Is Reggie the Next Oakley?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Reggie the Next Oakley?

It seems to be that Reggie could be the "Elder Statesman" of this young team. He brings the energy every play and knows his role.

He seems to hold everyone accountable and is not afraid to say things to back up/motivate his team mates. He's already a fan favorite for his hard work and is the guy who encourages the fans to make noise.

What do you guys think?

Reggie's the next Reggie.
    Joshua Priemski
    NBA blogger
    SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
    www.RufusOnFire.com/
    www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

Reggie is nothing like Charles Oakley besides the fact that he works hard for his money. I like what Reggie did in game one but he's not Oak.

Comment

i was thinking more like rodman than oakley.

volume rebounding, little to no offense, touching other dudes balls.

Comment

I think Reggie is turning into a really solid leader - but not Oak. Oak took veteran players and at times used intimidation to enforce effort and teamwork. Reggie leads by example in showing these guys that effort is EVERYTHING....
          When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

Reggie is Reggie, but if he had Oak's jump shot that'd be pretty sweet.
            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Reggie is sane. Rodman - nuts.

Comment

Reggie is more Rodman than he is Oak. But in the end, Reggie is Reggie. And so far this season, that's a great thing.

Comment

Reggie is becoming our version of Ben Wallace.

Comment

Evans over his nine year career before this season averaged 60 games a season and 19 mpg.

He has never averaged over 24 mpg in his career

Evans has averaged 30+ minutes in the first two games of 10-11.

If Triano continues to play him anything close to that number of mpg Reggie will most likely break down, wind up getting injured and become largely ineffective.
                    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I don't think Reggie's minutes are going to continue like this. When Ed gets ready and back up to speed Reggie isn't going to see as much time.

Comment

I hope that Dorsey is taking notes, if he wants minutes he better jump for those rebounds like his life depends on it because his NBA career sure does.

Its funny how we have one of the best rebounders in the NBA playing with one of the worst rebounders in the NBA. Come on Bargs eat and workout like Reggie!

Comment

Reggie for Defensive Player of the Year! HAHA

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            I don't think Reggie's minutes are going to continue like this. When Ed gets ready and back up to speed Reggie isn't going to see as much time.
                            I'll be honest, Apollo.

I disagree. I think Amir's gonna see VERY little time when Davis returns, as Davis will eat the majority of his minutes.

Reggie will start the majority, if not all, of the season, barring a HUGE coming out party for Davis (10 rebounds and 2 blocks on a consistent basis).
                            Joshua Priemski
                            NBA blogger
                            SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
                            www.RufusOnFire.com/
                            www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

Introcollapse wrote: View Post
                              Reggie will start the majority, if not all, of the season, barring a HUGE coming out party for Davis (10 rebounds and 2 blocks on a consistent basis).
                              Did you consider that this may be Reggie's audition before being moved? He was already almost moved once. He has an expiring contract, it's $5M. Also, they just dropped major coin to retain Amir and then as you mentioned, they have high hopes from their 1st rounder Ed Davis. If winning was the purpose of this season it would make sense to milk Reggie's good play until the wheel come off but I don't think winning is the main goal this year. I think this year is about rebuilding around the new young core. Giving Reggie big minutes doesn't help the team long term unless it's to showcase his talents for trade purposes.

Comment

Working...
                              X