Misconceptions about Derozan's Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
    Give this guy 1-2 more years under Casey, I guarantee he will become a good defender, I mean if Andrea Bargnani's defense can improve the way we saw it did early in the season with no training camp, Demar's can improve too. The focus is now defense, and I have faith in Casey to teach these guys how to play hard on that side of the ball.
    Love that point. Effectively stops my argument until the season gets rolling as DeMar deserves a shot to learn...I just hope that he actually does. I don't hate him, but his offense is no where near Bargnani's, so I feel like he should at the very least he should step it up on D to compensate. Hopefully he gets it this year, as I don't think BC and company are willing to sign him on long term if he doesn't take the strides they expect him to.

Comment

Quito wrote: View Post
      Love that point. Effectively stops my argument until the season gets rolling as DeMar deserves a shot to learn...I just hope that he actually does. I don't hate him, but his offense is no where near Bargnani's, so I feel like he should at the very least he should step it up on D to compensate. Hopefully he gets it this year, as I don't think BC and company are willing to sign him on long term if he doesn't take the strides they expect him to.
      Demar is young, he is athletic, and apparently he is a very hard worker in practice. With those characteristics their is no reason why he can't be a good defender. Casey seems like the type of coach who can get the most out of his players. That being said, if we don't see a noticeable difference in his defense after this year, he might've hit his defensive ceiling.
      "Defense wins championships."

Comment

The problem is his bizarre sense of entitlement
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          The problem is his bizarre sense of entitlement
          never got that sense from him. but I didn't like the force feeding him minutes and not making him earn them
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
            Demar is young, he is athletic, and apparently he is a very hard worker in practice. With those characteristics their is no reason why he can't be a good defender. Casey seems like the type of coach who can get the most out of his players. That being said, if we don't see a noticeable difference in his defense after this year, he might've hit his defensive ceiling.
            Love Demar. Agree with everything you say. Especially the 'hard worker' part. Let me also add that he has a good head on his shoulders. All this said though I think that he's best suited for shooting guard and hope he is in our long term plans. I may be proven wrong but in my opinion except size(as of now) Ross has the attributes to eventually be a SF.
            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

His tweet and spat with Casey last year showed that for sure. Demar 'plays' small - which is what people are seeing, regardless of physical dimensions. Wouldn't be surprised to see him shipped out at the trade deadline.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                His tweet and spat with Casey last year showed that for sure. Demar 'plays' small - which is what people are seeing, regardless of physical dimensions. Wouldn't be surprised to see him shipped out at the trade deadline.
                I forgot about that.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  I forgot about that.
                  what was his tweet?
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

3- DeMar DeRozan had another nice night offensively, scoring 17 points on 14 field goal attempts to go along with a couple of boards, an assist, a steal and two blocks. DeRozan scored all of his points through the first three quarters, however, as he was curiously stapled to the bench for much of the fourth quarter. I’m not sure if Dwane Casey was unhappy with something about DeMar’s game tonight, if he was simply sticking with a lineup that had them in a close game down the stretch, or if it was all part of the Tank Nation “conspiracy” (sarcasm by the way, as I can’t see Casey stomaching a purposeful tank). Whatever it was, DeMar didn’t know the reason either, or he did, and just wasn’t happy with it:

DeMar DeRozan@DeMar_DeRozan
                    Straight Bulls#!+
                    28 Feb 12

For the record, that tweet has now mysteriously disappeared. The NBA’s twitter policy does state that players can’t tweet until after they “have finished their responsibilities after games.” The game finished around 10:30. DeMar’s tweet was sent at 11:13. Hopefully one of the beat reporters can confirm soon enough whether DeMar completed his post-game responsibilities before tweeting. Either way, expect insane reaction, massive speculation and maybe even some confusion over what this tweet was really about, if we haven’t already figured it out.
                    Did some google work, found this at http://blogs.thescore.com/raptorblog...88-raptors-85/

Took place after the Rockets game

But I think things were fine afterwards, though you never know (like what happened with JJ)

Didn't catch DeMar DeRozan's Twitter mini-controversy until after I recapped Friday night's game. While it was juvenile and once again highlighted the double-edged sword that is social media, at least DeRozan rebounded from a tough night in the right way. The 22-year-old downplayed the tweet as vented frustration (Casey, for his part, saw some good in the fact that DeRozan was angry) and then proceeded to earn nearly a full game's worth of minutes on Sunday.
                    http://www.examiner.com/article/game...-over-warriors
                    Last edited by theycallmeZZ; Thu Jul 26, 2012, 12:02 PM.
                    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                      If your measurements are from predraft isn't it very possible that Demar has grown an inch and a half since then like Paul George? Nba.com could be more updated
                      NBA.com uses the team press release numbers for its player profiles, not the combine measurements.

These are the numbers that told us Barkley was 6'8" and Shaq weighed 280.

Combine measurements might get outgrown occasionally (Not usually) but they are way more reliable than the press guides, which are basically wholesale lies.

Comment

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
                        Did some google work, found this at http://blogs.thescore.com/raptorblog...88-raptors-85/

Took place after the Rockets game

But I think things were fine afterwards, though you never know (like what happened with JJ)

http://www.examiner.com/article/game...-over-warriors
                        I see the controversy now...thanks for the post
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

upon reflection I am starting to think DeRozan has until the all star break to really come into his own.

Between Ross - Fields - Kleiza and Anderson that leash is starting to look short.

Calderon can also play the 2 in small ball situations
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

upon even more reflection. DeRozan is in a contract year...he knows it, we know it, BC knows it, his agent knows it...this will likely be a career year for him

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                              upon even more reflection. DeRozan is in a contract year...he knows it, we know it, BC knows it, his agent knows it...this will likely be a career year for him
                              if he's underperforming at the deadline, we're going to see a trade no doubt. we can't let a player like him walk away for free
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                              X