Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celtics - Clippers deal just died

Well,

Looks like Celtics soon will be in the bottom of the east.

I was kind of hoping that the deal would go through. I don't think it would have helped them rebuild quickly. It would have put them in tank-mode for 2 years, and I think vastly increase the chances that they'd trade Rondo (if they had snagged Bledsoe since initial rumours threw his name around). Still watching that Boston situation....It was pretty obvious this season that this current team has no future. Rondo is a great player, but can you rebuild with him there? Nothing else they have is a piece that really "wows" you. And will they have enough assets/flexibility to build with? I really see the complete blow-up as a real option. Trade KG and Rondo for young pieces and draft picks. Trade Pierce or waive him for the savings. Doc steps out of the picture. And good God, if Del Negro takes over, you know the tank is a strong option.

Comment

If i'm the Celtics i'd trade everyone on that team even Rondo. Tank next season and draft Wiggins or Parker.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Of course Ainge still wants him as coach. Doc is a great chip.

Comment

annnnd now its alive again. Plus the clippers are looking to do an afflalo-Bledsoe trade. They will be stacked if they get both deals done

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
            annnnd now its alive again. Plus the clippers are looking to do an afflalo-Bledsoe trade. They will be stacked if they get both deals done

Things can change quickly when your team's superstar [free agent] asks something before July 1.

Comment

Stern says that deal is dead because of CBA, but clippers still looking ways how to satisfy NBA.

that's getting crazy!

Comment

Do you think NBA will approve this deal?

Comment

The NBA apparently still says that a separate deal done re KG is not permissible and obviously considers it connected to Rivers. I dont understand how that can be so unless the nba does not want a rash of coach-player combo transactions to start occurring. CP is running this deal it would seem.

Comment

Let's throw in Bargs and we'll get DeAndre lol jk

Comment

I never knew coaches could be traded.

Comment

It's done. Garnett is probably pissed off.
                        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                          It's done. Garnett is probably pissed off.
                          heh. So many coaching changes this year

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                            I never knew coaches could be traded.
                            He wasn't actually traded, his signing rights were traded. But I agree, I never knew either.
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

There is just about no chance for garnett to go to the clippers now on a straight up trade.

It will be interesting to see what the Celtics do

Comment

Working...
                              X