Hedo's Got To Go.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hedo's Got To Go.

42 games into the season you'd think Turk would have found where he fits on this team by now.
    He said that he needs the ball in his hands more to be affective, but he makes more bone head plays then anyone else on the team. He takes bad shots on a consistent basis. He's the worst defender on the team and makes zero hustle plays.
    What ever you can get for him at this point is better than having on the team. He just doesn't fit.
    Turk single handedly lost the Cavs game. Taking stupid fouls, all And 1's. He let his guy fly by and didn't play help D at all. His fourtee is supposed to be ball handling, play making and clutch baskets. They gave him the ball late in the fourth and he forced three bad shots, turned it over, and passed it to guys in akward spots with no time on the shot clock.
    Wright was playing fine all game, so was Derozan. Why weren't they in there at the end?
    Yes
    80.00%
    No
    20.00%
    Last edited by Hellgate; Wed Jan 20, 2010, 01:23 AM.

Nobody's doubting that he hasn't fit in but I'd say he's one of the hardest players in the entire league to trade right now. Unless some team (maaaaybe Portland or Orlando) is willing to swallow the contract for the hope that he returns to 2009 NBA Playoff form, it's not going to happen. He conned BC, just like Kapono did.

Comment

The whole team singlehandedly lost the game because when the going gets though; The Raptors run away with their tails between their legs. Missed FT's, missed wide open looks,etc etc etc.

Hedon't is as useless as a rock and needs to go, but this game wasn't only his fault.
      Last edited by nubreed000; Wed Jan 20, 2010, 02:26 AM.

Comment

I agree with Hellgate. This loss is squarely on Hedo.

Prime example - down 1 with about 3 mins to go, they run the pick and roll to iso bosh on shaq for an easy score. EXCEPT hedo decides the better play is to force it to jose, who is jammed in the corner by west. with nowhere to go, the play dies, leading to a quick 2 pts on the break, then 5 more as the raps scramble to recover. And the game's over.

he doesn't play within the offence - every pass is a skip pass to someone not expecting it (or, more often, out of bounds).

I still think he can come around and be big this spring, but my question is, why in god's name is he out late in the game when his night thus far has been beyond horrible?

Comment

Ya, last night's game was one of Hedo's worst. 3 pts, 3 ast, 3 reb 1-6 FG. He picked up a tech for clapping at the ref after the got the offensive foul against Parker. He was clearly very frustrated and shouldn't have been on the floor at the end of the game when they needed points and a level head.

Comment

Big silent wrote: View Post
            I still think he can come around and be big this spring, but my question is, why in god's name is he out late in the game when his night thus far has been beyond horrible?
            Because triano is a horrible coach. This is also why Calderon was out there providing absolutely nothing and Jack was on the bench.

Seriously, this game is far from being Hedo's fault. Stop looking for 1 person to blame. The whole team screwed up big time while the Cavs were handing the game to them. No excuse to lose a game like that other than sheer incompetence and, once again, lack of mental toughness.

Comment

It looked like he didn't even wanna be in the game from the get-go. Those two fouls in the first minute plus were weak. I think he wanted to spend the game on the bench so he didn't have to cover LeBron. It's sad to say, but I'm glad we had Wright in there for half the game, at least he was trying.

As much as I want Hedo to stay here and succeed with this team, a couple more performances like last night and I get get rid of him.

Comment

i will start by saying Hedo is one of the most overrated players in the NBA .. that being said i will have to agree with nubreed000 .. why was Jarrett on the bench when Jose was on the court doing absolutely nothing .. and i mean NOTHING ! this is the reason i've given Triano 2/10 so far this season
                ~ Court Surfing ~

Comment

This game shows the relative depth on the team. With all of the foibles and missed open Js the game was still within reach with under a minute to go. For myself, under these circumstances the coaching becomes a v. important factor in the outcome...change of personnel, types of plays (offense and defense), timeout/time-management and yes, even referee conning/schmoozing (all the good ones do it). Did we get it last night?

Comment

Take it all in fellas because as Arse already mentioned, his atrocious contract considering the way he's played this season makes him damn near impossible to trade.

We can only hope and pray that he finds his way eventually and becomes the player we've seen him be over the last couple years.

Comment

Trade Hedo ASAP

unfortunately - I don't think Colangelo will admit is mistake and ship Hedo off. As already mentioned earlier in this thread, I also don't think there would be many takers for Hedo. But if we can move him - how about Hedo for Corey Magette. Both make about $9 mil, Golden State gets someone to feed Ellis and Curry, and Raps get someone who takes the ball to the hoop with authority. Of course we have to live with Magette being a bit of a black hole - and not a great defensive player - but better than Hedo.

Comment

BC didn't make a mistake - You don't toss someone under the bus and drive over them because they've had a few bad games.

Hedo's had a bit of a rough start to 2010 & he got hit with a couple of marginal calls on LeBron (Who was getting everything called his way) in Cleveland.

But except for back-to-backs this season, where he is 9.7 pts, 2.9 rbs, 3 asts, Hedo's play has been okay! And recently it was revealed that Hedo has a sore back - mystery of bad games on no rest solved!

At 13, 4.5, 4.5 Hedo's game has NOT been the disaster that's being described.
                        The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

brothersteve wrote: View Post
                          Hedo's had a bit of a rough start to 2010.
                          The curse of the pizza pizza commercial!

Comment

I was never a huge supporter of bringing Hedo here in the first place-at least not at $10+ mil a season. As bad as that contract looks now, how bad is it gonna look in 3, 4 years. Ughh I don't even wanna think about it. He has definitely been a disappointment thus far. He's had the rep for being a lazy defender for years and at times this season he just seems disinterested. Not to mention he's looked completely out of shape. Like it's been mentioned earlier, it will be very tough to move him.

That being said last nights game should not fall on his shoulders. If anything Triano should take the blame. He should've substituted Jack for Caldy in the 4th, he didn't call the right plays, bad subs (didn't keep guys who were playing well in the game when it counted) etc.

Comment

Colangelo doesn't make panicked decisions. He will give Hedo ample time to gel and if that doesn't work he will probably make some specific depth chart changes to see if that works before trying to ship off the guy he just gave $50M. I'm thinking Hedo is here until at least the 2011 trade deadline. If they trade him now, really, what's his value? Not happening.

Comment

Working...
                              X