Bargniani "we are the worst team in the NBA "

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top5Pick wrote: View Post
    Never said that...all im saying its all is its not all his fault it can be divided equally among BC, Casey and Bargs himself. Trust me im on the #tradebargnani bandwagon but he is not all to blame. I mean right now BC and Casey can get fired and Bargs traded and there nothing to say otherwise.
    And I never said he was the only one to blame. Apologies if I came across as defensive.

Comment

Top5Pick wrote: View Post
      Never said that...all im saying its all is its not all his fault it can be divided equally among BC, Casey and Bargs himself. Trust me im on the #tradebargnani bandwagon but he is not all to blame. I mean right now BC and Casey can get fired and Bargs traded and there nothing to say otherwise.
      You can't even divide it equally among all three of them. Bargnani played what? Maybe 1/12th of the total time by all players in the games of the last four years and all of that has been because BC and the coaches put him in the games. BC and the coaches on the other hand are responsible all the time.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        And I never said he was the only one to blame. Apologies if I came across as defensive.
        No apologies needed dude im pissed too, Im at the point where i cant watch or follow these guys right now cause i end up yelling at the TV LOL thinking about to start making GSW my team, but the Raps have been my team since Mighty mouse was running the point so its tough.

Comment

Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

The talk about hockey reminds me of Eric Lindros and how he never really wanted the C. They built a team around him and called him a leader when all he wanted to do was play hockey and not have to get involved with all the other stuff. Sometimes players are just suited to play 2nd or 3rd fiddle because they just don't have the leadership qualities. Andrea Bargnani is a scorer, and not an efficient one at that. But nothing in his personality or style of play dictates leadership qualities. Colangelo's failure to grasp this is why this team sucks as much as it does today and all throughout Bargnani's tenure as a Raptor.

I don't hate Bargnani, I hate Colangelo for believing in him.
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
              You can't even divide it equally among all three of them. Bargnani played what? Maybe 1/12th of the total time by all players in the games of the last four years and all of that has been because BC and the coaches put him in the games. BC and the coaches on the other hand are responsible all the time.

Not gonna argue with that lol, how many times has Casey had line up rolling really good and playing D and he fucks it up by bringing Bargs back in even tho he has played horribly the whole game ?? too many. Or how many times had JV been playing well, contesting shots, rebounding and making high percantage shots under the basket and Casey doesnt bring him back in the fourth cause he's a rookie ?? like every game ****. Look at the Clippers theyre on a monster winning streak and how are they doing that ? the bench has finished the fourth quarter 6 of their 7 games for pete's sake !! Del Negro recognized that if theyre playing well why bring those other guys back in ? he's a good coach with EXPERIENCE and knows what to do.

Comment

"We have been losing for four years." That's why he said we are the worst team in the NBA; it hasn't lead to anything. I don't know why it would be detrimental to the team as he's stating a simple fact. Even if we don't have the worst record over those four years (didn't bother to check it) some of the other teams that didn't win a lot during this period are going up instead of down.

Never mind how much he sucks, it's not his fault that after years of losing we're at the bottom of the league. Even if one would use one of those stats by pseudo-economists and their first year students he can only be credited with a relatively small amount of all losses.
                +1, I didn't get the sense that he was taking a shot at the team at all. Just being blunt.

But the fact is he has done little to be a game changer, has regressed badly this year, has less potential than our other young players. And he doesn't play the game at a high intensity, nothing against him but we need to cut him lose, I don't ever want him taking that many minutes again.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                  +1, I didn't get the sense that he was taking a shot at the team at all. Just being blunt.

But the fact is he has done little to be a game changer, has regressed badly this year, has less potential than our other young players. And he doesn't play the game at a high intensity, nothing against him but we need to cut him lose, I don't ever want him taking that many minutes again.
                  Even I have no argument with that. I want him gone as well, even if it's because I just want it to be over with and end the discussion. However, I'm with Hugmenot who said in another thread something along the line of wondering who would be the next target of the fans. The losing won't end with Bargnani gone (and little other changes); there are a lot of things going wrong with the team besides Bargnani.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                    The talk about hockey reminds me of Eric Lindros and how he never really wanted the C. They built a team around him and called him a leader when all he wanted to do was play hockey and not have to get involved with all the other stuff. Sometimes players are just suited to play 2nd or 3rd fiddle because they just don't have the leadership qualities. Andrea Bargnani is a scorer, and not an efficient one at that. But nothing in his personality or style of play dictates leadership qualities. Colangelo's failure to grasp this is why this team sucks as much as it does today and all throughout Bargnani's tenure as a Raptor.

I don't hate Bargnani, I hate Colangelo for believing in him.
                    You can polish a turd roll it in glitter and tell me its a fucking diamond, lol i may believe you for a little bit but after a while ill figuere it out, this is pretty much the case here.

Comment

Even I have no argument with that. I want him gone as well, even if it's because I just want it to be over with and end the discussion. However, I'm with Hugmenot who said in another thread something along the line of wondering who would be the next target of the fans. The losing won't end with Bargnani gone (and little other changes); there are a lot of things going wrong with the team besides Bargnani.
                      Some fans are very bi-polar, no doubt.

Personally, if guys are playing balls out and playing for the good of the team, I can't see any rational fan turning on a player.

Comment

Only way we win is TEAM BALL, not one guy or even two can take us to winning games, every single player has contribute and play D or we wont get any where, DD is not going to turn into KD and JV wont dominate like D12(yet .

Comment

I feel bad for the guy. He gets so much hate (I'm usually a part of it), but he's been losing for years. Getting picked first in the draft doomed him, peoples expectations through the roof. Then it turns out he's a lazy player.When he finally tries to drive in for a dunk, he injures himself.

It sucks that we have to hate on a player to get him traded It makes the fans look bad at times, and we already have a hard time getting players to play here. But it should have been done a long time ago.

Comment

ScottBaird wrote: View Post
                            Casey sounded PISSED when I heard him talking this morning talking about #7 saying he was "depressed".

Get off ur lazy fucking ass then and grab a few boards. I cont care if it's "not u" or "not ur game". You've now got a month or two to stew on the bench, so hopefully when u come back, u'll have a different attitude towards winning. Actually, I hope u don't come back. #endrant # usuck

Comment

Fuchan wrote: View Post
                              I feel bad for the guy. He gets so much hate (I'm usually a part of it), but he's been losing for years. Getting picked first in the draft doomed him, peoples expectations through the roof. Then it turns out he's a lazy player.When he finally tries to drive in for a dunk, he injures himself.

It sucks that we have to hate on a player to get him traded It makes the fans look bad at times, and we already have a hard time getting players to play here. But it should have been done a long time ago.
                              This is a nice way of putting it....

But i don't feel bad at all. You know who I feel bad for? US goddammit! fact is, he'll be traded, make his $10 million a year, get re-signed (if their is a god it will be for less money) and retire.

Raps fans on the other hand will have to keep watching and dealing with the losing. "we have been losing for 4 years"...how about we have been losing for almost twenty! you $%#$!

Comment

by the way Akashsingh has the best avatar ever

Comment

Working...
                                X