No announcement yet.

Top 3 pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't put it past David Stern to give us a top three pick this year. I wouldn't even know what to do with it as we're in "8th seed mode" next year, and having a rookie big in the rotation would not serve that purpose well. BC would probably trade the pick or something.

Comment

I know one thing. I rather have a top 10 pick on a weak draft like this than Kyle Lowry.

Players that i would target if the Raps somehow get a top 3 pick.

1. Smart
      2. Bennett
      3. Oladipo
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Tank Watch! 2013 Edition.

Comment

Marcus Smart ... or trade down for Olynyk and dumping some salary
          The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            I agree with the people who want to package it with Bargs (ideally). I don't see the wings at the top as obvious franchise talents. If the team gets a top 3 pick, it may be the best asset to help turn a Bargs trade into a good one for the team.

I wouldn't be wholly opposed to getting Noel, because I do think he'll be able to play PF in the NBA, and it would give us a scary trio on the boards and D with him, JV and Amir...of course, that would likely mean winning the lottery....and also, just to throw it out there, even if they won the lottery it might still be a good idea to trade the pick with Bargs.

So basically, if we got these picks...
            1. Draft Noel and probably keep
            2/3. If Noel is taken 1st, draft a wing(probably) and trade with Bargs. Of course, if there's a deal in place before the draft, it's draft whoever the other team wants.
            I also agree he could be a PF. His extremely quick for 6'11". He actually remind me of a taller Amir. I actually think that this injury could be a blessing in disguise. He could spend most of the time in the wait room working on his upper body. With him being sidelined it takes away the pressure of playing the number 1 pick.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
              I know one thing. I rather have a top 10 pick on a weak draft like this than Kyle Lowry.

Players that i would target if the Raps somehow get a top 3 pick.

1. Smart
              2. Bennett
              3. Oladipo
              Your on your own on the Lowry thing. Lowry at this point he is still worth the trade. I could definitely see Bryan picking Smart. His seems like a bigger Lowry actually.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                I wouldn't put it past David Stern to give us a top three pick this year. I wouldn't even know what to do with it as we're in "8th seed mode" next year, and having a rookie big in the rotation would not serve that purpose well. BC would probably trade the pick or something.
                Exactly what I thought. Stern is an ass like that. About the rotation I agree with you on that. That's why I think he would take Noel. With his injury their would be an excuse for him not to play. He wouldn't be at least fully healthy till February. Even than I would hope he would be smart about it like Rose is. It kind of be like the Jonas situation. Wait a year for him.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Colangelo btw i believe is in Greece scouting a 6'10 PG named Giannis Adetokoubo. Right now he's projected to go late in the 1st round. But i guarantee he'll be top 5-10 pick this summer. He's another name to keep an eye on.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

Oladipo is interesting because of his relentless defense and motor but i'm not sure there's another player in the draft that's more useless than him offensively. he's not going to be able to drive the lane like he does in the pros.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

1. BEN MCLEMORE
                      2. Nerlens Noel
                      3. Anthony Bennett
                      Check out Mclemores Mix tapes/ highlights... he's an explosive SG with a great 3pt shot( shooting 46% from 3)

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Exactly what I thought. Stern is an ass like that. About the rotation I agree with you on that. That's why I think he would take Noel. With his injury their would be an excuse for him not to play. He wouldn't be at least fully healthy till February. Even than I would hope he would be smart about it like Rose is. It kind of be like the Jonas situation. Wait a year for him.
                        I love the belief/conspiracy theory that David Stern not only rigged one draft but now rigs every single draft.

Basically it's a belief that a person working for ruthless billionaires is constantly cheating them and risking his job, reputation and very possibly his freedom since something like this will get you prison time and all for a few laughs or petty revenge.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                          I love the belief/conspiracy theory that David Stern not only rigged one draft but now rigs every single draft.

Basically it's a belief that a person working for ruthless billionaires is constantly cheating them and risking his job, reputation and very possibly his freedom since something like this will get you prison time and all for a few laughs or petty revenge.
                          +1

All these conspiracy theory talks is laughable really.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                            +1

All these conspiracy theory talks is laughable really.
                            It is but I just find it too sketchy that two teams that lose their franchise players one summer and than win the lottery the next summer(Cleveland and New Orleans).
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              It is but I just find it too sketchy that two teams that lose their franchise players one summer and than win the lottery the next summer(Cleveland and New Orleans).
                              two shitty teams win a raffle in which you have a higher chance of winning if you're shitty?

i dont find that sketchy at all.

Comment

Oladipo ALL the way.

Defense, intensity, high fg%..
                                Even if he is just a really good role player, him behind Ross would be AWESOME.
                                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                                X