Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    I'm disappointed as much as the next Raptors fan, but until Bargnani struggles in the regular season then the starting centre position is for him to lose. Based on exhibition play he definitely doesn't deserve it, but this is why they call it pre-season. This is where you get the rust off and fix those inadequacies hoping that you're a different player come the regular season. We'll just have to wait and see.
    I definitely agree on a general basis, and this should apply to any player.
    Plus, right now Bargs looks worse than POB, can't be real! LOL

But...Andrea once again is not showing the right attitude: on a season like this one, the first without Bosh, one would expect Bargs to come in extra-motivated and ready to send a clear message to teammates and coaches right from day 1. Well, it's not the case, is it? Yes, he's played this summer, he has to adjust to the new settings, it is only preseason, etc. etc., but he looks light years away from the core of the action, and from the collective emotional brain of this team. So, not ready to send him packing yet, but he'll have to perform (isn't he the Mago?) a dramatic positive change in the next weeks if he wants to become a central piece of the new Raps. Last call for him, let's wait 20-25 games. And for Jay Triano too, if he coaches like last year. But as this is a rebuilding year, we might hold our nose and keep the gentle Canadian until next summer.
    So I chose the 'Too early too tell tchoo tchoo' option. ;-)
    ka mate, ka ora, whiti te rā!!, hī!

Comment

• adkin wrote: View Post
      He is sucking on purpose, just so nobody will be ale to pick up on any of his new moves.
      The game wasn't on TV yesterday and all I saw were the TSN highlights. Great game, the team tried as hard as it could especially on an away game. Clearly there were holes on the defence but good for the most part... except there was this no-name player that turnstiled Bargs. I understand that he played for Italy in the summer (so did Kleiza, Andersen and Barbosa at the worlds). Unfortunately, Bargs forgot that he is now in North America. If he keeps this up, he's cementing his career as the NBA's tallest pylon.

What in the world is he so afraid of that desperate D-Leaguers are blowing past him. You know what would shut us up? How about single digit scoring and maybe 6 rebounds in 25 minutes? Is that too much to ask in pre-season?

Too bad he's BC's boy, otherwise he'd be riding the pine if Van Gundy, Skiles, Brooks or Brown were to be the coach.

I'm rebranding him as Il Prego this year, which coincidentally means "you're welcome" in Italian - a term he'll be saying all season long to his interior oponents.
      Last edited by Balls of Steel; Mon Oct 11, 2010, 09:46 AM.
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• LeeZ wrote: View Post
        Bang on! Yes, he looks scared now that he doesn't have the space in which to operate that he had last year. So he immediately swings the ball along the perimeter as soon as someone passes to him. He's deferential to a fault. Even last year when he really had it going in games, at the first sign of someone getting in his face, he would back off and then disappear for the rest of the night. I think that BC will move him before the trade deadline; something tells me he's had enough.
        Just as scared in that GQ photoshoot with Ms. Nawal. She felt so bad that she decided to go out with him. She's thinking, what harm could he possibly pose? He can't even defend a toddler!
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Pele wrote: View Post
          Bargnani played, in my opinion, very poorly for Italy this summer. He should of killed the competition. Instead, Italy got blown out. I'm tired of him already. He's the Kaberle of the Raps; a skilled softy with no killer instinct. How about a straight trade for Luol Deng, Taj Gibson or even Ronnie Brewer?
          so, 24.1 ppg (top scorer of the qualifying tournament) shooting 56.5% from the court and 6.6 rbg does not sound to me as "very poorly", and Italy got his spot for Eurobasket 2011, so...

here are the full stats: http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8j...rID_36246.html

Comment

• How about trading him to New Orleans for Okafor straight up (we use a bit of the TPE). They have a new building, Paul is sticking around it seems, they need all the PR they can get with a young player like Bargs (not that Okafor is old). They can sell tickets with a former # 1 pick in a new arena, we get a legitimate Center that won't demand so much of the ball and swat blocks like there's no tomorrow.

Comment

• Everything Bargnani

I'm Back!!!

It's been a while since I was on this site..I have been really buziiii,and now that raptor season is upon us,I will be more available.....anyway back 2 my topic.
              Yes...I'm one who is not impress with Andrea and never will be.
              Andrea has been with this franchise for 4 years going on 5 and he is still LOST...
              Especially now that raptors are playing different offensive style and that Defense comes first.
              Does he need big man play beside him..u bet ure Ass he does,now we know how much it was RuPaul that made him go...
              Honestly what I want this franchise 2 do is get his value at highest and move him for talent that could benefit raptors organazation.
              I might be out the lunch with this,but if u disagree with me or agree post ure msg...
              Cheers!!!!

Go Raptors!!!
              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• I think it's a little early in the year to be talking trade but if by December/January he's not where we need him to be I want him gone. This is his chance to make his career and become a star, If he messes it up I don't want him in this locker room.
                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• I don't understand some raps fans, for real... I see people already making up trade ideas for Bargnani... really???

Bargs is our starter, it's year 1 of the 5 year extension that BC signed him to, get used to it. It's PRESEASON, don't take his performance as a measure of what his numbers will look like in the regular season.

He frustrates me just as much as he does you guys, but trust me, he's not going anywhere as long as BC is here.

