OFFICIAL: Landry Fields is a Toronto Raptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random thought:

Did anyone consider that PHX might have liked Fields and Shumpert better than what Toronto could have offered?

Maybe PHX said, "Steve, go to the East and how about the Knicks? We really like what we could get in a S&T?"

Nash thought, "Well, I could go to Toronto and easily get the money I want but they are going to have to renounce all their exceptions and cap holds to do it. That would give much less flexibility to the roster."

Maybe Steve picked up the phone and called Colangelo, "Yo Bryco. What happenin' dawg? Listen Suns want Fields from Knicks in S&T. They don't want to deal with you. What are we going to do?"

BryCo says, "F*ck that shizz-nizzle." Makes offer to Fields.

Ball now in PHX court: you can get some young assets and established PG from Toronto (ED, JJ, Forbes, Calderon) or big TPE..... or NOTHING.

Not saying this is how things are playing out but it has as much validity as all the other rumours and whispers.

Comment

• mcsemcp73 wrote: View Post
      Landry was a good pick over JJ or LK but at 20m little scary Price tag 5.5m per annum

I m so happy my first post
      welcome aboard

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Random thought:

Did anyone consider that PHX might have liked Fields and Shumpert better than what Toronto could have offered?

Maybe PHX said, "Steve, go to the East and how about the Knicks? We really like what we could get in a S&T?"

Nash thought, "Well, I could go to Toronto and easily get the money I want but they are going to have to renounce all their exceptions and cap holds to do it. That would give much less flexibility to the roster."

Maybe Steve picked up the phone and called Colangelo, "Yo Bryco. What happenin' dawg? Listen Suns want Fields from Knicks in S&T. They don't want to deal with you. What are we going to do?"

Ball now in PHX court: you can get some young assets and established PG from Toronto (ED, JJ, Forbes, Calderon) or big TPE..... or NOTHING.

Not saying this is how things are playing out but it has as much validity as all the other rumours and whispers.
        and then Nash goes back to the knicks with an innocent face asking if they can still do a sign and trade even though he knows they can't....I think we're on to something! however this goes down, the fallout should be interesting

Comment

Random thought:

The only thing that scares me is that at the end of the day, what Phoenix gets in a S&T really shouldn't matter, at least not as much as where Steve Nash actually wants to play. If Nash badly wants to play in Toronto, the fact that Phoenix prefers the S&T haul they can get from a different team shouldn't even come into play.

Nash should be telling Phoenix "I want to play in Toronto. Work a S&T with them, or I can just sign with them outright."

Then, Phoenix gets on the phone with BC and says "Lets make a deal."

Then, BC says "Calderon would make a great mentor for Marshall, or you can have hometown boy Bayless, who is anther PG who comes much cheaper. Can I also interest you in James Johnson, Gary Forbes or possibly our 2nd round pick next year?"

---

I understand Nash being a man of his word and fielding offers from all interested parties, but ultimately he should just decide where he wants to play first, regardless of what any trade offers are comprised of...

Comment

Random thought:

more likely... BC awoke to read the morning coffee & spit his moning java all over the screen when he realized the Knicks were stealing his sweetheart LOL feeling like a jilted ex lover BC signs Fields to offer sheet to basicly say go fuck yourself to Grunwald..
            now it seems still likely that Nash signs in T.O but with every passing hour with no agreement its looking more & more likley that Nash goes elsewere..supposedly the Knicks are still talking to Phx about the S&T with shumpert instead of Fields
            Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Wed Jul 4, 2012, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• the aristocrats

Comment

Random thought:

I believe BC has a good relationship with Babby (gm in phx)....they did the Hedo/Barbosa deal. I think the ball is entirely in Nash's hands (the court pun would do to) with the assets going back incidental since Nash can just walk. I would just take Jose and call it a day without taking on any more salary...only because he could really help them transition at the pg position. I cant see this dragging beyond today unless BC & Nash have an understanding. In the absence of this BC has to think he is being played and could pull the offer.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  The only thing that scares me is that at the end of the day, what Phoenix gets in a S&T really shouldn't matter, at least not as much as where Steve Nash actually wants to play. If Nash badly wants to play in Toronto, the fact that Phoenix prefers the S&T haul they can get from a different team shouldn't even come into play.

Nash should be telling Phoenix "I want to play in Toronto. Work a S&T with them, or I can just sign with them outright."

Then, Phoenix gets on the phone with BC and says "Lets make a deal."

Then, BC says "Calderon would make a great mentor for Marshall, or you can have hometown boy Bayless, who is anther PG who comes much cheaper. Can I also interest you in James Johnson, Gary Forbes or possibly our 2nd round pick next year?"

