The Dark Knight Rises Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Val Kilmer over Michael Keaton?! Blasphemy!
    No, Val Kilmer was better than Keaton.

*singing*Highway to the batmobile! rofl

Btw, just read that crazy story out of denver. Wonder what it had to do with the movie. Maybe he was upset he couldn't get a ticket.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
      Btw, just read that crazy story out of denver. Wonder what it had to do with the movie. Maybe he was upset he couldn't get a ticket.
      You can't really be that naive. This was premeditated. The police just discovered that even his apartment is booby-trapped with explosives. Just another deranged lunatic trying to make a name for himself.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        after willow, kilmer can do no wrong for me. batman and returns are better movies then batman and robin but i think kilmer makes a better batman then keaton.
        Not returns. Returns got two stars and b&r three. So, b&r clearly the better film. I will say Tim Burton was the best director for it and still is on paper. But, Nolan clearly has surpassed him at his own game.
        Who would have thought after "Memento" the greatest independent ever. That this guy would become king of big budget films. I'd still like another pearce-nolan collaboration, though and am shocked therehasn't been one. I read in an interview he was set up to play R'as al Ghul because they were going to make him the same age as bruce. But, then obviously they went a different direction and Liam Neeson got it.
        Wonder how long it will be before Nolan's next film?
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
          You can't really be that naive. This was premeditated. The police just discovered that even his apartment is booby-trapped with explosives. Just another deranged lunatic trying to make a name for himself.
          Easy buddy. It was just a joke. It has nothing to do with being naive and everything to do with conspiracy.

Comment

Easy buddy. It was just a joke. It has nothing to do with being naive and everything to do with conspiracy.
            Sorry, I didn't see the humour in 12 innocent people being killed. Stupid me!

Comment

Not returns. Returns got two stars and b&r three. So, b&r clearly the better film. I will say Tim Burton was the best director for it and still is on paper. But, Nolan clearly has surpassed him at his own game.
              Who would have thought after "Memento" the greatest independent ever. That this guy would become king of big budget films. I'd still like another pearce-nolan collaboration, though and am shocked therehasn't been one. I read in an interview he was set up to play R'as al Ghul because they were going to make him the same age as bruce. But, then obviously they went a different direction and Liam Neeson got it.
              Wonder how long it will be before Nolan's next film?
              i loved devito as the penguin trying to bang catwoman

Comment

Prayers out to those families and friends of the victims in Aurora, Colorado! Man, that was a scary read on my Twitter, can't believe the world today. People in those communities are going to have second thoughts on walking into a movie theater with loved ones and friends.. ***.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                  i loved devito as the penguin trying to bang catwoman
                  I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the characters or the film. But, b&r was better.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                    Prayers out to those families and friends of the victims in Aurora, Colorado! Man, that was a scary read on my Twitter, can't believe the world today. People in those communities are going to have second thoughts on walking into a movie theater with loved ones and friends.. ***.
                    I've never trusted those mall theatres. I have got to be honest though. It would freak me out, I mean it does.
                    But, it makes no difference whether you are at your home at a theatre or at the grocery store. It's called a random act of violence for a reason. Don't matter the place, time, nor date.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                      Sorry, I didn't see the humour in 12 innocent people being killed. Stupid me!
                      You know what they say. If it's not bad, it's not funny. People have made fun of the holocaust, the atomicbomb, columbine, 9/11, tsunamis, earthquakes, etc. Eventually there's humour in everything. You know why? Because laughter is the best medicine.

ftr, I don't find anything funny about 12 people being killed. I was not making fun of them. I feel terrible for all of what happened there. But, everyone reacts to things differently. You sadness for the people, me humour towards the killer. Is either of us wrong? It all depends on your point of view.

Comment

I guess warner bros. had to do something. But, do you think they may have overreacted? I mean it's really out of their hands. I think it's sort of punishing the public to do anything more than apologize and send out a statement. Don't get me wrong, I mean what happened is messed. I guess it has to do with maintaining a reputation for everyone involved with the film.

Comment

I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the characters or the film. But, b&r was better.
                          Batman & Robin is one the WORST movies ever created. Flat out. Bottom 5 EASY.

I reeeally hope you meant Batman Forever.

Comment

Watched it last night, I really liked it. I liked it better than the avengers, but I did not like it more than the Dark Knight. Hathaway as Catwoman worked. I thought they did Bane well (though his voice annoyed the crap out of me), and Bale was good as usual.

Just a little heads up to those who have not seen it, but there will be scenes where Batman talks (in his Batman voice) to Bane (who talks in his Bane voice) and you wont understand a goddamn thing.

What did you guys think about the ending?

Comment

What a great movie. Just got back from it.

Very satisfied with the entire thing.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                                Batman & Robin is one the WORST movies ever created. Flat out. Bottom 5 EASY.

I reeeally hope you meant Batman Forever.
                                I did. I wasn't thinking and got mixed up. Plus, Robin is in both. So, it's confusing.

Comment

Working...
                                X