Comment

• jake&elwood wrote: View Post
                    so, 24.1 ppg (top scorer of the qualifying tournament) shooting 56.5% from the court and 6.6 rbg does not sound to me as "very poorly", and Italy got his spot for Eurobasket 2011, so...

here are the full stats: http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8j...rID_36246.html
                    Aight, so let's see him do that against opponents and teams in the NBA, THEN we'll co-sign your statement. It's year 5 for this dude. He's a silent bag of excuses, sucks with media, is WORTHLESS in defense and lost in offense at times and is paid waay too much for the lack of consistency. I see people say he was our #1 pick for a reason...well, so are the ones that want him out. If he's our #1 for a reason, then he needs to SHOW it. Look at Banks and Evans, they came in trimmed down and focused on our GOAL. Bargs, knows he has BC's nipple in his mouth so he's fine at going at whatever pace HE wants and not what the team wants. Box, seal and ship him out. On to the next....
                    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

• Bargnani has been bad.... really bad. However, in his defense (bad pun, considering) the team is running a summer league style of offense right now, with no plays drawn up for individuals. Unfortunately for Bargs this means that the guards, who can create for themselves, are running the offense, not the coaches. As well, the two struggling players are the ones that have been around the longest (Calderon and Bargs) and have the least to prove and the most changes to make. Both of these guys feed off of their offense (which is not good, but reality), and thus the reason for Bargs poor showing on that end (he is a much better one-on-one defender than he has shown thus far). Bargnani will be better, he can't be worse, because he will start to have plays run for him and he is a player that needs to get in a rhythm.

Comment

• jake&elwood wrote: View Post
                        and Italy got his spot for Eurobasket 2011, so...
                        ]
                        I'm not gonna enter the discussion about his level of play this summer, as it's difficult to compare it to the NBA from several points of view.
                        But it definitely had nothing to do with Italy's qualification. As a matter of fact Italy was eliminated during this summer's tournament, only to be later admitted due to the extension (16 teams to 24 teams) of the number of participants (FIBA decision).

Comment

• hateslosing wrote: View Post
                          I think it's a little early in the year to be talking trade but if by December/January he's not where we need him to be I want him gone. This is his chance to make his career and become a star, If he messes it up I don't want him in this locker room.
                          Agree. Ok being angry at the way he has started and at his attitude.....but man, that's waaaay too early! Sorta premature ejaculation...wait for the climax! LOL
                          Give our poor-man Houdini his last chance!

Comment

• i think that it is exactly the right time to move him. hes been here 4-5 years & his growth as a player has hit the wall. my opinion is move him while he still has some believers in his ability. & note to BC never again draft a soft finess big & expect them to bang with the big boys. if bosh was rupal then bargs is monica bellucci LOL

Comment

• You can't trade him based on two crappy preseason performances. Sure he's disappointed since being drafted, but he's also playing with a ton of new faces yet again. Give him some time to mesh with the new guys again and if come Xmas time he's still underachieving then look at moving him. I'm one of Bargnani's biggest critics, but I think too many of you are a little too hasty to move him already.

As Axel Rose once said: "All we need is just a little patience"

Comment

• hateslosing wrote: View Post
                                I think it's a little early in the year to be talking trade but if by December/January he's not where we need him to be I want him gone. This is his chance to make his career and become a star, If he messes it up I don't want him in this locker room.
                                I disagree and here is why. Over the last 4 years AB had no shortage of supporters in the front office of the Raptors. It has become habitual (almost second nature) for them to make excuses for him in the hope that he can validate some of what they have been preaching. Not too long after his numbers improved (two seasons ago if I recall, starting mid way through the season when Smitch was fired) they lavished him with a $50M contract, which they dont shy to defend every time he has a good game or two.

In my humble opinion the Andrea Bargnani experiment should have been aborted the moment we selected Ed Davis. What if the latter develops into a solid PF in this league; will we continue to play AB at centre (when we know through experience that he did nothing special in that position when he played along side a perrenial all star in CB)? Or will we relegate the up and coming Davis to the bench so that Mr. silverspoon can play his so called "natural position"? Oh maybe bring in another centre and give him 20-25 minutes so that Mr. AB can play the PF and push Amir and ED further down the bench (I guess this is the reason we are rebuilding with high draft picks and awarding a promising PF in AJ a sizable contract in the summer!).

For all the pple who say wait a llittle bit, I ask, wait for what exactly? Is he going to develop a big man game in the post (he is in his fifth year already)? He may continue to develop in the areas that he has succeded in like 3pointers, off the dribble jump shots 15-20 ft. from the basket, his turnaround fade away 10-15 ft., but I truely believe that at this stage in his carrer he will not become a big man player as commonly recognized in the NBA.

Well, the lack of scoring on this team is a matter of concern especially if we trade AB? Another myth that I don't quite understand. In the first two pre season games we scored an average of 100 points and records prove Andrea had nothing to do with it.

I dont doubt Andrea is talented and I dont doubt he can contribute, but I have serious doubts as to whether he can achieve this in Raptors uniform. Maybe managements' expectations are too high, maybe the guy is better suited playing 2nd or 3rd banana on a team, maybe he needs a dominant centre or a low post player (who commands a double team) to realize his game. Unfortunaly we dont have those elemnts on our team and when we did (that is in Bosh and btw I am happy he left) we couldn't get to the playoffs.
                                Last edited by thomas1; Mon Oct 11, 2010, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X