Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's get Carmelo and NY what they want!?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's get Carmelo and NY what they want!?!?!?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4udel86

Numbers work, and we get a couple of expiring contracts and the Birdman locked in for a while. He would be a great guy here in Toronto and I feel he would be a big fan favorite, and if we could convince Chandler to stick around, it would a nice extra bonus. Curry is a throw in. New York loses probably more than they want to, but they will have Carmelo, presumably locked in for a long term, and they will have cap space to make more moves this summer. Denver gets an expiring contract, a very good back up PG and a great young player. This ties up a lot of money in the PG position, but there are worse places to invest your money. Something tells me a draft pick would have to be thrown in, but if Chandler does a sign and trade, I think we could give up a pick. We still have Peja's expiring contract and the trade exemption to make other moves.
    Of course this would never happen, not in this world, but if BC pulled this off, I for one would not be upset.

Tell me what you think?

bigbubbamac wrote: View Post
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4udel86

Numbers work, and we get a couple of expiring contracts and the Birdman locked in for a while. He would be a great guy here in Toronto and I feel he would be a big fan favorite, and if we could convince Chandler to stick around, it would a nice extra bonus. Curry is a throw in. New York loses probably more than they want to, but they will have Carmelo, presumably locked in for a long term, and they will have cap space to make more moves this summer. Denver gets an expiring contract, a very good back up PG and a great young player. This ties up a lot of money in the PG position, but there are worse places to invest your money. Something tells me a draft pick would have to be thrown in, but if Chandler does a sign and trade, I think we could give up a pick. We still have Peja's expiring contract and the trade exemption to make other moves.
    Of course this would never happen, not in this world, but if BC pulled this off, I for one would not be upset.

Tell me what you think?
    If the Nuggets have no interest in keeping Devin Harris, I do not think they are interested in Jose Calderon.

Comment

Funny how I had a mild man-crush with Chandler and everyone crapped on me when I posted it. He's good - a sweet upgrade at the 3 for us!
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
        Funny how I had a mild man-crush with Chandler and everyone crapped on me when I posted it. He's good - a sweet upgrade at the 3 for us!
        I like Chandler as well. The thing I always wonder is when guys play for D'Antoni or use to for Don Nelson, how much of their stats are inflated due to the system? With that said, and trying to take nothing away from Chandler, he is playing phenomenal this year. He can play anywhere from SG-SF-PF on offense and defense.

Comment

Working...
        X