---

I understand Nash being a man of his word and fielding offers from all interested parties, but ultimately he should just decide where he wants to play first, regardless of what any trade offers are comprised of...
                  What PHX gets in a S&T matters to PHX and if Nash is trying to get to a team that does not have to throw away serious assets to give him the most money, then what PHX gets also matters to him I think.

You are correct though: one has to wonder about Nash's desire to play in Toronto.

Him looking to join the Knicks flies in the face of everything he has said publicly though. He is entitled to a change of heart and sign where ever he chooses as he is an UFA, however, from what I know of Nash (albeit only through media as I do not know the guy personally nor claim to have a link to his personal thoughts), I would be surprised if he really only starting thinking about all this on July 1st.

Comment

• at this point if Nash chooses the Knicks,lakers,mavs.. i hope he applies for US citizenship aswell LOL

Comment

• If he goes to either the Heat or the Lakers...I'd hate to be him on his first ACC visit
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

What PHX gets in a S&T matters to PHX and if Nash is trying to get to a team that does not have to throw away serious assets to give him the most money, then what PHX gets also matters to him I think.

You are correct though: one has to wonder about Nash's desire to play in Toronto.

Him looking to join the Knicks flies in the face of everything he has said publicly though. He is entitled to a change of heart and sign where ever he chooses as he is an UFA, however, from what I know of Nash (albeit only through media as I do not know the guy personally nor claim to have a link to his personal thoughts), I would be surprised if he really only starting thinking about all this on July 1st.
                        That's just it, you'd think he already knew in his heart where he wanted to play. The rest is just being true to his word, both to other franchises and to Phoenix.

Although it matters to Phoenix what they receive in S&T, all the power rests with Nash, since he doesn't need to do a S&T at all. If he wants to come to Toronto and Phoenix is holding up the deal because they're not happy with the S&T deal that BC is offering, Nash has the power to decide just to sign with Toronto as an UFA. The way everything appears to be playing out makes me fear that Toronto isn't his first choice, unfortunately.

Comment

That's just it, you'd think he already knew in his heart where he wanted to play. The rest is just being true to his word, both to other franchises and to Phoenix.

Although it matters to Phoenix what they receive in S&T, all the power rests with Nash, since he doesn't need to do a S&T at all. If he wants to come to Toronto and Phoenix is holding up the deal because they're not happy with the S&T deal that BC is offering, Nash has the power to decide just to sign with Toronto as an UFA. The way everything appears to be playing out makes me fear that Toronto isn't his first choice, unfortunately.
                          One thing to also consider is that players talk.. and they probably talk all the time. Guys like Amare and Carmelo have probably pitched NY to him all season long. Toronto has nobody on their roster that Nash would even listen to. So the only chance Toronto really had to offer a pitch was July 1st. Steve is probably considering all his choices and NY may have been his #1 choice prior to July 1.. if I was him, I'd want to listen to that offer before I made a decision.

I just hope that Toronto's pitch was rock solid.

Comment

But what if Nash and BC/Toronto are banking on a S&T being executed with PHX so they don't have to lose assets and Toronto can field the most competitive team possible? PHX might be refusing to S&T with Toronto to get more assets from them.

If Nash was serious about the money and seeking market value, the Knicks can still only offer $8M I believe.

I'm still very skeptical of all these NY 'sources' and really do hope Nash makes a decision in the next day or two. Most of these NY writers operate under NY and the Knicks is the greatest place in the world and anyone would wan to play there. Unfortunately a slew of top FA's in 2010 showed that to be false.

Comment

Please do not subject other RR members to your ongoing quest for supremacy.
                              Again, more BS. Stop trying to make me seem like the villain here.

If you're trying admit you're wrong and that you'd no longer like to continue, that's fine; I respect that decision. Otherwise, if you want, we can continue this discussion. Conversations don't stop just because one person is wrong.

I have tried to keep things civil but your irreverent attitude is making it difficult than it should be. You know what I'm talking about here.

Comment

• Prime wrote: View Post
                                Again, more BS. Stop trying to make me seem like the villain here.

If you're trying admit you're wrong and that you'd no longer like to continue, that's fine; I respect that decision. Otherwise, if you want, we can continue this discussion. Conversations don't stop just because one person is wrong.

I have tried to keep things civil but your irreverent attitude is making it difficult than it should be. You know what I'm talking about here.
                                OK, who slept with who's girlfriend/wife here? You guys should just ignore one another and keep your sanity.

Comment

Working...
                                X