Celtics Re-Sign Pierce For $61M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celtics Re-Sign Pierce For $61M

You ain't cool unless you opt out these days.

Add another one to the bunch with Pierce.

Just filed to ESPN.com: Celtics' Paul Pierce is opting out, too. Has notified Celts he'll become unrestricted free agent. Link forthcoming
    Source - Click here

It's 2010 and a man's gotta maximize his income earning potential.

Don't blame the player, blame the global economy.

RR OG

Comment

This is getting ridiculous, loyalty is pretty much a thing of the past in the NBA.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
        This is getting ridiculous, loyalty is pretty much a thing of the past in the NBA.
        He'd be stupid not to, just to have his contract expire next year and get stuck with who knows what the new CBA will bring.

Comment

BC should try to get Mr.Pierce. As much as I dislike him, he is a guy that could really help our young players develop into good defenders and act as a second coach. I don't think he'd ever sign with us, but it would be great if he did.
          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
            BC should try to get Mr.Pierce. As much as I dislike him, he is a guy that could really help our young players develop into good defenders and act as a second coach. I don't think he'd ever sign with us, but it would be great if he did.
            hahaha good luck with that.

Comment

I'm sure Pierce doesn't want to leave the Celtics and this is all a leverage move.

One could argue that if the the Celtics were loyal they'd of already had Pierce locked into an extension by now so that he ends his career as a Celt.

Comment

Celtics blink first

The Celtics have reached an agreement with captain Paul Pierce to keep him in Boston, according to sources.

The new contract is said to be four years and $61M in length, with only three of the seasons fully guaranteed.

Pierce opted out of the final year of his contract earlier this week. He was set to make $21.5 million in 2010-11.

The financial figures of the deal are not yet available, but he is expected to make significantly less than the $21.5 million he was going to make.
                Source: Real GM

Comment

How much does Pierce has left in the tank?!

Comment

How much does Pierce has left in the tank?!
                    apperantly a lot with the money he's getting ! Dammmnnnn !
                    "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

I can't believe his agent is even trying to spin this like Pierce opted out to give Boston more cap space to fill out their roster. Jesus, so guaranteeing himself another ~45m after this upcoming season was secondary to helping the Celtics free up ~$6m this year? Give me a break.

I think since that report Apollo quoted, his fourth year has become a guaranteed year. We'll see, I guess. But everyone thinking Pierce is such a great guy for "helping the team out" and "making sure he retires a Celtic" is delusional.

Comment

Working...
                      X