This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opposing Teams Think Bargs is "The Man"

Courtesy of Doug Collins, a vaunted coach and well respected basketball analyst:

"[Bargnani] is a tough matchup," said Collins. "There was no question he was a tough matchup. He is a 7-footer who can shoot, he can put the ball on the floor, he can post. On a critical play of the game, they went to him and he scored."

Other teams and their coaches realize it. Time for all you haters to shut up and face the truth:

Bargs is the man

We all know he can score, it's the defense and rebounding that he needs to improve. I don't get how you don't see this...

Comment

Opposing coaches gameplan against Bargs now, he is seen as our primary weapon and as an all star caliber player.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
        Opposing coaches gameplan against Bargs now, he is seen as our primary weapon and as an all star caliber player.
        Are you blind or just plain ignorant?? Mack just said Barney's problem is not with scoring, is his pathetic approach to rebounding that is stoping him from becoming an all star, do you get it? or let me capitalized that for you.

HE SUCKS AT REBOUNDING THE DAMN BALL!

Comment

Courtesy of Doug Collins, a vaunted coach and well respected basketball analyst:

"[Bargnani] is a tough matchup," said Collins. "There was no question he was a tough matchup. He is a 7-footer who can shoot, he can put the ball on the floor, he can post. On a critical play of the game, they went to him and he scored."

Other teams and their coaches realize it. Time for all you haters to shut up and face the truth:

Bargs is the man
          WOW thanks tips is he really the man on our team? LOL come on multipaul youd have to be living under a rock not to know that he isnt that man on the team EVERYBODY knows that even my 13 year old sister bud so i dont think anyone doesnt believe that he isnt the man on the team.

the thing thats REALLY funny about you're "Man" though is that an analyst such as doug colling can only make comments like that about bargs about once every 10 GAMES when he actually seems interested in the game and decides to play both ends of the floor!! yei hes a scorer but he cant do shit else and never will be able to.

so how about you wait until he has about 6 or 7 consistent games in before you start praising him because he may be our man but i can tell you your're the only one who seems to be happy about that.

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
            Are you blind or just plain ignorant?? Mack just said Barney's problem is not with scoring, is his pathetic approach to rebounding that is stoping him from becoming an all star, do you get it? or let me capitalized that for you.

HE SUCKS AT REBOUNDING THE DAMN BALL!
            Hello Matt:

#1- you live in Edmonton, your opinion doesn't matter
            #2- the point of this thread was that other coaches think Bargs is the man.....his "sucking at rebounding" doesn't apply to the focus of this thread
            #3- you live in Edmonton AND you have a hockey player avatar, your threads should be deleted

Comment

blaze89 wrote: View Post
              WOW thanks tips is he really the man on our team? LOL come on multipaul youd have to be living under a rock not to know that he isnt that man on the team EVERYBODY knows that even my 13 year old sister bud so i dont think anyone doesnt believe that he isnt the man on the team.

the thing thats REALLY funny about you're "Man" though is that an analyst such as doug colling can only make comments like that about bargs about once every 10 GAMES when he actually seems interested in the game and decides to play both ends of the floor!! yei hes a scorer but he cant do shit else and never will be able to.

so how about you wait until he has about 6 or 7 consistent games in before you start praising him because he may be our man but i can tell you your're the only one who seems to be happy about that.
              Phil Jackson
              Jerry Sloan
              Doug Collins
              Mike D'antoni
              Erick Spoelstra
              Stan Van Gundy

All have commented on how Bargs is a tough cover and is a hard matchup.

Comment

Phil Jackson
                Jerry Sloan
                Doug Collins
                Mike D'antoni
                Erick Spoelstra
                Stan Van Gundy

All have commented on how Bargs is a tough cover and is a hard matchup.
                ya of course on offence, but tell me did he stop or contain gasol when he played phil? did he contain amar'e when we played the knicks? hell he made jefferson look like top shit when we played the jazz.

i know hes a scorer bro but to be the "man" you got to play both ends of the floor and every time hes matched up against another skilled big they seem to go off on him even harder then he did to them.

so while he may be a tough match-up on the offensive end, more often then not if the other team has a skilled big man they'll get it back 8 times out of 10 man which to me simply isnt good enough for "THE MAN"

Comment

"The Man", in basketball terms, usually means a top notch player who can deliver in all facets of the game. Shoot, Monta Ellis is averaging over 27 points for GSW. I doubt if he's widely considered the man, and he still get around 3 steals a game to go with around 4-5 boards and assists.

What does Matt living in Edmonton have to do wth anything? He can't Make it to games in person so his opinion counts for nothing? Come on dude. Grow up.

Comment

blaze89 wrote: View Post
                    ya of course on offence, but tell me did he stop or contain gasol when he played phil? did he contain amar'e when we played the knicks? hell he made jefferson look like top shit when we played the jazz.

i know hes a scorer bro but to be the "man" you got to play both ends of the floor and every time hes matched up against another skilled big they seem to go off on him even harder then he did to them.

so while he may be a tough match-up on the offensive end, more often then not if the other team has a skilled big man they'll get it back 8 times out of 10 man which to me simply isnt good enough for "THE MAN"
                    Hmmmm... I can see your point of view for sure. I guess from your definition of "The Man", meaning totally well rounded player, than yeah I concede the point. What I mean is that opposing coaches see him as the only guy on our team who could be considered close to "our horse", or "our guy", so their primary defensive schema is to contain him. Other than that, I can really only see them gameplanning against Barbo, or possibly DD/Weems with respect to containing penetration.

Comment

Bargs aint the man. Real men rebound and don't leave their teammates hangin out to dry defensively.

This thread is a joke. Keep tryin though. It's cute.

Comment

Bargs has taken literally almost double the shots of any other player on the team. Who else are they gonna gameplan for? Jarret Jack? DeMar? Kleiza?

Every team in the league gameplans for the guy that's going to be shooting the ball the most. Not exactly a revelation.

Comment

Nine New Faces wrote: View Post
                          Bargs has taken literally almost double the shots of any other player on the team. Who else are they gonna gameplan for? Jarret Jack? DeMar? Kleiza?

Every team in the league gameplans for the guy that's going to be shooting the ball the most. Not exactly a revelation.
                          So, you agree with me.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                            "The Man", in basketball terms, usually means a top notch player who can deliver in all facets of the game. Shoot, Monta Ellis is averaging over 27 points for GSW. I doubt if he's widely considered the man, and he still get around 3 steals a game to go with around 4-5 boards and assists.

What does Matt living in Edmonton have to do wth anything? He can't Make it to games in person so his opinion counts for nothing? Come on dude. Grow up.
                            Grant Fuhr

Comment

haha, I used to think all this Bargnani trolling was dumb... now I think it's hilarious. Keep doing what you do. I can't believe it still gets so many people worked up. You funny dude. That wasn't sarcasm, by the way.

But anyway, what else was he supposed to say? That it was a fluke and it won't happen again for four, five games? Every opposing coach says that in the postgame about every player that drops a whole bunch of points on them.

Comment

Working...
                              X