Reggie Suffers a Broken Foot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    Rebounding is under rated NOT over rated... after all if u dont get the ball how can u score it.... if your just going to inbound after every second chance bucket against then its going to be a real long night.........& season!
    Rebounding is over rated at least by Raptors fans.

Go back and look at the FG% and rebounding ranking of past NBA Finals winners.

They almost always rank higher in FG% than they do in rebounding.

The point of the game is to put the ball in the basket, and you don't need a rebound to do it,
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Rebounding is important, and one of our biggest strenghts, cause even when we sucked at shooting we still collected offensive rebounds which helps keeping u in games. It can give u extra possesions and take away posessions from the other teams, its imp, but scoring and general D is more imp... but u need to not suck in any of the of the 3 to rly succeed in this league

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
        Was this same foot that kept him out all of last season?
        What foot did he injure last season?

I think it was his right foot. (I have A 50% chance of being correct)

The injury looked like a stress fracture.

He just jumped for the rebound landed clean and square on the floor with both feet.

The foot fractured.

My guess is that this injury was due to the excessive minutes that he was playing.

His minutes were up at least 50% from his career average.

His body, ankle just gave way from all the running and especially jumping and just gave way due to excess stress that had built up over the 20, including pre-season, games that he played heavy minutes for him at after 9 seasons in the NBA.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
          Rebounding is way over rated.
          Pat Riely says: No Rebound, No Ring

I am sorry Pal, the guy just broke his leg for this team and fougth till the last minute and you CAN NOT STOP your shamless propoganda for Amir and get off your soapbox.

Comment

Blasterfi9 wrote: View Post
            Rebounding is important, and one of our biggest strenghts, cause even when we sucked at shooting we still collected offensive rebounds which helps keeping u in games. It can give u extra possesions and take away posessions from the other teams, its imp, but scoring and general D is more imp... but u need to not suck in any of the of the 3 to rly succeed in this league
            Rebounding is meaningless if you can't shoot and score.

You can rebound all night but if you can't shoot what good is it?

None

However, if you can shoot than you don't need to rebound as much.

Rather obvious.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
              Was this same foot that kept him out all of last season?
              It is a different foot from last year. He broke his right foot today, last year was his left.

http://blogs.thescore.com/raptorblog...0-raptors-101/
              http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

I think that Raptor fans are sensitive to rebounding as a stat because of being out rebounded for almost 15 years. I remember how frustrating it was watching games and seeing opposing teams getting offensive rebound after offensive rebound. I wanted to pull my hair out. It was nice to finally have a guy in Reggie who has done what no other Raptor has been able to do - get a freakin rebound. So I salute you Reggie - you will be missed.
                Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                  Pat Riely says: No Rebound, No Ring

I am sorry Pal, the guy just broke his leg for this team and fougth till the last minute and you CAN NOT STOP your shamless propoganda for Amir and get off your soapbox.
                  I just want the Raptors to win.

If the Raptors record without Reggie is not better than I will admit that I undervalued Reggie.

If it is better, which I expect it will be that will be satisfaction enough regardless of whether Johnson starts or not.

That is how it will be.

Comment

This both really bad and slightly good. It is going to do us more bad than good though. Yes it gives Amir and Ed a chance to play big minutes. But we lose our emotional leader, I think our level of energy and hustle will go down. But I'm hoping for the best, does anyone know for sure how long his injury will last, and if he will be able to grab 25 rebounds when he comes back..

Comment

I feel badly for Reggie, but I think that the Raptors will be a better team without him.

Am I happy that he got injured?

Of course not.

That notion is insane, straight up.

Yea, yea it is.

However, I do think that the Raptors will now be a better team and that will be a good thing for all Raptors fans.

Comment

BC should hop on the phone to MJ & see if he still wants Reggie before the news spreads LOL

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                          Rebounding is way over rated.

It is important but shooting and scoring are more important.

Raptors out rebounded the Celtics tonight 44 - 35.

Celtics shot 54% and the Raptors 45%

Celtics won.
                          You're an idiot. A Big one.

Comment

Couple of things:

1. This is a big blow to the Raps' ability to make a deadline deal. Reggie was their biggest asset as an affordable expiring deal AND a player that could genuinely help a playoff team looking for some rebounding help as a 4th big. That value is gone now. I wouldn't be surprised to see the raps hang onto him and try to sign him to a cheap contract in the offseason now, then used as a mentor type player for Amir and Davis.

