Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors vs Timberwolves: Which ROSTER Is Better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sorry but Wolve's squad is build with players who are either losers, underachievers or unknowns and I just don't see them having a better record then the Raptors.

Comment

vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
      they own his rights. in the title of the thread i didnt say starting line-up i said roster.
      Umm, he is not on their roster.

The Timberwolves are complete shit

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
        I am sorry but Wolve's squad is build with players who are either losers, underachievers or unknowns and I just don't see them having a better record then the Raptors.
        The Raps are built on underachievers and unkowns. Amir Johnson, Sonny Weems, Julian Wright, last years version Leandro Barbosa, Rasho Nesterovic at one time, Jose Calderon at one time. Shall I go on?

Comment

vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
          they own his rights. in the title of the thread i didnt say starting line-up i said roster.
          owning somebody's rights and being on the roster are COMPLETELY different things

the roster is the roll call of players available to play

if you're not under contract, you're not available.

for example, Delfino was not on our roster the year he was in Russia.

Comment

I'd much rather have the Raps roster (although Wesley could be good) - The difference will be 5 games either way of 30 wins this year for both teams... hopefully we do better than them but turn around in the lottery and get a higher pick than them lol...

P.S. Kevin Love is never going to be rotation player on a contender - he's like Kapono in that he does 1 thing very well and everything else poorly... (don't dare say offense - he averaged 14ppg shooting 45%).
            When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

There is no way the T-Wolves are going to be better then the Raps! The Wolves just have a crapshoot of players. With the exception of Love, who else is a proven player? The Raps might not be a winner this year (make the playoffs), but we are by far, way better constructed then the Wolves. I really, really like what BC has done this offseason. He's made subtle, but huge moves. Barbosa and Kleiza are great additions. Are we really going to be that much worse of a team then last year? I think were going to be a better defensive team minus Bosh, and I think the points we lose from him will easily be covered.

Comment

I'm not saying we'll be better or worse than the Timberwolves, but can we not use the same line for the Raptors?

With the exception of ______, who else is a proven player?

To be honest, I don't know who on our team you can put in that blank space.
                your pal,
                ebrian

Comment

ok so what's the word for players whose rights the timberwolves own compared to players whose rights the raps own ?

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                    owning somebody's rights and being on the roster are COMPLETELY different things

the roster is the roll call of players available to play

if you're not under contract, you're not available.

for example, Delfino was not on our roster the year he was in Russia.
                    yea ok, but the player's rights belong to the team... minny could trade him if they wanted to right ?

so what's the word for the entire roster plus all the players whose rights they own ?

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                      I'm not saying we'll be better or worse than the Timberwolves, but can we not use the same line for the Raptors?

With the exception of ______, who else is a proven player?

To be honest, I don't know who on our team you can put in that blank space.
                      Calderon, Jack, Barbosa, Kleiza, Weems, Bargs, Amir. These guys have all proven they can play.

Comment

id say raptors by a few wins. too much emphasis on potential with minny and wether rubio will actually show up...with the raps we at least know who can play and around 30 wins seems about right.

Comment

johnp wrote: View Post
                          Actually if you watch the video, Bargs was guarding him on two plays. The player who was guarding him was a number 15.
                          vinnie_paz you're in Buddah territory now...everyone is better than Bargnani!!
                          Italy won the game by one point in a do or die match 72-71
                          Bargs totals 34 pts, on 8 of 13 shooting, 4 of 5 from the three, 6 of 8 from the FT line, 4 boards, 2 blocks and 1 TO
                          Pecovic's totals 18 pts, on 5 of 10 shooting, 8 of 13 from the FT line, 5 boards, 1 block and 4 ( That's FOUR) Turn overs.

You guys will try anything to prove why Bargnani stinks and you wonder why you piss people off and you have no credibility.

Comment

Pizzaman wrote: View Post
                            vinnie_paz you're in Buddah territory now...everyone is better than Bargnani!!
                            Italy won the game by one point in a do or die match 72-71
                            Bargs totals 34 pts, on 8 of 13 shooting, 4 of 5 from the three, 6 of 8 from the FT line, 4 boards, 2 blocks and 1 TO
                            Pecovic's totals 18 pts, on 5 of 10 shooting, 8 of 13 from the FT line, 5 boards, 1 block and 4 ( That's FOUR) Turn overs.

You guys will try anything to prove why Bargnani stinks and you wonder why you piss people off and you have no credibility.
                            Round of applause!

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                              Calderon, Jack, Barbosa, Kleiza, Weems, Bargs, Amir. These guys have all proven they can play.
                              I question your meaning of "they can play". Surely, if I was on the Raptors roster, you could add me to this list of guys who can play basketball. We might even be able to add your name as well, if you were on the team.

I thought it meant players who play well. As in, well rounded, defensively, offensively, and consistently. Of your list, that basically eliminates everyone but Jack. And let's face it, Jack is a backup point guard.
                              your pal,
                              ebrian

Comment

ebrian I don't see you in the NBA! TYou think it's easy to make the NBA and get million dollar contracts for being a piece of shit?
                                Give me a break. Evry one of those guys is a good basketball player; perhaps you think the league should only be made up of superstars, in which case there would be no league.

Comment

Working...
                                X