X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Nerlens Noel declares him and JV would make a very very good front court

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
      Colangelo btw i believe is in Greece scouting a 6'10 PG named Giannis Adetokoubo. Right now he's projected to go late in the 1st round. But i guarantee he'll be top 5-10 pick this summer. He's another name to keep an eye on.
      6'10" Point Guard!?

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        6'10" Point Guard!?
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km632hL-XCo

He grew 3 inches the last 10 months, so although he plays as point guard, the scouting video says he has point forward potential. He seems very interesting!
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Noel
          Oladipo
          McLemore

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post

He grew 3 inches the last 10 months, so although he plays as point guard, the scouting video says he has point forward potential. He seems very interesting!
            Yeah, there's no way he could get away with being a PG in the NBA, at least offensively. He looks to have freakish defensive potential, possibly being able to guard every position (with exceptions). He also seems to have generally good instincts in all aspects of the game, making him an interesting offensive prospect, especially as that passing forward type of player. He is just really young and raw.

I can't imagine he gets picked too high, because he hasn't had to play against any kind of impressive level of competition. It's like drafting a high school prospect. Still, could be a very solid pick in the late 1st round or 2nd round...someone with lottery talent that you can develop without too much pressure, possibly even stashing him away in Greece for another year.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
              A shorter wingspan can be an advantage.

http://www.gizmag.com/roadkill-breed...olution/26708/
              Pump the breaks for second. You see a post about wingspan and you suddenly think, "Hey that reminds me of this great article on natural selection I read about a husband and wife ornithological team in western Nebraska."

???
              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post

Wow.

What an interesting prospect.

If the Raps could get Boozer and a first round pick out of Chicago, he would be a nice stash as he develops in the ACB.

Comment

Package the pick and take a run at getting Kevin Love. Anybody but JV can go.

Comment

Thomas A. wrote: View Post
                    Package the pick and take a run at getting Kevin Love. Anybody but JV can go.
                    An interesting possibility. Definitely one "star" situation to keep an eye on. FWIW, if anyone was wondering, this is the only kind of deal where I'd happily trade Demar: for a young, all-star calibre player who can be a fixture next to JV for years.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Wow.

What an interesting prospect.

If the Raps could get Boozer and a first round pick out of Chicago, he would be a nice stash as he develops in the ACB.
                      Keep the dream alive

And yeah....super intriguing prospect. Definitely someone to keep an eye on, because I still can't see him going too high given his youth, mostly because the level of competition he's played.
                      Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Mar 29, 2013, 09:34 AM.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Keep the dream alive

And yeah....super intriguing prospect. Definitely someone to keep an eye on, because I still can't see him going too high given his youth, mostly because the level of competition he's played.
                        It is all Raptor fans have, isn't it?

Although this is the first time I've ever really felt "meh" on the team.

Too bad it is not like an Office document where you can quit without saving any changes and start a new blank document.

I fail to see how Colangelo is going to sell 2 more wins over last season's pace with an addition of nearly $20M in payroll per season.

What a cluster f*ck this whole team is.

The best thing MLSE might do now is keep Colangelo and DC for next year, watch another shit year unfold, hope and pray the 2014 pick is not going to OKC, don't allow Colangelo to add any salary beyond 2015, and give the new GM in 2014-15 young talent (JV, TR, 2014 pick) along with young veterans (DD, AJ, possibly LF) and significant expiring contracts/cap space.

The new Raptors fan dream is no longer "NEXT YEAR".... it has now become "NEXT THREE YEARS". What a mess.

Comment

Too bad it is not like an Office document where you can quit without saving any changes and start a new blank document.

I fail to see how Colangelo is going to sell 2 more wins over last season's pace with an addition of nearly $20M in payroll per season.

The best thing MLSE might do now is keep Colangelo and DC for next year, watch another shit year unfold, hope and pray the 2014 pick is not going to OKC, don't allow Colangelo to add any salary beyond 2015, and give the new GM in 2014-15 young talent (JV, TR, 2014 pick) along with young veterans (DD, AJ, possibly LF) and significant expiring contracts/cap space.

The new Raptors fan dream is no longer "NEXT YEAR".... it has now become "NEXT THREE YEARS". What a mess.
                          This has basically been how I've felt since the Gay trade. At first, in the honeymoon phase, it seemed like their was more promise than I thought. But yeah, I think this team has little chance of doing anything special, and if they go all-in (which they are sadly not at yet), it'll just screw them down the road.

How sad is it that it's not even about "next three years", but about "dear God I hope BC is gone in the next year or two, because otherwise three years is probably not long enough"?

Comment

the term that keeps coming to my mind. We need a lot of luck to make it out of this financial/talent level mess alive.

Comment

It's a very sad mess that us Raptor fans have to watch. Usually off seasons are exciting but this one is going to be dreadful (as pointed out in a different thread). The top 3 pick in my opinion is going to be untradeable. For teams looking to shed salary, taking on guaranteed money for a top 3 pick who may just end up being a rotational piece is not worthwhile.

If the Raptors do get in the top 3, they should be going after the guy with the most potential, and in my opinion that's Noel. Although I doubt BC would touch him because of his injury. After that perhaps McLemore because of the dearth of SG's in the league. I would choose a player that I think can be flipped for someone else, and not specifically someone that should be playing on the team. If I had to get a guy that might actually be able to play a few minutes, then probably Smart. However for some reason I see Smart ending up as a decent backup in the league and not a guy that will be starting.

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                                Pump the breaks for second. You see a post about wingspan and you suddenly think, "Hey that reminds me of this great article on natural selection I read about a husband and wife ornithological team in western Nebraska."
                                ???
                                It was just like you stated except that I heard it first the day before on the CBC science program Quirks and Quarks while driving home from work and then made the bizarre connection with Ben McLemore's wingspan which is 6'7", actually a very "normal" wingspan for someone that is 6'4" tall. Yes, I know there are many Marfan type freaks in the NBA with Inspector Gadget like arms.

Comment

Working...
                                X