No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there is any fire behind this first bit of smoke.....anyone is available. Teams rarely get reciprocal value when a star wants to move.....Any thoughts on what it would take for his boogieness to head north...

Assumption is that both DD and Kyle stay or why would he come.

What would have to be given up that wouldn't completely gut the teams chances....

Sacto has a bunch of greek centres...and need help everywhere...

Corey...Siakam..Powell...and two firsts...
    Boston has draft picks and to my view lesser players to offer.
    Phoenix has lots of good young players and likely better seeded draft picks...

To much or too little from the Raps...????
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

By any means necessary. JV/Sully/Ross + 1st should do it.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
        Assumption is that both DD and Kyle stay or why would he come.
        At this point, DMC is looking for a competent front office; the players around him are likely less important. That said, he has very little leverage except to pull a Vince and hope to force a trade.

Very much doubt Toronto is the trade partner if and when Divac finally pulls the trigger. Adding JV doesn't overly help a team that has drafted multiple centers in recent years. Frankly, DD makes the most sense for Sac to add; plays a position of need, locked up long term (so can't bolt quickly) and is sellable to fans (Team USA, All-Star seasons) who will riot in the streets if the Kings deal Boogie away for a subpar package. DD would also appeal to Gay (who has requested a trade) and could give them 2 good wings and let WCS patrol the paint. Adding JV ahead of WCS doesn't really help balance out their very weird roster that has no PG or very much at SG.

Masai is very unlikely to deal away Demar for Boogie at this point, although the "any means necessary" should be considered. Heck, even Lowry should be considered (expiring deal vs young stud talent). 1 step back, 2 steps forward type of deal.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I know he definitely like to play here. Him and DeMar were hanging out at the Olympics more than DD n Kyle but not sure something like JV + Powell + 2017s get it done.

Comment

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
            I know he definitely like to play here. Him and DeMar were hanging out at the Olympics more than DD n Kyle but not sure something like JV + Powell + 2017s get it done.
            It would really depend on what Sac is trying to do. JV is certainly a big trade chip, but they took WCS 6th overall, then followed up with Georgios (13th) and Skal last year. Adding JV seems just as redundant on their roster, so if they are simply going to stockpile assets and make more deals then the question comes down to JV vs whatever Boston can offer. Boston can go with an offer like Marcus Smart (addresses both lack of PG and poor SG to some degree), Amir (large salary that balance that comes off the books and is a solid vet PF), Jaylen Brown (3rd overall pick) and then picks (from Nets especially). Hard to see how JV helps the Kings as much as that offer which certainly seems realistic to what Ainge would pay (everyone knows he's desperate to add star level talent). Kings throw in McLemore to make the money work (rumour is they are done with him) and bam, blockbuster done.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
              JV + Carroll + Bebe + Wright + 2017 LAC pick + 2017 Raps pick + 2019 Raps first

for
              Boogie + 2019 SAC second + any fillers not named "Gay"
              Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
                JV + Carroll + Bebe + Wright + 2017 LAC pick + 2017 Raps pick + 2019 Raps first

for
                Boogie + 2019 SAC second + any fillers not named "Gay"
                Why would Sacramento have any interest at all in Carroll? They aren't going to contend, they don't need a 30+ guy who costs $16 mil per year.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

"He's over 30" is being used too much as a blank statement. Carroll has basically had two full seasons as a starter. He barely played for years. High usage guys would have his minutes total by age 25.

I do wonder about timelines for returns from injury on this roster the last couple of years, there seem to be some missed judgement calls. But we always know so little on that front, it's all guesswork.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                    "He's over 30" is being used too much as a blank statement. Carroll has basically had two full seasons as a starter. He barely played for years. High usage guys would have his minutes total by age 25.

I do wonder about timelines for returns from injury on this roster the last couple of years, there seem to be some missed judgement calls. But we always know so little on that front, it's all guesswork.
                    It's not just about usage though. As someone who is over 30 and almost anyone will tell you that being over that age makes a difference playing at the professional level in terms of not only what you have in the gas tank but probably far more related to DC is the ability to recover from injury. So yeah being over 30 will still mean a lot to a franchise especially on a player that has a history of injuries.

