Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lin to the Raptors a good idea? Lin Raptors Plan B? (168)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why 2 years? Why not 1 year? or 3 years? It's just an arbitrary number.

Comment

• I would do Lin for the full MLE having seen him now with two different coaches and bunch of different players being thrown at him

with consistency in minutes and team mates he looks to average around

14 - 16pts 7 - 10 asts and 3 - 5 boards. I do not like his turnovers though.

Having said that...This is his first year with any substantial minutes and I expect his turnovers to drop as the game slows down for him
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Why 2 years? Why not 1 year? or 3 years? It's just an arbitrary number.
        idk thats my opinion. He could have made the all star game but they gave love another shot and bosh who is playing better this season.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          I'm against Lin getting the equivalent of full MLE from the Raptors. I think people are falling in love with the guy far too quickly and are setting themselves up for major disappointment if he doesn't work out long term. I'm not against him being a Raptor but I am against him at the high end prices mentioned in here.
          Since when was MLE high end?

MLE money in the NBA is like money to buy a Prius or Maxima IRL.

Your main defense of Lin is also my main argument(ie: time). So look in the mirror I guess, we're on even ground here.
          Your main argument was that he is a bad PG who will falter in high pressure situations. I was the one who brought up sample size.

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          idk thats my opinion. He could have made the all star game but they gave love another shot and bosh who is playing better this season.
          So instead of accepting hard facts you prefer to preach your own fallible opinion?

Comment

• Interesting Comparison:

http://bit.ly/GI8phD

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
              Interesting Comparison:

http://bit.ly/GI8phD
              Thanks for the link. I don't believe I have seen this site before.

Comment

• Prime wrote: View Post
                Since when was MLE high end?
                Since it's the most anyone can offer? And I don't know what you're getting at by bringing weak cars into this. I wouldn't waste my money on one of those, I'm a truck guy.

Prime wrote: View Post
                Your main argument was that he is a bad PG who will falter in high pressure situations. I was the one who brought up sample size.
                No, my main arguement is that based on past experience you're asking to get hosed by jumping all over Lin in this short amount of time. He has flags and he's not going to have enough time to dispel those flags in this small sample size.

Comment

• if the raps could get him for Bayless money next year, why not have him back up Caldy?

Comment

• Please stop this thread, I'm embarrassed I even started it.

Comment

• After tonight's win you understand now. Jeremy lin is overhyped, he is going to average at best

Comment

• Hahahahaha, Jeremy Lin got shut down by Jose Calderon. Shut this thread down..
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• As much as I do not think Lin would work in Toronto/does not deserve MLE, you can not sum him up after last nights game.

Last nights game just showed that he is still somewhat un proven. You can not throw money at guys who are not proven. If you do you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

I like Lin. He is hardworking and has done some great stuff on the court, but I dont see him in Toronto nor do I want to see it.
                          Last edited by Red and White; Sat Mar 24, 2012, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• Lin has shown that he is not a scrub. He isn't an all-star, or a franchise player (might be someday, who knows) but he has shown the ability to produce as a starter. His performance last night was not great, but his performance against Toronto on two other occasions has been. I would say he has shown he belongs on an NBA team and can handle starters minutes. That puts him in pretty elite category.

Would I want him in Toronto? Not my first choice, but I am sure he could produce after the teams talent upgrade next year. Would I give up a lot to get him? No.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                              Lin has shown that he is not a scrub. He isn't an all-star, or a franchise player (might be someday, who knows) but he has shown the ability to produce as a starter. His performance last night was not great, but his performance against Toronto on two other occasions has been. I would say he has shown he belongs on an NBA team and can handle starters minutes. That puts him in pretty elite category.

Would I want him in Toronto? Not my first choice, but I am sure he could produce after the teams talent upgrade next year. Would I give up a lot to get him? No.
                              I don't want him. He's still a project in progression mode, but we have similar player to him in Jerryd Bayless who is much better IMO.
                              Lin is overrated, people think he is going to be some NBA all-star, IMO, I don't see him being more than a starter putting up average numbers like a 12-8. Especially with the players he's with, it's bound to happen.

I like Lin's work ethic, but I don't see it fitting this team, and people overrate his defensive abilities as well. He's just soooo average. His potential IMO is fairly high, but not one where it would turn him into a superstar.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                                Lin has shown that he is not a scrub. He isn't an all-star, or a franchise player (might be someday, who knows) but he has shown the ability to produce as a starter. His performance last night was not great, but his performance against Toronto on two other occasions has been. I would say he has shown he belongs on an NBA team and can handle starters minutes. That puts him in pretty elite category.

Puffer you need to stop puffing them drugs. Lin is not a franchise player he's no where close to a franchise player. He will be lucky to make 1 all star game as a reserve

Comment

Working...
                                X