Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 NBA All-Star Dunk Contest - go Ross go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    It's HEADLINING the competition, and those players all have 20x the star power Ross does. Did you want the title the year before to say "Jeremy Evans is back!" or something?
    Why does ESPN hate the Jazz so much??????

Comment

I have the biggest feeling Terrence is gonna get robbed
      paul George is gonna win because his stupid bandwagon is gonna vote him into the slam champ

But i got full hope in our guy
      LEGGO TERRENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
      The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
      No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

ugh. Guys, this is marketing. Not anything more. The headline guys will be the finalists. Ross will be an afterthought unless he is super human

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
          ugh. Guys, this is marketing. Not anything more. The headline guys will be the finalists. Ross will be an afterthought unless he is super human
          why'd you have to kill it for half the fans who actually had hope Terrence would pull it off
          What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
          The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar

Comment

well, given the new format, there aren't anymore finalists, so.... ha!
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

With fan voting now in play, Ross is gonna have to pull off a 720 or something to get more votes than George.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                With fan voting now in play, Ross is gonna have to pull off a 720 or something to get more votes than George.
                On NBA.com ross has the second most votes behind guess who, george -.-
                http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/0...ls=nbahpsplit1
                behind by like 267 votes

ugggh

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                  On NBA.com ross has the second most votes behind guess who, george -.-
                  http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/0...ls=nbahpsplit1
                  behind by like 267 votes

ugggh
                  Onlay 261 now, after my vote. Come on RR peeps. Create a little noise.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                    Onlay 261 now, after my vote. Come on RR peeps. Create a little noise.
                    Down by 252 now

I think this is the new thing now according to the raptors
                    #RossRisesAgain ?????
                    loool I'm ok with it

leggo T Air Rence <3
                    Make us proud once agian

Comment

isn't as great as last years but hey its something

Comment

If it is east vs west, is there gonna be 1 champ in the end?

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                          If it is east vs west, is there gonna be 1 champ in the end?
                          theres gonna be an winning team
                          basically in the first round (its 90 second) all three dunkers from one team put up as many dunks up in 90 secs
                          the second round is one on one suppose it's lillard vs ross
                          the judges aren't going to hold up point cards their gonna hold up cards that either say east or west

but then there will be ''the dunker of the night'' which is pretty much a popularity contest, which really doesn't matter cuz its more of a team thing now

If you ask me I kind of like the new format, takes pressure of the dunkers

Comment

I'm sure changes are posted somewhere in the thread already but I didn't bother to check so my apologies for anyone annoyed by my laziness:

The NBA announced the participants for the 2014 Slam Dunk Contest on Thursday, and with it a new set of rules for the February 16 competition. In an attempt to shake up a contest that has grown stagnant in the last few years, the league has completely reinvented it — and while the changes seem radical on the surface, they’re entirely logical and should make the dunk contest better.

For the first time, the dunk contest participants will be split into two teams: East (Terrence Ross, Paul George and John Wall) and West (Harrison Barnes, Damian Lillard and Ben McLemore). Rather than all of the dunkers competing against each other as individuals, they will be working in teams, with team and individual awards being given out at the end of the night.

The first round will be a so-called “freestyle” competition, where the dunkers on each team will have 90 seconds to pack in as many dunks as they can. It’s essentially a layup line, not too different from players’ pregame shootaround routines. The judges select a winning team, and that team chooses whether to go first or second in the next round.

The battle round is another clever twist. The three dunkers on each team will be paired off for a series of head-to-head battles, with the judges selecting a winner from each. When a dunker loses a battle, he’s eliminated from the competition, and the remaining contestants continue to go head-to-head until one of the teams wins three battles. That team will be the Slam Dunk Champions for the night.

The move to a tournament format not only keeps each individual matchup more compelling than just six dunkers playing every-man-for-himself, but the faster pace is a much-needed antidote to the excessive props that have ruined recent dunk contests.

Even the Dunker of the Night award (decided by a fan vote) isn’t much different from the winner picked in the dunk contest up until this year. The dunk contest is not doing away with an individual winner, as it seemed when they announced the rules. They’re just renaming the award.

The new rules represent a major shift for the dunk contest, but it’s hard to deny that it needed one. After several years of interminable prop dunks turned the dunk contest from appointment viewing to self-parody, competition desperately needed an injection of life.

The new rules should do just that.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/02/nba-...est-new-rules/

Comment

I just voted, Ross is 324 votes behind. Bias aside, he probably is the most impressive of the group.

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X