• Time
  • Show
Clear All

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Is Kanter playing at all for Turkey?
    Or was I should say.
    The boxscore can be found here:
    http://london2012.fiba.com/pages/eng...6232/game.html

Kanter played 16 minutes and had 5 pts and 3 rebs.

I found the best way to get box scores, is by going here:
    http://london2012.fiba.com/pages/eng.../schedule.html

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      The boxscore can be found here:
      http://london2012.fiba.com/pages/eng...6232/game.html

Kanter played 16 minutes and had 5 pts and 3 rebs.

I found the best way to get box scores, is by going here:
      http://london2012.fiba.com/pages/eng.../schedule.html
      Awesome! Thanks man!

Geez, Asik is a Monster eh? I keep hearing nothing but FANTASTIC things about this guy.

Good to see Lithuania take the win though.
      I imagine Lithuania has a few new fans in Canada for the Tournament as well.

Comment

canada is beasting!

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
          Darn, missed that game. I see he shot (only) 44%, but had 11(!) fouls drawn and shot 12/15 FT's (he fouled out, but with only 20 seconds left). He added 7 rebounds, 1 steal and 3 bs. Apparently he had a much higher usage than the game yesterday while Galinari and Belinelli (going 3/21 combined!) had a slightly lower usage. The free throws means they went more inside as well, which was lacking yesterday.

Lithuania plays Turkey in half an hour. Valanciunas will probably be playing most of his minutes in the second half or not a lot at all. I won't be able to catch the second half, so I hope someone wants to write a short game summary of Valanciunas.
          I've been posting short game summaries at TorontoNews24 in the city sports section.
          The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Kanter looks okay - but he still plays like a rookie among men.

He was on the floor in the final minute as Lithuania took a 1 pt lead up to 7.

It would be nice if Big V could get that experience but his head coach is fixated on winning.
            The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Bargnani vs Latvia

Comment

I found the full Italy vs Germany game, if you're bored you can watch it. The game was pretty boring though.

Comment

And here's the full Italy vs Latvia game

Comment

Hi to all,

i'm gabriele from rome. I' ve watched all the games of italy in this european championship 2011. Are you worried about andrea performances??? You' re right. I always follow raoprts republic and critics that bargnani receivs here are all true with my complete diasappointments. Do not be impressed by the numbers andrea is always the same. In the first game he scored 22 poi t when the game was close to serbia.

Against germany, the match clou for us he hide himself on offense and on defensive hand was obscured in the last 5 minutes by Kaman!!! Yesterday scroed 36 points with Latvia that haven't a great enter (biedrins was injured). The problems are the same he haven't leadership and the help defense is an unknown entity!

Surely he improved 1 on 1 defense... but he have to play for all 40 minutes, and he can bring some rebs. Now is thin (because in tornoto will paly pf in the next year) and this is a good starting point. I love andrea when enter in the paint or quitfrom the area an take some 3's but i don't think he will be a star. Thurstday i saw a star... Dirk and a rising star danilo gallinari.. Andrea against my self is a second gun not a first one.

Bye
                    gabriele

Comment

The Valanciunas song as already heard during halftime of Lithuania vs. Turkey at the EC.

Last edited by Soft Euro; Sat Sep 3, 2011, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Lithuania center Petravicius got sick and will not be able to play in this tournament anymore, so Valanciunas will get much more minutes. That's really good opportunity for him to get experience in tough games. As much as it's sad for a guy who's out, but fortune just likes JV it seems.
                        And next big game is tomorrow, Lithuania is playing Spain with two Gasols and Ibaka. Game for the 1st place in group.

Comment

Unfortunately you are right. I watched every game Andrea played since he came here to Toronto, and he is not improving at all. To be fair to him, when he came he had a lot of potential and I liked him, but the Raptors had a couple of very bad coaches in Mitchell and Triano, whatever he learned from them didn't help his game at all, quite the opposite. And because he was no. 1 pick, there was no one in the Raptors organization to go hard on him and demand hard play and sacrifice for the team.

What's most disappointing about Andrea is the lack of desire to win the games, win or lose, it's all the same to him. You can learn a lot of things as a player, improve your defense, rebounding, shooting etc, but you can't teach someone to play with a desire to win every single game, take Dirk for an example, he would play even with a broken foot if it's possible just to win the championship. With Andrea, every now and then, he didn't play because of "sore back", sore this, sore that... That's not how you win championships in NBA.

Comment

Too bad that the Raptors European scouts were sleeping in the last couple of years. Check out the performances of Bo McCalebb, the point guard of Macedonia on this Euro. Macedonia just beat Greece who was a heavy favorite 72:58, and McCalebb was unstoppable with 27 points. He received Macedonian citizenship several years ago and plays for the Macedonian team for a long time, he`s a national hero there and most beloved athlete in a country of only 2 million. Regardless, he always gives 100% and more than that, a true warrior, plays with a lot of heart for a country he probably never heard of several years ago.

He can have a spot on any NBA team roster, including Dallas, Miami, Lakers, he`s better than most of the point guards in NBA. Bo is under contract with Montepaschi in Italy, but if there is any chance to bring him in Toronto, Raptors should do it without hesitation, he can be a starter immediately. This is the type of a player I`d like to see in Toronto uniform, who never gives up and tries to win every single game. Follow his performances.

Comment

The only problem with McCalebb is his size. And against larger, longer PGs in the NBA, many of his skills would be neutralized.
                              Not saying he couldn't be a contributer, but he would not be neearly as productive against NBA defenses.

I could see him being a J.J. Barea type player. Not always effective, usually gets out manned; but when he is effective, he can do some damage.

Comment

Eurobasket wrote: View Post
                                Unfortunately you are right. I watched every game Andrea played since he came here to Toronto, and he is not improving at all. To be fair to him, when he came he had a lot of potential and I liked him, but the Raptors had a couple of very bad coaches in Mitchell and Triano.....
                                I disagree. Sam Mitchell was a good coach, coach of the year in fact. He was fired because he refused to give minutes to a young player who only wanted to play perimeter offense. After 5 years Bargnani is what he is, a talent with good offense (usually) but not much determination to contribute in other areas that are essential to winning.

Comment

Working...
                                X