When could we 'contend' for Mr. Nash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    So now people want over $20 million invested into the PG spot. That's 35% of the salary cap on two guys who play the same position. Let's think about that.
    i kind of remember when the new CBA was signed, wasnt there a clause in there were a team could lower the cap hit on a player by adding years to his contract... example.. jose is 10mill for 1 season..or he could be 5mill for 2 seasons... if the clause is as described why not just do that with Jose.. hes deff. worth 5mill & that is an ok amount for a backup

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
      i kind of remember when the new CBA was signed, wasnt there a clause in there were a team could lower the cap hit on a player by adding years to his contract... example.. jose is 10mill for 1 season..or he could be 5mill for 2 seasons... if the clause is as described why not just do that with Jose.. hes deff. worth 5mill & that is an ok amount for a backup
      It doesn't work like that.

Any player signed after July 1st, 2011 i.e. after the lockout, can be waived spreading the cap hit out.

Pretending the stretch was permitted on Jose you would cut him and instead of taking a one year $10M cap hit, you'd take a 3 year cap hit of $3.33M each season (double number of season plus 1) for next 3 years.

Remember though, it can't be used on Jose.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        It doesn't work like that.

Any player signed after July 1st, 2011 i.e. after the lockout, can be waived spreading the cap hit out.

Pretending the stretch was permitted on Jose you would cut him and instead of taking a one year $10M cap hit, you'd take a 3 year cap hit of $3.33M each season (double number of season plus 1) for next 3 years.

Remember though, it can't be used on Jose.
        thanks for clearing that up for me.. figured it was too good to be true...LOL jose at 5mill would be sweet though

Comment

thanks for clearing that up for me.. figured it was too good to be true...LOL jose at 5mill would be sweet though
          No problem.

Jose at $5M would be very sweet.

Comment

Jerryd Bayless has tremendous upside i hope he stays. When he gets it rolling he is extremely fun to watch, he's got that fire and killer instinct that i love to see.

Comment

he's functionally retarded
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                i really don't know where the hell you get that from. Listen to him talk, compared to many NBA players he sounds like a genius that has a fucking MBA, Masters degree whatever you name it.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                  I really like the idea ... plus, they'd both be injury protection for each other - so we'd never suffer a huge falloff in talent.
                  -The issue is, having $20M this year devoted to PG's means you better find an upgrade at the SF for pretty cheap.
                  im thinking lamar odom at SF. hes at an all time low and if you offer 2 years 5 mil first year with a player option the second year around 6-7?

he can play SF and brings championship experience. maybe jamal crawford at the 2 and slide derozan to 3? casey did want him to bulk up this summer. again 2 years with a player option. then theres always the draft!

Comment

jpisadummy wrote: View Post
                    im thinking lamar odom at SF. hes at an all time low and if you offer 2 years 5 mil first year with a player option the second year around 6-7?

he can play SF and brings championship experience. maybe jamal crawford at the 2 and slide derozan to 3? casey did want him to bulk up this summer. again 2 years with a player option. then theres always the draft!
                    i meant odom was all time low value wise, and i think he just had an off year and it screwed with his head. Hopefully if you get him in good shape he'll have a breakout year. Im sure if we signed nash, it would intice him to sign on.

Comment

jpisadummy wrote: View Post
                      i meant odom was all time low value wise, and i think he just had an off year and it screwed with his head. Hopefully if you get him in good shape he'll have a breakout year. Im sure if we signed nash, it would intice him to sign on.
                      i think Odom recently came out & said hes not playing at all next season because he has severe problems with alcoholism & depression..
                      i wouldnt take him even at a vet min. at this point.

Comment

i think Odom recently came out & said hes not playing at all next season because he has severe problems with alcoholism & depression..
                        did not know that...wow def not a good year for the guy.

Comment

The devastating effects of the Kardashians. ***

Dude took it hard that the Lakers preferred Chris Paul over him and Gasol. Who is his agent?
                          “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                            If there is anyone on the Raptors who merits that distinction, it has to be Ed Davis.

The man cannot do anything with his right hand.

Although I give him some credit. He is skilled with his left ... just lacks balance, big time. It's two complete opposite players when he switches hands.
                            “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Dondadda, I think that it's Oden that said those things, not Odom... And that's not why he won't play, that's because he wants to get back to 100% in 2013.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                                Dondadda, I think that it's Oden that said those things, not Odom... And that's not why he won't play, that's because he wants to get back to 100% in 2013.
                                Not sure how reliable the source is, but it does appear that we're talking about Lamar Odom (not Greg Oden).

http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2012/04...body-language/

Comment

Working...
                                X