...and yeah SAC will have absolutely no interest in him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                      It would really depend on what Sac is trying to do. JV is certainly a big trade chip, but they took WCS 6th overall, then followed up with Georgios (13th) and Skal last year. Adding JV seems just as redundant on their roster, so if they are simply going to stockpile assets and make more deals then the question comes down to JV vs whatever Boston can offer. Boston can go with an offer like Marcus Smart (addresses both lack of PG and poor SG to some degree), Amir (large salary that balance that comes off the books and is a solid vet PF), Jaylen Brown (3rd overall pick) and then picks (from Nets especially). Hard to see how JV helps the Kings as much as that offer which certainly seems realistic to what Ainge would pay (everyone knows he's desperate to add star level talent). Kings throw in McLemore to make the money work (rumour is they are done with him) and bam, blockbuster done.
                      I am not sure they even know what they are trying to do ... This is probably the most poorly run sports franchise in the last 50 years in any professional league outside of the Donald Sterling Clippers regime in the 70s, 80's and 90's. Three decades of almost absolute incompetence is hard to match but the Kings are close.

They had on payroll Cousins, Koufous and Cauley-Stien and somehow managed to trade for a C in this years draft. Its astounding.

If Boogie can force a trade it might not come down to astute basketball operational decisions on value .. it might come down to who Vlade likes deal with and if they have a player or two that he is high on.

Have a look at their depth chart.. Its just overwhelming poorly constructed. They need help at EVERY position. http://www.espn.com/nba/team/depth/_...cramento-kings

They have no PG's that would be ranked in the top or middle tier of PG's league wide and none in development. They sport Collison and Ty Lawson and Garrett Temple. ..

At the 2 they have soured on McLemore and have Affalo who wasn't viewed highly by the Knicks. The Knicks ! and Affalo is now atop the depth chart there along with Syracuse product Malachi Richardson who is unlikely to help this year or next.

Rudy starts at SF but wants out and they are shopping him. Backing him up is Matt Barnes and a warm body named Lamar Patterson.

PF is "OK". They have an out of position Cauley Stien, development project in Skal Labissiere but boast a competent veteran in Omri Casspi.

I agree that adding JV to the Kings roster might not be what they do considering their gaping needs everywhere else. Koufous and Stien are serviceable NBA players right now.

They desperately need a PG and we have one in Corey Joseph. They could really use a pro like Demarre Carroll at the 3 and dump Rudy for filler and 2nd round picks. Both Josephs and Carrolls deals are very very cap friendly and they are very competent NBA players. Not sure if Vlade has a shine to any of our younger players who have way more promise than his current group of younger players. (Powell, Siakam, Ross, Wright). Pick one .

This year we have a couple of low end first rounders.. ours and the clips to add a low dose of sweetner. The Raps can offer right now players (to a team moving into a new arena) that very much helps the Kings depth and a young player and a couple of picks that provides futures.

But its the Kings.. They may trade Boogie for the equivalent of a bag of magic beans.
                      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Oct 3, 2016, 01:33 PM. Reason: added link to Excremto's espn depth chart
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

Blashemy on the title.. he's not a Raptor, and may never be one.

Personally I think a team like Cleveland would probably come calling, and win out - because the rich always get richer in the NBA.

Not sure I see Boston as a good fit though. Don't see how Cousins/Horford would work out.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Blashemy on the title.. he's not a Raptor, and may never be one.

Personally I think a team like Cleveland would probably come calling, and win out - because the rich always get richer in the NBA.

Not sure I see Boston as a good fit though. Don't see how Cousins/Horford would work out.
                          Cousins and Horford look like a fine fit to me. Horford plays his preferred PF and Boogie takes the C (which is where he always plays anyway). Then they have Crowder, Bradley and Thomas rounding out the 5. That's a pretty good group to me.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                            Cousins and Horford look like a fine fit to me. Horford plays his preferred PF and Boogie takes the C (which is where he always plays anyway). Then they have Crowder, Bradley and Thomas rounding out the 5. That's a pretty good group to me.
                            They're both basically 4's playing the 5 spot. Just see a lot of duplication of talent there. It could work, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              They're both basically 4's playing the 5 spot. Just see a lot of duplication of talent there. It could work, but I wouldn't bet on it.
                              Instead of debating that, the better question would be "what would Ainge do"? He seems very likely to make the deal to bring in the best player possible. Don't think adding Horford would exclude him from having interest in Boogie.

Comment

You have to remember that Kings just opened up a new stadium and will want to make the playoffs. Spending picks over wont cut it. I think sending a bonified starter in JV. Who still has upside will go a long way.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X