No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big, plodding euro centers tend to have their best years in their late 20s and well into their 30s. When jv is that age, Kyle will be retired and derozan will be regressing. Food for thought, for those interested in long sustained success. I'm glad Ujiri doesn't make franchise altering moves because of hiccups in December.

I'm not saying don't trade him, But as Axel said don't lose a deal just cause you don't think he fits the current mold or because you have fond memories of Bismack blocks bron Bron. This isn't nba 2k. You can't change your mind a week later.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Big, plodding euro centers tend to have their best years in their late 20s and well into their 30s. When jv is that age, Kyle will be retired and derozan will be regressing. Food for thought, for those interested in long sustained success. I'm glad Ujiri doesn't make franchise altering moves because of hiccups in December.

I'm not saying don't trade him, But as Axel said don't lose a deal just cause you don't think he fits the current mold or because you have fond memories of Bismack blocks bron Bron. This isn't nba 2k. You can't change your mind a week later.
      We'll see. Something will happen in the offseason imo. Something big.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        We'll see. Something will happen in the offseason imo. Something big.
        Forsure. 3 centers that will need playing time, 3 shooting guards that need playing time, depending on Delon 3 point guards that will need playing time, 2 more first round picks...somethings gotta give

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
          I admit I was one of those people who said Demar would do well in a sixth man role. I didn't say he won't be a star, just that his game (volume scorer, average defense) would do well as sixth man.

...Boy did he prove me wrong
          Me too. And I was also wrong. But it was more to do with his selfishness than his ability. He's elite at taking it to the rack and getting to the line. He's become an elite mid range player and an elite ball handler for a 2. He's clearly an all star calibre starting 2. I would concede that suggesting anything else is haterism. But saying he needs to improve on D is not being a hater. Pointing out he is limited from 3, or that he could improve his shot selection is also not being a hater. He has improved his shot selection this year, but reverted a bit the last few games. He needs to trust ball movement. If he could improve on D, it would make our team better and him a better player and probably a top 15-20 player in the league... like KL instead of a top 50 player (according to some).

Comment

I just don't understand some of you. DeRozan hater, JV hater. We should be "one team". Fuck DD, fuck JV if we can't win, you know what I mean? It's about the Raptors, about Toronto Raptors. Honestly, I don't give a fuck about any of these players. I'm not 8 year kid anymore. It's about winning. If Masai thinks we can improve this team via trade. Let's do this.
            Agreed. That's why as much as I like JV, if Masai can significantly improve the team by moving him (and perhaps a pick or two) I'd be in to it.

Comment

• Apparently we're going paperless. Saving trees and shit and stuff, yo.

Comment

• 5 mins to go in the first half

Comment

5 mins to go in the first half

Ok Clips just went on a 13-1 run

EDIT: Lol that escalated quickly. Clips down by 11 now. It only took few mins.
                  Last edited by rocwell; Fri Dec 30, 2016, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• The Rockets are the 2nd best team in the WC. They are the biggest threat to the Warriors IMO.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      The Rockets are the 2nd best team in the WC. They are the biggest threat to the Warriors IMO.
                      I hated Rockets w/ Howard on their roster. They're looking nice now tho!

Comment

The Rockets are the 2nd best team in the WC. They are the biggest threat to the Warriors IMO.
                        There is no threat to the warriors in the west

Comment

Warriors will sweep the Rockets.
                          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Apparently we're going paperless. Saving trees and shit and stuff, yo.

Rudy Gay would be proud; dude was ahead of his time, trying to save box-score paper all those years ago. We did it man, we did it.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                              Those are elite players. This whole 6th man narrative... taken as fact now. I'm worried if we don't trade JV we'll end up in playoff series where Demar is matched up against a great defender and our offence grinds to a hault, because our guard oriented offence doesn't work against some quality opposition, and then we wish we would have developed JV a little in the post to have developed some post passers and some understanding how to feed the post and to have another option. We expect JV to just be instant offence when nothing else works. And the post passing often is terribke. And if not for JV, we don't get past Indiana, where Demar was absolutely dominated and Lowry wasn't his usual self.
                              People want a nice, clean narrative to describe a team by and with KL/DD/JV the Raptors are not pace-and-space, they aren't mobile + rangey, they aren't grit + grind, people don't know what to call a team that doesn't get assists but manages a league best ORTG, a team with two dominant guards that's been developing a young post big. In spite of not knowing how to put this team in a descriptive box in a single sentence, the Raptors are winning A LOT of basketball games, more than this franchise ever has and more than most pundits predict for them each and every year.

Casey + DeMar have been defying our expectations + league trends every year with greater and greater effectiveness, there's far too much certainty by some here about what will and won't work with JV moving forward.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Game #33: Toronto Raptors 123 - Los Angeles Lakers 114

New Years Day. 6:30 pm Pacific Time.

Probable Starters:

Raptors
                                C - Valanciunas
                                PF - Siakam
                                SF - Carroll
                                SG - DeRozan
                                PG - Lowry

Lakers
                                C - Mozgov
                                PF - Randle
                                SF - Deng
                                SG - Young
                                PG - Russell

Keys to winning this game is pretty simple. You stop Lou Williams and the Lakers bench, you stop the Lakers. This is also a pretty good matchup for JV. So I expect him to have a good game.

In my opinion - They should sit Patterson for this game. There's no reason for him to play this game even if he's "healthy"
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X