Questionable talent(DeRozan) + bad coach = Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questionable talent(DeRozan) + bad coach = Raptors

To the people who continously defend DD what do you guys think now? another game another LOUSY performance. 33mins 10pts 4rbs. NON FACTOR on both ends of the floor.

What does this guy do well? NOTHING. Horrible defender, inconsistent shooter, doesn't rebound, LOUSY. Why is he getting this much playing time? He's not a very good basketball player. He's a ROLE PLAYER playing heavy mins. Don't get fooled by his 17ppg. Most guards who get the opportunities that DD is getting would put up the same type of numbers.

As for Casey, what can i say?

- Why take Ross out late in the game in favor of DD? Ross was playing sensational shooting the ball, playing defence, rebounding. While the other guy was just FLOATING around as usual.
    - Plays after timeout usually results into a turnover. It happens EVERY game.
    - The inbound pass that resulted into a turnover was comical. Because the 2-3 previous inbound plays were the same. Where's the adjustment?
    Last edited by The Great One; Fri Jan 18, 2013, 11:08 PM.
    Mamba Mentality

Someone call 911 now!

Comment

Lol 2 weeks ago you were comparing demar to Latrell sprewell now your comparing him to role players who rookies should start over.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
        Lol 2 weeks ago you were comparing demar to Latrell sprewell now your comparing him to role players who rookies should start over.

Comment

We played not to lose, instead of playing to win. At least try to get a good shot instead of trying to run down your shot clock only to take a horrible shot to beat the buzzer. They need to play to win down the stretch, not play like they have the game wrapped up.

This one was disappointing to watch. And I could pretty much anticipate what was going to happen when they were up by 4 and just running down the clock without attempting a decent shot. "Lowry"

As for Demar, he needs to step it up, he's playing like a girl scout.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
            Good one!

Comment

J Ram wrote: View Post
              We played not to lose, instead of playing to win. At least try to get a good shot instead of trying to run down your shot clock only to take a horrible shot to beat the buzzer. They need to play to win down the stretch, not play like they have the game wrapped up.

This one was disappointing to watch. And I could pretty much anticipate what was going to happen when they were up by 4 and just running down the clock without attempting a decent shot. "Lowry"

As for Demar, he needs to step it up, he's playing like a girl scout.
              Wow, when the game was up double digits, I was sooooooo worried about that. Why change what has been working? I don't get it.

Comment

You need to calm down, dude.....

Also, I'm not defending Demar's shitty game by any means, and complain all you want, but he is not supposed to be a franchise player, and if you realize that, it should help you chill out a bit.

This game was lost by poor coaching, and a deer-in-headlights 2nd half by the players. No one was really playing great ball, and even the guys playing hard seemed to be playing tight. Clearly Philly made adjustments and Casey was not prepared for them, and didn't know how to fix the problem soon enough to keep the lead.

Comment

I mean really, the Raps had a huge lead and Philly was booed off the court at halftime. All Toronto had to do was keep a 15-20 point lead until 6-8 minutes into that 3rd quarter and I'm sure the crowd would keep booing, and the team would lose any fight.

Comment

This poster is the definition of a bipolar Raptor fan.
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Jose shouldnt be inbounding the ball late..hes turned it over a couple times now.. also got a 5sec violation...

Demar def. should have been sitting late..DC needs to start riding the rooks a little more when there HOT! also..DC 2 games in a row now has rode the same 5 during the 2nd half way too long...i get that there His Stopper Lineup but they cant stop nothing if there dog tired late in the game...Lowry for example..played most of the 2nd half & overtime 2 games in a row & by the end looked gassed..why not bring jose back in early in the 4th to give Lowry a breather if u intend on riding him down the stretch..

Anderson has been getting way too much burn down the stretch too..were's Fields & Pietrus??

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                        Jose shouldnt be inbounding the ball late..hes turned it over a couple times now.. also got a 5sec violation...

Demar def. should have been sitting late..DC needs to start riding the rooks a little more when there HOT! also..DC 2 games in a row now has rode the same 5 during the 2nd half way too long...i get that there His Stopper Lineup but they cant stop nothing if there dog tired late in the game...Lowry for example..played most of the 2nd half & overtime 2 games in a row & by the end looked gassed..why not bring jose back in early in the 4th to give Lowry a breather if u intend on riding him down the stretch..

Anderson has been getting way too much burn down the stretch too..were's Fields & Pietrus??
                        I do not miss Pietrus at all. Glad he is buried.

Comment

I've never been impressed with DC. I think he makes a lot of late game mistakes that has caused the raptors winnable games. That idea of not being able to finish, should fall on the coach as he is the one designing all these plays as well as putting in the right people at the right time. I find him lacking in those areas.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            I do not miss Pietrus at all. Glad he is buried.
                            im not saying he should get minutes but some nights they ride Anderson way too long & it wouldnt hurt to give him a breather now & then...id be ok with Derozan at SF & T.Ross getting more burn aswell..or better yet trade Demar for a Legit Starting SF...DC cant expect role players like Anderson to log Shotta Minutes all the time he tends to wear down late & also starts thinking hes Wade or LBJ..
                            Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Sat Jan 19, 2013, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Sometimes Anderson just starts chucking then he gets easier shots by driving, If He or Fields aren't doing too well why not give Pietrus some burn? Its Depth after all.

Comment

Working...
                              X