he does well. Always plays within himself, but that does not make him a starter. Just someone who plays a solid bench game.

Comment

• If he can make the open 3 he's a starter. Its a make-or-break thing for his career

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
        If he can make the open 3 he's a starter. Its a make-or-break thing for his career
        which he only did once or so this entire season.....Fields isnt part of the Raps future Ujiri has to move him for something hopefully packaged for a pick or something.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
          which he only did once or so this entire season.....Fields isnt part of the Raps future Ujiri has to move him for something hopefully packaged for a pick or something.
          Ujiri won't know what he has in Fields until he sees him play after a summer of retooling his shot after the surgery. Fields has been in the league for three years. We can see he is a smart player who also is a good defender...arguably the best Raptor on D. He has experience and BB IQ. Now they need to see if he has the shot he had in his rookie year. He should be a better shooter with his added experience at getting himself free, so his efficiency should be higher than his rookie season (assuming his surgical repairs work).

He shot 50% as a rookie, and 39% from 3 point land. Plus 6 rebounds and 2 assists with 30 minutes of playing time. If his shooting can come back he is a keeper. Those numbers are equal to or better than Gay's numbers since coming to Toronto. For a lot less money, and I don't ever see him floating.

Comment

• Expensive Role Player

Fields is the kind of player who is only as good as those around him. He's not going to make it happen on his own but if you have good ball movement, a facilitator and a legit leading scorer who draws extra attention then he could make a real impact on the offense in my opinion. This is the problem, the Raptors may or may not have that when the season starts. This would be Jason Kapono all over again if not for his good defense.

$8.5M will be a lot to pay for a guy who depends on others heavily but it might be a good trade assets that final year...

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
              Ujiri won't know what he has in Fields until he sees him play after a summer of retooling his shot after the surgery. Fields has been in the league for three years. We can see he is a smart player who also is a good defender...arguably the best Raptor on D. He has experience and BB IQ. Now they need to see if he has the shot he had in his rookie year. He should be a better shooter with his added experience at getting himself free, so his efficiency should be higher than his rookie season (assuming his surgical repairs work).

He shot 50% as a rookie, and 39% from 3 point land. Plus 6 rebounds and 2 assists with 30 minutes of playing time. If his shooting can come back he is a keeper. Those numbers are equal to or better than Gay's numbers since coming to Toronto. For a lot less money, and I don't ever see him floating.
              again thats a lot of Ifs and if we're talking about Ujiri taking his time looking at the team he might as well study both DeMar and Rossetc etc Raps cant wait for Ifs move Fields they can find another starting 2 or just give it to Ross, Ball IQ means little if you cant put the ball in the hoop.

Comment

again thats a lot of Ifs...
                The only if is "has his shot returned." Should be able to tell that by August 1st with a 30 minute shooting drill.

If his shot isn't back, who is going to want him at 6 mill a year? If his shot is back to rookie form, he is easily worth 6 mill a year, and a total benefit to the club.

Comment

• If his shot is back I would jettison DD and start Landry in a heart beat, let him and Amir be garbage men and Rudy, Kyle and Jonas can carry the offense
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Not to bring it around but I think Milwaukee had more talent than us as well as playing better

Jennings > Lowry
                    Ellis > DeRozan
                    Ilysova > Amir
                    Dunleavy >Kleiza
                    Reddick > Ross
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Via HoopsHype.com:

Benjamin Hochman: Josh said Masai told him he didn't even need to consider matching the Toronto contract, because Masai’s decision was already made. Twitter @nuggetsnews
                      So to anyone who says he left only because of the money.........

Comment

• Im going to drink for Masai tonight.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                          Not to bring it around but I think Milwaukee had more talent than us as well as playing better

Jennings > Lowry
                          Jennings may have more talent, but Lowry has a better chance of starting for a great team down the road, IMO. Just more of a team player

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                            If his shot is back I would jettison DD and start Landry in a heart beat, let him and Amir be garbage men and Rudy, Kyle and Jonas can carry the offense
                            If his shot is back I would want to see it consistently in real game situations THEN I would shop both Fields, and Demar to see who gets me what I want. If Ross isn't developing fast enough I would shop him as well to see his value on the open market...

Comment

Im going to drink for Masai tonight.
                              You're 16 lol
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                                You're 16 lol
                                Albeit still a solid reason to drink.
                                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                                X