Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #38: Boston Celtics 106 - Toronto Raptors 114

Your Toronto Raptors will look to rebound after what has been a nightmare stretch since Christmas, with positive displays few and far between. They will be in tough against a surging Celtics team that has won four straight and are just one game behind the Raps.

PROJECTED STARTERS

Can the Raps find their groove on defense? What the heck is happening at PF? Can they get a big win against a close rival? Find out all this and more, next time on Toronto Raptors basketball!

LET'S GO RAPS!!!
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Everything is on the line tonight. MUST WIN

Comment

• The spy who loved us! Thank you Double 0. You're the hero we need now
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Save us Bond!

Comment

• If Patterson doesn't start this game, he never will. Siakam is clearly out of the rotation. Casey just abandoned the double big starting lineup with BeBe last game. You don't want to run Carroll at the 4 too much. We've now started Siakam, Carroll and BeBe at the 4. Just try it until Sully gets back, what do we have to lose?
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              If Patterson doesn't start this game, he never will. Siakam is clearly out of the rotation. Casey just abandoned the double big starting lineup with BeBe last game. You don't want to run Carroll at the 4 too much. We've now started Siakam, Carroll and BeBe at the 4. Just try it until Sully gets back, what do we have to lose?
              what a joke that we're relying on jared fucking sullinger's return to complete our starting lineup, and still holding aspirations (delusions) of contending.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                what a joke that we're relying on jared fucking sullinger's return to complete our starting lineup, and still holding aspirations (delusions) of contending.
                The upside is, it's a slightly less funny joke than last year when we held those delusions with Scola in Sully's place. So, baby steps.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The upside is, it's a slightly less funny joke than last year when we held those delusions with Scola in Sully's place. So, baby steps.
                  well sure but at least Scola was actually able to play.

If Masai doesn't manage to address the 4 spot this year (including offseason) then i'll be massively questioning him. I'll give him a bit of a pass at the moment since it seems like he went for multiple options that just didn't pan out last summer, but at some point results matter. we can't just be "the depth team", because our starting 5 is broken to hell.

Comment

That's some pretty generous usage of the word "play."

If Masai doesn't manage to address the 4 spot this year (including offseason) then i'll be massively questioning him. I'll give him a bit of a pass at the moment since it seems like he went for multiple options that just didn't pan out last summer, but at some point results matter. we can't just be "the depth team", because our starting 5 is broken to hell.
                    Ehh, I'd like an upgrade, but this team would be better if they'd just start the right guy. If they don't make a trade I expect them to sign Pat in the summer and make a public showing that he'll be the starter from now on. Not many avenues to add talent anyway, and they'll probably look to shed some salary to reduce tax costs, so I doubt there is help coming unless they pull off a big deal for a major upgrade. There won't likely be a Sully or Scola next year, so all we have to hope is they don't repeat the Siakam mistake.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Starting Patterson isn't enough to make us a contender. He already plays the bulk of the minutes. Makes no difference whatsoever when it comes to our ceiling.

It's not fucking good enough from Masai. Make a move and improve the team. Can't just keep resting on our laurels hoping that nobody else improves to usurp us from our ceiling of ECF blowout to Cleveland.

Comment

Ehh, I'd like an upgrade, but this team would be better if they'd just start the right guy. If they don't make a trade I expect them to sign Pat in the summer and make a public showing that he'll be the starter from now on. .
                        Edit: Lupe beat me to it.

Doing nothing and making a public showing this summer would just be kabuki.

Comment

Because Kanter is one of the worst defenders in the NBA?
                          In before "So is JV"

Comment

Because Kanter is one of the worst defenders in the NBA?
                            The difference between Kanter and JV defensively isn't significant at all. You keep saying it is but haven't really presented any evidence to show otherwise.

Comment

Masai should be focusing on the fixing the 3 spot first. Carroll isn't good and there is no real backup SF.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                                Masai should be focusing on the fixing the 3 spot first. Carroll isn't good and there is no real backup SF.
                                Their MAIN priority should be finding a 3rd star. Second should be finding a rim protector. They had an ELITE rim protector last year but they just let him walk away smh.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X