Raptors 2014 Free Agency: non-Raptors thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Well, before he was lined up for 5/44M with Indy. Assuming a backloaded deal, that would look like 7.7M, 8.2M, 8.8M in the first 3 seasons (24.7M). He signed a 3 year deal for 27M, so it is a pay raise in the short term, and he may well make a lot more in the new TV deal world post 2016 (if CHA declines his team option he'll be a free agent in 2016, if not in 2017).
    That may well be so but why did the Pacers not step up a bit to match (maybe LS did not give them the opportunity) and neither did the other suitors eg. Bulls, Rockets etc. He is a talent but also enigmatic (being kind). The Pacers have a hole to fill.

Comment

• I feel like there was a lot going on under the surface in that Indiana locker room. I'm curious to see where they go from here
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Well, before he was lined up for 5/44M with Indy. Assuming a backloaded deal, that would look like 7.7M, 8.2M, 8.8M in the first 3 seasons (24.7M). He signed a 3 year deal for 27M, so it is a pay raise in the short term, and he may well make a lot more in the new TV deal world post 2016 (if CHA declines his team option he'll be a free agent in 2016, if not in 2017).
        He's getting quite a bit more money and going to a team that wants him as an offensive focus. He's only 23 and will be primed for a max deal in 2/3 years if he reaches his potential. Charlotte is on the way up and Indiana is on the way down. He's still gonna be on a playoff team. I think it makes a lot of sense for Stephenson. Indiana will likely have a bad year and they would have just tried to blame everything on him. He got out while the getting was good.

It also makes Charlotte quite a bit better. Now more worried about them than Indiana.

Comment

• So, if you're keeping score at home: the heat got way worse, the pavers got worse, the nets got worse, the bulls stayed the same and the raptors got better. Let the season begin.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Aron Baynes - Spurs

Looking for a tough all-around centre/PF to play backup/spot minutes? Baynes is someone hopefully MU has his eyes on. Each time I saw him play he sort of stood out to me...just played good tough basketball who ran the floor and didnt back down. He is a rfa with a q/o of about 1.2 mill. and the type of player who the Spurs seem to come up with all the time. Apparently according to the article below he maybe gettable since the team is up against the cap and they have other priorities as well.

http://projectspurs.com/2014-article...er-spaces.html

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
              Looking for a tough all-around centre/PF to play backup/spot minutes? Baynes is someone hopefully MU has his eyes on. Each time I saw him play he sort of stood out to me...just played good tough basketball who ran the floor and didnt back down. He is a rfa with a q/o of about 1.2 mill. and the type of player who the Spurs seem to come up with all the time. Apparently according to the article below he maybe gettable since the team is up against the cap and they have other priorities as well.

http://projectspurs.com/2014-article...er-spaces.html
              Lol and obviously his career high is against the Raptors:

Is it just me that feels the scrubs always go off on the Raptors?
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                So, if you're keeping score at home: the heat got way worse, the pavers got worse, the nets got worse, the bulls stayed the same and the raptors got better. Let the season begin.
                Have to think the Bulls are better this year. The Wizards are probably on par with where they ended the season last year, meaning they are better overall (the first half Wiz were terrible). CLE got a tonne better obviously. CHA got better.

The East will be very interesting this year.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Have to think the Bulls are better this year. The Wizards are probably on par with where they ended the season last year, meaning they are better overall (the first half Wiz were terrible). CLE got a tonne better obviously. CHA got better.

The East will be very interesting this year.
                  First-18-games-Raptors also sucked. If we claim Raptors will be on the same track as after those 18 games, we would be using .650 as the baseline for the Raptors to improve off from.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    Lol and obviously his career high is against the Raptors:

Is it just me that feels the scrubs always go off on the Raptors?
                    I hate the term "scrub" as used to define an active nba player. He and others in the L is one of about the best 450 players in the world playing in the best basketball league in the world. He may not be one of the best nba players...true...but as your vid shows he has some offensive skills....and not without defensive ones either. He also plays a small role on the current championship team which could be expanded on a lesser team. We need a c/pf backup player....he comes relatively cheap...we do not have much to spend....he is an option...imo a decent option...and probably gettable.

Comment

I hate the term "scrub" as used to define an active nba player. He and others in the L is one of about the best 450 players in the world playing in the best basketball league in the world. He may not be one of the best nba players...true...but as your vid shows he has some offensive skills....and not without defensive ones either. He also plays a small role on the current championship team which could be expanded on a lesser team. We need a c/pf backup player....he comes relatively cheap...we do not have much to spend....he is an option...imo a decent option...and probably gettable.
                      Scrub is a relative term. If Baynes was playing at the local YMCA he'd be a superstar. On the court with NBA players, he's a scrub. You may hate the term but I think it works quite well in context. No one is saying he sucks at basketball, just that he sucks relative to the other 450 guys in the NBA.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                        Scrub is a relative term. If Baynes was playing at the local YMCA he'd be a superstar. On the court with NBA players, he's a scrub. You may hate the term but I think it works quite well in context. No one is saying he sucks at basketball, just that he sucks relative to the other 450 guys in the NBA.
                        Where then on the suck-meter does he measure relative to other bkup bigs (a need) making his salary (a constraint). Does he have and provide value? Our bkup options right now are Bebe & Hayes at centre.

Comment

Where then on the suck-meter does he measure relative to other bkup bigs (a need) making his salary (a constraint). Does he have and provide value? Our bkup options right now are Bebe & Hayes at centre.
                          Amir will play a lot of backup center, and I imagine Tyler will too since he did last year. We're talking about 1-5 minutes a game tops here, so I don't really care if they don't add 4th center. If we're trying to stop a big bruising center, you put Chuck Hayes on them since he's impossible to move off his spot. If it's a more mobile big you try Bebe on him since he's mobile and can block shots. They're both just killing time while JV catches his breath.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                            Amir will play a lot of backup center, and I imagine Tyler will too since he did last year. We're talking about 1-5 minutes a game tops here, so I don't really care if they don't add 4th center. If we're trying to stop a big bruising center, you put Chuck Hayes on them since he's impossible to move off his spot. If it's a more mobile big you try Bebe on him since he's mobile and can block shots. They're both just killing time while JV catches his breath.
                            Its important to find another player for insurance. In case of injury or trade.

Comment

• ed davis to the lakers!

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                                ed davis to the lakers!
                                2 years for $2M
                                Amazing
                                Raptors should have gotten him...

Comment

Working...
                                X