Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KHD wrote: View Post
    in what universe is this true?
    He started and closed at the 4 last night. 2nd most mins and 2nd highest plus-. Shot a bad percentage but grabbed 11 boards for a double double. Marvin Williams is a good matchup but I'll take that production from a backup. Thats a decent game for pat.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
      LMAO How did I never see this. This is the most bang on for real! lol. What happened to Barolt?I miss his extreme hatred for Demar haha
      He asked on raps hq if the raps should have traded DD for ibaka instead. I'm still waiting for his Ross tribute farewell on the main site.

Comment

lewro wrote: View Post
        He started and closed at the 4 last night. 2nd most mins and 2nd highest plus-. Shot a bad percentage but grabbed 11 boards for a double double. Marvin Williams is a good matchup but I'll take that production from a backup. Thats a decent game for pat.
        You don't think so KHD? I'd like to see ibaka at the 5 with pat. I'm curious that maybe DMC can be a 4/3 tweener. Depending on matchups he might be useful at the 4. Maybe add another 3/4 like harmless or 4/3 like JJ. Norm 2/3. Delon 1/2.
        I know that cuts jv out but gotta go with what works. We will see. If that's the case, I just don't know where to trade jv?
        These are just hypotheticals. Of course if jv kills it then I want him to play 30+ mins.
        I'm just curious that ibaka might be more effective long term at the 5 than 4 and Dmc might be more effective as a backup 4 with some matchup at the 3. That's a waste of $15m but he doesn't have a market.

Comment

He asked on raps hq if the raps should have traded DD for ibaka instead. I'm still waiting for his Ross tribute farewell on the main site.
          Anyone know what his pen name is on the main site?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Anyone know what his pen name is on the main site?
            anthony doyle
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
              Patterson will be expensive, I hope they keep him. More than just backup PF, he's going to be the 3rd big in a 3-big rotation that gives all three guys 25+ mpg. Very important for various lineup combinations and matchup potential.

Better to try to shed salary elsewhere if the tax bill looks too high.
              Yeah I'd like to see Patterson on the roster too and I hope they can keep him. It's still early but thinking about the cap situation after this summer makes my head hurt.

I want to see ibaka 5/pat 4. We might be better to give jvs money to pat. Carroll looks comfortable at the 4. Siakam is fine 3rd string. Yak will grow into a good backup.
              Cojo, jv, bebe is $25m of good value contracts, with different skills to trade.
              Boston game will be fun! I'd like to see delon vs rozier.
              As someone said, when we go to a smaller faster lineup yeah. just not sure if Carroll can match up with other 4s in the league.

Comment

Yeah, I agree, matchup dependent.

Comment

This is all predicated on how we do in playoffs with Serge but if its another run to the eastern final.. then maybe this is the AS and TO BE lineups for next year...

We are going to be a tax team as the intent will be to reup Kyle + Serge. So we are going to be a tax team....unless there is a trade for JV or Joseph .. MLSE will give the green light to operate as a tax team for a year or two.. but thats it... So the window is now.

AS IS

Center: JV... Bebe.. Jacob
                  PF...... Serge.. PPat...Sullinger... Siakam
                  SF..... Carroll.. Norman... Bruno
                  SF..... Demar
                  PG..... Kyle... Corey.... Delon... Freddy

TO BE

PF...... Serge.. PPat.... Siakam
                  SF..... Carroll.. Norman... Free Agent Signing ...Bruno
                  SF..... Demar.... Draft Pick
                  PG..... Kyle... Corey.... Delon...
                  Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Feb 19, 2017, 01:10 PM.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                    This is all predicated on how we do in playoffs with Serge but if its another run to the eastern final.. then maybe this is the AS and TO BE lineups for next year...

We are going to be a tax team as the intent will be to reup Kyle + Serge. So we are going to be a tax team....unless there is a trade for JV or Joseph .. MLSE will give the green light to operate as a tax team for a year or two.. but thats it... So the window is now.

AS IS

PF...... Serge.. PPat...Sullinger... Siakam
                    SF..... Carroll.. Norman... Bruno
                    SF..... Demar
                    PG..... Kyle... Corey.... Delon... Freddy

TO BE

PF...... Serge.. PPat.... Siakam
                    SF..... Carroll.. Norman... Free Agent Signing ...Bruno
                    SF..... Demar.... Draft Pick
                    PG..... Kyle... Corey.... Delon...
                    that's a huge tax bill for a team that isn't really a threat to the likes of Lebron and GSW.

I don't think we're keeping all of Joseph, 2pat, JV and Carroll either way.

Comment

that's a huge tax bill for a team that isn't really a threat to the likes of Lebron and GSW.

I don't think we're keeping all of Joseph, 2pat, JV and Carroll either way.
                      Cleveland isn't invincible as Lebron has likely 1 or 2 more years left before he isn't Lebron anymore.. he will still be really good.. but just not the guy we have been lucky enough to watch through his prime..

There are worse things than having to face GSW in the finals if this is a finals team if it gets by the Lebrons....

