Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is The Superstar Trifecta Good Or Bad For The NBA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forget who it was that posted it on twitter, it's a quote from some team executive saying "Lebron has done more recruiting in the past 4 days then he did in 4 years in Cleveland."
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
      I forget who it was that posted it on twitter, it's a quote from some team executive saying "Lebron has done more recruiting in the past 4 days then he did in 4 years in Cleveland."
      thats awesome... i am slightly interested in seeing what kind of menagerie of decrepit old half broken veterans, d-leaguers, and forgotten roleplayers they can convince to play for minimum salaries and the faint dream of a championship

the sad part is less nationally televised games for the smaller market teams.... which is too bad, i'd much rather watch a thunder game

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
        Every move Gilbert did was derived from what Lebron wanted to do. How is this his fault?
        I am pretty sure in the GM manual, chapter 1 states don't pander to your star player or you will lose him.

Reinsdorf famously never picked the guys the Jordan wanted leaving to the Kukoc beef.

Kobe wanted Bynum traded 3 years ago and now they have been to the finals three straight years.

Wade wanted Riley to throw some bandaids on the Heat so he wouldn't have to win 47 games alone, now the rest of the league has a concussion.

The former big three desperately wanted Sheed and now he's retiring two years too late.

The lesson is that player's make horrible GM's. They can't separate business from personal, are very reactionary and will never take the blame when thier 'guy' fails.

Gilbert surrounded Bron with aging vets, raptor throwaways and 3rd tier talent for 7 years. If Bron had any input in personnel decisions it was too much and as a result they either made panic trades for a dried out Shaq and a washed up Jamison or they decided the roster was fine and refused to add another gun. Bron gave them 7 of the best years of his life and all he ever asked for was another all star and the Cav's never delivered. This is why I have no pity for Gilbert as his was a self fulfilling prophecy.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
          I am pretty sure in the GM manual, chapter 1 states don't pander to your star player or you will lose him.

Reinsdorf famously never picked the guys the Jordan wanted leaving to the Kukoc beef.

Kobe wanted Bynum traded 3 years ago and now they have been to the finals three straight years.

Wade wanted Riley to throw some bandaids on the Heat so he wouldn't have to win 47 games alone, now the rest of the league has a concussion.

The former big three desperately wanted Sheed and now he's retiring two years too late.

The lesson is that player's make horrible GM's. They can't separate business from personal, are very reactionary and will never take the blame when thier 'guy' fails.

Gilbert surrounded Bron with aging vets, raptor throwaways and 3rd tier talent for 7 years. If Bron had any input in personnel decisions it was too much and as a result they either made panic trades for a dried out Shaq and a washed up Jamison or they decided the roster was fine and refused to add another gun. Bron gave them 7 of the best years of his life and all he ever asked for was another all star and the Cav's never delivered. This is why I have no pity for Gilbert as his was a self fulfilling prophecy.
          I agree with your chapter 1 theory, players shouldn't be interconnected with business decisions. However: The former big three and sheed? Sheed was a big part in why the Celts went to the finals, game 7, this is contradicting your analogy because the players made a "good decision."

Lets say Bron had no input. You talk about these players that surrounded him as being castaways, tier 3 players, correct me if i'm wrong but were they not the best team in the league? Jamison was declared the best trade at the deadline, and Shaq is still being chased by many of the top teams in the league. Regardless of all that, it was all because of Ferry, not Gilbert. Dan is the owner, NOT THE G.M.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
            I agree with your chapter 1 theory, players shouldn't be interconnected with business decisions. However: The former big three and sheed? Sheed was a big part in why the Celts went to the finals, game 7, this is contradicting your analogy because the players made a "good decision."

Lets say Bron had no input. You talk about these players that surrounded him as being castaways, tier 3 players, correct me if i'm wrong but were they not the best team in the league? Jamison was declared the best trade at the deadline, and Shaq is still being chased by many of the top teams in the league. Regardless of all that, it was all because of Ferry, not Gilbert. Dan is the owner, NOT THE G.M.
            First off, Sheed was a close 2nd to Hedo for being the LVP of the league last year. One of the reasons he is retiring is because his body can't hold up nor his pride for mailing in another 82 game season. The guy averaged 6 and 3 at 41% for the playoffs, lets not get start rewriting history here. He was supposed to be signed for two more years at about 6 mil per, his contract was truly an abomination.

Are you really arguing for the merits of that Cav's team? They had the worst roster 2-12 of any 60 win team in history. Jamison was heralded as a steal until he made KG look young again and Shaq's methodical meander up the court was akin to shackling Bron with a 350 pound anklet. Shaq is being chased by the veteran's minimum to come off the bench and wave to the crowd like a 40 year old Babe Ruth.

Ferry was the GM, but now Gilbert holds both titles and his desire to pursue a strategy of reckless spending rather then proactive improvements is the reason the Cav's best young player (JJ Hickson) couldn't get burn over two fossils and a Simpson's parody.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
              First off, Sheed was a close 2nd to Hedo for being the LVP of the league last year. One of the reasons he is retiring is because his body can't hold up nor his pride for mailing in another 82 game season. The guy averaged 6 and 3 at 41% for the playoffs, lets not get start rewriting history here. He was supposed to be signed for two more years at about 6 mil per, his contract was truly an abomination.

Are you really arguing for the merits of that Cav's team? They had the worst roster 2-12 of any 60 win team in history. Jamison was heralded as a steal until he made KG look young again and Shaq's methodical meander up the court was akin to shackling Bron with a 350 pound anklet. Shaq is being chased by the veteran's minimum to come off the bench and wave to the crowd like a 40 year old Babe Ruth.

Ferry was the GM, but now Gilbert holds both titles and his desire to pursue a strategy of reckless spending rather then proactive improvements is the reason the Cav's best young player (JJ Hickson) couldn't get burn over two fossils and a Simpson's parody.
              I'm trying to rewrite history? I'm pretty sure it was Bostons defence that was getting it done in the playoffs, which Sheed was a HUGE part of. When you show me his offensive numbers, it tells me that you have no idea how championships are won, and what his role was.

Yah buddy, I am agruing with you about the merit of the Cavs roster, who the hell argues about the worst 60 win team in history? Thats a retarded argument, if your winning 60 games, your good. Your argument about KG vs Jamison.. Who is the hall of famer of those 2 again?

Comment

Working...
              X