2. Rebounding IS important, and the player likely to miss Reggie the most is Andrea Bargnani. Without Reggie in the lineup, Andrea is going to work much harder on the defensive glass. It'll be interesting to see if that saps his energy and translates to other areas of his game.

Comment

Bargs fights Shaq and Garnett

Did anyone see Bargs knock Shaq flat on his ass or was I dreaming?
                              Did anyone see Garnett complaining about Bargs pushing him around during the toss up the refs had to come and seperate Bargs from pushing Garnett who was mouthing off to the refs
                              that big bad Bargs was playing unfair, while Bargs never said a word but spoke with action.
                              Shaq did not call Bargs a woman like Bosh.

I submit the character of this team has changed for ever.
                              Just because Bargs is a quiet giant people assume he is not tuff enough.
                              Man he gave Shaq and Garnett all they could handle thank you very much, Bargs.
                              They played tuff, ruff, mean, and scared the Celtics so bad they had to bring their A game
                              to make sure they won at all costs.

But did they win, on the score board yes but Bargs took horrible shots that no one could hit
                              he was juiced. So let say Bargs scores his usual the score would have been 115 - for Raps
                              because Peja, Kleiza, The BLUR, Jose, Amir, all shot great.
                              If Baby Davis does not save there 2nd shift, the Raps win easy.

I would like to start a new post for the people who complain about Bargs rebounding.

SHUT UP is my headlines for many a player has been ruined by trying to change what people want them to be Bargs is Bargs he has been reading what we say HELLO he
                              has an ego folks so what happened to the GREATEST 7 FOOT THREE POINT SHOOTER WE HAVE EVER HAD HE WONT SHOOT THE THREE ANYMORE SO NOW THEY SAY HEY WHY WONT YOU SHOOT THE THREE ANYMORE.

Leave him alone all you who do not appreciate what we have.
                              All over the league they are talking about Bargs and how to stop him the other teams
                              set their defences and best players on him.
                              In T O we complain he can not rebound.
                              SHUT UP
                              The experts said Raptors are worst team in the league.
                              Make them eat their words GUYS !!

Comment

elvispelvis wrote: View Post
                                Did anyone see Bargs knock Shaq flat on his ass or was I dreaming?
                                Did anyone see Garnett complaining about Bargs pushing him around during the toss up the refs had to come and seperate Bargs from pushing Garnett who was mouthing off to the refs
                                that big bad Bargs was playing unfair, while Bargs never said a word but spoke with action.
                                Shaq did not call Bargs a woman like Bosh.

I submit the character of this team has changed for ever.
                                Just because Bargs is a quiet giant people assume he is not tuff enough.
                                Man he gave Shaq and Garnett all they could handle thank you very much, Bargs.
                                They played tuff, ruff, mean, and scared the Celtics so bad they had to bring their A game
                                to make sure they won at all costs.

But did they win, on the score board yes but Bargs took horrible shots that no one could hit
                                he was juiced. So let say Bargs scores his usual the score would have been 115 - for Raps
                                because Peja, Kleiza, The BLUR, Jose, Amir, all shot great.
                                If Baby Davis does not save there 2nd shift, the Raps win easy.

I would like to start a new post for the people who complain about Bargs rebounding.

SHUT UP is my headlines for many a player has been ruined by trying to change what people want them to be Bargs is Bargs he has been reading what we say HELLO he
                                has an ego folks so what happened to the GREATEST 7 FOOT THREE POINT SHOOTER WE HAVE EVER HAD HE WONT SHOOT THE THREE ANYMORE SO NOW THEY SAY HEY WHY WONT YOU SHOOT THE THREE ANYMORE.

Leave him alone all you who do not appreciate what we have.
                                All over the league they are talking about Bargs and how to stop him the other teams
                                set their defences and best players on him.
                                In T O we complain he can not rebound.
                                SHUT UP
                                The experts said Raptors are worst team in the league.
                                Make them eat their words GUYS !!
                                A little bit of a rant there but I'll agree Bargnani did not back down which is more than we can say for past Raptors players.

However when Shaq has 16/9, Garnett 26/11, and Davis 18/3 I do not think he is the stud your post makes him out to be (nor the rest of the TOR bigs).

Personally I was impressed with the effort as he did not quit despite a poor shooting night.

Comment

Working...
                                X