GT: WSH Wizards @ TOR Raptors 7pm: Novak healthy, emphasis on asts & more JV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Can Fields play back up PG? can we experiment that?
    Lol I think you forgot who the coach is.

Casey experimenting with a lineup that has no player shorter than 6'7???? No way lol. Maybe Fields at center.

Comment

Brandon wrote:
      Re: all this talk about coaching and strategy and so forth;

How much importance would a perfectly executed offensive/defensive system be in relation to talent? Let's say for argument's sake that Adolph Rupp was the all-time greatest ball coach. Here's what we know about the quality of his players:

In his 41 seasons as UK coach, Rupp coached 32 All-Americans, chosen 50 times, 52 All-SEC players, chosen 91 times, 44 NBA Draft Picks, 2 National Players-of-the-Year, 7 Olympic Gold Medalists, and 4 Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame members.

It's clear that Rupp didn't prepare gourmet meals using rancid food. So, those who think Casey is messing everything up must think the players are much better than they're showing, and a great coach (Rupp, for example) would have them producing at a much higher level?
      So what would be your suggestion? Just not physically show up to the games because the talent isn't there?

Comment

Winnable game but its not going to be easy. Nene and Gortat are going to be a tough matchup inside.

Raps also need to contain Beal and Wall. Beal is already one of the best SG in the game. And Wall is always a tough matchup.

I''d love to see more Ross in this game. We need someone that can guard Beal. Ross IMO is our best perimeter defender along with Fields.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          ugh augustine
          Can he really be any worse than Buycks?

Comment

Brandon wrote:
            Hm, I guess SGs aren't important then, because his stats aren't good and his team is a loser.
            Have you watched him play though? or do you just always look at the STATS?
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Brandon wrote:
              Hm, I guess SGs aren't important then, because his stats aren't good and his team is a loser.
              Take a look at his game log, and remind yourself he's only played in 67 games in his pro career.

The kid's a beast.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Take a look at his game log, and remind yourself he's only played in 67 games in his pro career.

The kid's a beast.
                Ya he really is Kenny smith is really high on him, as well as Derozan for that matter, no idea why CHA didnt get him besides the MJ being out of his mind thing.Beal was the best player in that draft at the 2 guard and probably best talent overall behind Davis

Comment

Brandon wrote:
                  Bradley Beals stats:

In 11 games, averaging 40 mpg

21.2 ppg, 42% FG - 50% 3PT (on 6 attempts per game) - 79% FT

4Rebs, 3.5 Assissts.

What about these arent good?
                  knock down 3pt shooter that can also distribute and carry a large offensive burden with higher than average percentages?
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Can he really be any worse than Buycks?
                    Yes, or did you watch the first 5 games?
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      Bradley Beals stats:

In 11 games, averaging 40 mpg

21.2 ppg, 42% FG - 50% 3PT (on 6 attempts per game) - 79% FT

4Rebs, 3.5 Assissts.

What about these arent good?
                      knock down 3pt shooter that can also distribute and carry a large offensive burden with higher than average percentages?
                      52.4% true shooting. Chucker.

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
                        Whats the average TS% for an SG?

Comment

Here's more the first sentence from Casey rings out loud to me "EXPECT SMALL BALL"

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
                            Infact, out of the top 11 highest USG SGs in the league this season,

4 have TS% under .500: Oladipo, Hayward, Wroten, Waiters

And only 4 have a higher TS% than Beal (Beal is the 11th highest USG SG)
                            In fact the average TS% for the top 11 highest USG SGs is 52.5%

This means that Beals percentages are average, not bad, and not chucker worthy. Remember he hits 3/6 3pters every game, it accounts for a lot of 2pt misses and stretches his game out tremendously.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Yes, or did you watch the first 5 games?
                              I did. I thought, and still think that out of the 3 backup PGs on this team, Augustin has played the best so far (in terms of picking your poison).

They all stink, but IMO, Augustin has been the most successful at keeping the team afloat while Lowry's on the bench. It doesn't show up on the boxscore, but I find he's the quickest of the 3, get create separation from his defenders better, and statistically, has a better 3 point shot.

I haven't been complaining because in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter which of the 3 plays 15 mins per game. But man, Buycks has been awful.

Comment

Brandon wrote:
                                He's #1 in minutes on that Bullets team, and yet is 6th on the team in win shares. His ORTG : DRTG is 100 : 109, both worse than the team at large. This suggests he isn't helping. You're right about his 3%, and that's what he is, except that I guess he doesn't realize it yet. He needs to take far fewer 2 pointers because he isn't getting to the line, and he's missing scores of them. If he camped behind the arc and shot every time Wall told him to, he'd be helping, no question. He doesn't do anything else either, he doesn't grab rebounds or get steals, so he's not getting any extra possessions for his team. He's just a bomber. The Raps should get him the ball and run him off the line and encourage him to shoot closer.
                                Fair points, cant really argue with that.
                                But watch out for him to improve over the next few years and really break out, efficiency wise!

Comment

Working...
                                X