Kyle Lowry misunderstood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Ed Davis bad attitude? He worked his butt off.
    Clearly you never read the multiple threads about Ed Davis's facial expression or body composition on RealGM.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
      Clearly you never read the multiple threads about Ed Davis's facial expression or body composition on RealGM.
      You know you care too much when..
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        You know you care too much when..
        we've all crossed that line a long time ago my friend
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

@sweatpantsjer

Comment

Today on ESPN Insider's "Ranking the top free agents of 2014":

15. Kyle Lowry | PG | UFA | 2013-14 Team: Toronto Raptors
            2013-14 Salary: $6.2 million | Suggested AAV: $8.5 million/year, three years

Along with Stephenson, arguably no player has increased his market value this season as much as Lowry did, playing at should have been considered an All-Star level and being the main driving force behind Toronto's ascension into the playoff picture (although both of those facts should be tempered by the reality that he's done it in the Eastern Conference). His caustic personality hasn't gone away, and he is 27, so he doesn't get the full bump to an eight figure AAV.

I want the entire league to think this way because seriously wtf.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
              Today on ESPN Insider's "Ranking the top free agents of 2014":

15. Kyle Lowry | PG | UFA | 2013-14 Team: Toronto Raptors
              2013-14 Salary: $6.2 million | Suggested AAV: $8.5 million/year, three years

Along with Stephenson, arguably no player has increased his market value this season as much as Lowry did, playing at should have been considered an All-Star level and being the main driving force behind Toronto's ascension into the playoff picture (although both of those facts should be tempered by the reality that he's done it in the Eastern Conference). His caustic personality hasn't gone away, and he is 27, so he doesn't get the full bump to an eight figure AAV.

I want the entire league to think this way because seriously wtf.
              Never before in basketball have I heard one guy's narrative of being caustic, competitive, an asshole, to be such a bad thing. Guys like that include but not limited to: larry bird, michael jordan, kobe bryant, chris paul. Guys who are not: andrea bargnani, chris paul, dwight howard

Stay defiant, kyle. Fuck em.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                My issue with KL is controlling his emotions. He does get screwed on some calls but he needs to limit his emotional response to avoid getting technical fouls.
                I actually don't mind KL emotion's, and when the team actually needs him to not get a call and he knows he's going to lose it he just removes himself from the situation. I've only ever seen him gotten a tech after a bad call in a key situation once, and that was the absolute crap call where he walked away so he didn't say anything to the refs and got T'd up anyway
                @Boymusic66

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
                  I actually don't mind KL emotion's, and when the team actually needs him to not get a call and he knows he's going to lose it he just removes himself from the situation. I've only ever seen him gotten a tech after a bad call in a key situation once, and that was the absolute crap call where he walked away so he didn't say anything to the refs and got T'd up anyway
                  Agree, he's never taken dumb tech that has cost the team. He kept his emotions in check after the horrible call in Sacramento you referenced; he walked off the court without saying anything. This is simply lazy journalism from ESPN, "something that may have been true a few years ago is probably still true."

What has impressed me most about Lowry is how insightful he is in post-game interviews. It's clear he understands the game at a very high level, which is what you want in a floor general. Let the rest of the league sleep on him, hopefully MU can bring him back for 27/3 or 32/4.
                  Last edited by Jack_Bauer; Thu Feb 27, 2014, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Jack_Bauer wrote: View Post
                    Agree, he's never taken dumb tech that has cost the team. He kept his emotions in check after the horrible call in Sacramento you referenced; he walked off the court without saying anything. This is simply lazy journalism from ESPN, "something that may have been true a few years ago is probably still true."

What has impressed me most about Lowry is how insightful he is in post-game interviews. It's clear he understands the game at a very high level, which is what you want in a floor general. Let the rest of the league sleep on him, hopefully MU can bring him back for 27/3 or 32/4.
                    32/4 would be amazing. That puts him at Conley/Ellis/Stuckey/Jameer Nelson/Hill/Teague money for the next four years. I'm so okay with that. Two All-Star caliber (this year) players at a combined 18 mil with the back court locked up for 3 years of their prime? I'm so in
                    @Boymusic66

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
                      32/4 would be amazing. That puts him at Conley/Ellis/Stuckey/Jameer Nelson/Hill/Teague money for the next four years. I'm so okay with that. Two All-Star caliber (this year) players at a combined 18 mil with the back court locked up for 3 years of their prime? I'm so in
                      And when Lowry leaves his prime, Ross will just be entering his. Not bad at all!

Comment

@ekoreen: Longest game in team history at 3:32
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                          @ekoreen: Longest game in team history at 3:32
                          3 and a half hours: Longest raptor game in history, or shorter than average jays game.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            3 and a half hours: Longest raptor game in history, or shorter than average jays game.
                            But it was a loss, so same result as the average jays game
                            @Boymusic66

Comment

Working...
                            X