So your GM for a day... who you unloading to keep the tax bill as low as possible ?
                      Carroll from my view is a sunk cost till his deal runs out.. @ 15M a year for the next two.. who is picking up that deal for a guy who looks to be hurt or limited compared to Atlanta Carroll.

JV is the same 15Mish.. he can be moved but there are a lot of big C's available.. (Lopez / Monroe / Vucevic) so think he stays or we will get pennies on the dollar for him in terms of a talent in and talent out trade a we will be thin upfront with just Jacob and Bebe left..

Ppat we can let walk.. but then its Serge and Siakam... if Serge gets hurt thats a mondo drop off in talent.

Joseph is the most likely to be on the block but he is only 7M as well... ... we could trade him to a "cap gap" team for cap relief and get back a 2nd rounder or "just a guy" making 1.5M ... is that really worth it ?

Not a lot of wiggle room for the GM with Kyle and Serge almost certain to sign for 20 to 25M each...
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                        Cleveland isn't invincible as Lebron has likely 1 or 2 more years left before he isn't Lebron anymore.. he will still be really good.. but just not the guy we have been lucky enough to watch through his prime..

There are worse things than having to face GSW in the finals if this is a finals team if it gets by the Lebrons....

So your GM for a day... who you unloading to keep the tax bill as low as possible ?
                        Carroll from my view is a sunk cost till his deal runs out.. @ 15M a year for the next two.. who is picking up that deal for a guy who looks to be hurt or limited compared to Atlanta Carroll.

JV is the same 15Mish.. he can be moved but there are a lot of big C's available.. (Lopez / Monroe / Vucevic) so think he stays or we will get pennies on the dollar for him in terms of a talent in and talent out trade a we will be thin upfront with just Jacob and Bebe left..

Ppat we can let walk.. but then its Serge and Siakam... if Serge gets hurt thats a mondo drop off in talent.

Joseph is the most likely to be on the block but he is only 7M as well... ... we could trade him to a "cap gap" team for cap relief and get back a 2nd rounder or "just a guy" making 1.5M ... is that really worth it ?

Not a lot of wiggle room for the GM with Kyle and Serge almost certain to sign for 20 to 25M each...
                        Throw bebe on to that list. There's a place for him but he could be thrown into a deal with Carroll or cojo. So could siakam.

We haven't seen a single minute of serge on this team. It's a fun exercise so I will play but I'm just inventing a narrative toward my bias.

First, Pat comes back from injury and he's back to good Pat immediately and thoughout the end of season/playoffs. He and Ibaka look great together on both ends, including rebounding.
                        Second, JV plays more 2nd unit (without DD) and Delon, norm and Kyle actually pass him the ball. He's #2 option there, 6 post up and some rolls/jumpers - 12fga in 24 mins (12 mins without DD).
                        Third, DMC gains confidence in his knees. He's not asked to create, he defers to our guards (incl Delon and norm whose usage goes up) and only takes open jumpers/back door cuts (find him there bc he's sneaky. Delon and norm have better vision for this than Cory imo). I go out on a limb to say that he looks a competent back up worth $12m and easier to move at the deadline next yr, with 1.5 yrs left.
                        Fourth, Cory and Delon split 10mins a piece. Cory at least treads water (hopefully D improves with Ibaka). Delon has a learning curve but gains confidence, poised to take a step next yr and add versatility/vision above Cory.
                        Fifth, yak moves ahead of bebe in the rotation. He's the long term guy, stop developing bebe, just use him when you need blocks or yak looks off.
                        Sixth, siakam plays 48 mins in all remaining dleague games.
                        Seventh, we blow out a couple teams and a throw away game or two when seeding doesn't matter (something like this) that allows Bruno to play a long stretch, at one time. Don't give him 30 secs. At least 4 mins. He's gotta know that he's expected to play at this level. Take the training wheels off. Let him sink or swim.

Summer

-Resign Pat. Hopefully $48m/3+1yrs. Likely somewhere between that and $60m/3+1yrs.
                        -Trade JV to pelicans for first with declining protections (14, 5, 0). Some have floated this idea but I don't see it. This is fantasy tho.
                        -trade cojo+1st/2nd to move up on the draft. Throw in bebe if necessary but preferably trade him with Carroll at 2018 deadline. Get a solid 2/3/4 3&d guy with the pick. Use the 2nd pick for the same.
                        -Use your exception to get a solid vet rebounder/screener/defender at the 5. Hopefully a quality guy takes a pay cut to be on a good team.
                        -hopefully the team disappoints enough to fire Casey. Masai has his ideal choice already lined up. That guy is ready to go next level.

Maybe a small ℅ of any of this happens. But it's fun! Cheers demo!

Comment

Throw bebe on to that list. There's a place for him but he could be thrown into a deal with Carroll or cojo. So could siakam.

We haven't seen a single minute of serge on this team. It's a fun exercise so I will play but I'm just inventing a narrative toward my bias.

First, Pat comes back from injury and he's back to good Pat immediately and thoughout the end of season/playoffs. He and Ibaka look great together on both ends, including rebounding.
                          Second, JV plays more 2nd unit (without DD) and Delon, norm and Kyle actually pass him the ball. He's #2 option there, 6 post up and some rolls/jumpers - 12fga in 24 mins (12 mins without DD).
                          Third, DMC gains confidence in his knees. He's not asked to create, he defers to our guards (incl Delon and norm whose usage goes up) and only takes open jumpers/back door cuts (find him there bc he's sneaky. Delon and norm have better vision for this than Cory imo). I go out on a limb to say that he looks a competent back up worth $12m and easier to move at the deadline next yr, with 1.5 yrs left.
                          Fourth, Cory and Delon split 10mins a piece. Cory at least treads water (hopefully D improves with Ibaka). Delon has a learning curve but gains confidence, poised to take a step next yr and add versatility/vision above Cory.
                          Fifth, yak moves ahead of bebe in the rotation. He's the long term guy, stop developing bebe, just use him when you need blocks or yak looks off.
                          Sixth, siakam plays 48 mins in all remaining dleague games.
                          Seventh, we blow out a couple teams and a throw away game or two when seeding doesn't matter (something like this) that allows Bruno to play a long stretch, at one time. Don't give him 30 secs. At least 4 mins. He's gotta know that he's expected to play at this level. Take the training wheels off. Let him sink or swim.

Summer

-Resign Pat. Hopefully $48m/3+1yrs. Likely somewhere between that and $60m/3+1yrs.
                          -Trade JV to pelicans for first with declining protections (14, 5, 0). Some have floated this idea but I don't see it. This is fantasy tho.
                          -trade cojo+1st/2nd to move up on the draft. Throw in bebe if necessary but preferably trade him with Carroll at 2018 deadline. Get a solid 2/3/4 3&d guy with the pick. Use the 2nd pick for the same.
                          -Use your exception to get a solid vet rebounder/screener/defender at the 5. Hopefully a quality guy takes a pay cut to be on a good team.
                          -hopefully the team disappoints enough to fire Casey. Masai has his ideal choice already lined up. That guy is ready to go next level.

Maybe a small ℅ of any of this happens. But it's fun! Cheers demo!
                          i mean, if we're just describing things that we want to happen, i'd rather see JV and Ibaka work so well together that even Casey can't screw it up, giving us our solid 4/5 tandem for the forseeable future rather than creating an automatic rebounding disadvantage by forcing Ibaka into the 5 position.

Comment

i mean, if we're just describing things that we want to happen, i'd rather see JV and Ibaka work so well together that even Casey can't screw it up, giving us our solid 4/5 tandem for the forseeable future rather than creating an automatic rebounding disadvantage by forcing Ibaka into the 5 position.
                            Yep, that could be best too and i want what is best. My bias is that D and rim protection are important at the 5 and so is switching 1/5 PNR. Sully got injured but in theory we might be able to get a rebounder with our exception and use him as needed, in spot mins.
                            JV has value above replacement but not that much in how we actually use him so potentially he brings back some value (yes, not full value) at a position of need. Whereas, we are thin at the 3. Trying to trade our only true 3, whom does not have value so that we have to add value from somewhere else, would produce a marginal return imo.
                            Like we trade Carroll plus a 1st for a PJ Tucker level talent (not expiring version of him) so we're still kinda crap at the 3 and we just lost a 1st and only saved like $10m, which is not enough.
                            Talent-wise it's an easy decision but not in terms of money and roster balance. I'd like to hear suggestions on DMC. In the outline above, I could see using an exception on a 3 instead, I just imagine it's easier to get a screener/rebounder there than a decent 3&d wing with size. Those guys are going for big money and everyone wants one. Maybe that does make Carroll somewhat easier to move than the glut of big men in jvs market? That turns my argument completely on its head.

As always, I'm not targeting JV. I'm just done yelling at my tv when he doesn't get the ball. We will see when serge plays but I have a feeling it will be fire Casey or trade JV or both.

Comment

Yep, that could be best too and i want what is best. My bias is that D and rim protection are important at the 5 and so is switching 1/5 PNR. Sully got injured but in theory we might be able to get a rebounder with our exception and use him as needed, in spot mins.
                              JV has value above replacement but not that much in how we actually use him so potentially he brings back some value (yes, not full value) at a position of need. Whereas, we are thin at the 3. Trying to trade our only true 3, whom does not have value so that we have to add value from somewhere else, would produce a marginal return imo.
                              Like we trade Carroll plus a 1st for a PJ Tucker level talent (not expiring version of him) so we're still kinda crap at the 3 and we just lost a 1st and only saved like $10m, which is not enough.
                              Talent-wise it's an easy decision but not in terms of money and roster balance. I'd like to hear suggestions on DMC. In the outline above, I could see using an exception on a 3 instead, I just imagine it's easier to get a screener/rebounder there than a decent 3&d wing with size. Those guys are going for big money and everyone wants one. Maybe that does make Carroll somewhat easier to move than the glut of big men in jvs market? That turns my argument completely on its head.

As always, I'm not targeting JV. I'm just done yelling at my tv when he doesn't get the ball. We will see when serge plays but I have a feeling it will be fire Casey or trade JV or both.
                              yeah i'm pretty sure it has to come to a head in that sense.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X