Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taxes, the border, snow, the metric system and now....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taxes, the border, snow, the metric system and now....

Check out the "tweet of the night" on today's daily dime. Yes, the best thing said about basketball last night was this.

Got a lot of respect for overseas players after that trip to Toronto. Living off wifi and taking the random roaming penalties is no joke

— CJ McCollum (@CJMcCollum) November 18, 2013

On the plus side, glad to see people who make millions of dollars care about roaming charges too. Maybe if he ever winds up here, Bell/Rogers could get him some sort of package.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/p...ng-kobe-return

Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Check out the "tweet of the night" on today's daily dime. Yes, the best thing said about basketball last night was this.

Got a lot of respect for overseas players after that trip to Toronto. Living off wifi and taking the random roaming penalties is no joke

— CJ McCollum (@CJMcCollum) November 18, 2013

On the plus side, glad to see people who make millions of dollars care about roaming charges too. Maybe if he ever winds up here, Bell/Rogers could get him some sort of package.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/p...ng-kobe-return
    Overseas?? Like...Lake Ontario?
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Overseas?? Like...Lake Ontario?
      He means the international players in the US have to deal with "random roaming charges and living off WiFi" just like he had to on his trip to Toronto.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

What a Tool. The IQ of these players is just plummeting isn't it?

Someone who is playing Overseas would obviously have a local plan, and therefore not rely on Wifi or deal with Roaming Charges. What a tool. The ignorance of some people drives me bananas.

And seriously? I was just in New York for a weekend and paid $25 for a plan that covered me from everything. This guy makes that every 2 minutes of being alive.

Comment

Someone needs to tell these guys to stop whining. It looks really bad on them considering they all make upwards of 30x the average person makes.
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            What a Tool. The IQ of these players is just plummeting isn't it?

Someone who is playing Overseas would obviously have a local plan, and therefore not rely on Wifi or deal with Roaming Charges. What a tool. The ignorance of some people drives me bananas.

And seriously? I was just in New York for a weekend and paid $25 for a plan that covered me from everything. This guy makes that every 2 minutes of being alive.
            To be fair, the "dumb athlete" is as old as professional sports.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

He's got a good point. I'm on a corporate account and we get slammed for roaming charges just 'roaming' from Toronto to Waterloo. It's f'in ridiculous. Please, please, please get a foreign carrier in here who can be a legitimate threat to Bell/Rogers/Telus oligopoly.

*end of rant*

Comment

To me, this speaks more about America's bubble, than anything specific to athletes.

The home of the brave (and utterly clueless).

Comment

"Hey! You're from Canada? Cool! Do you know Fred? I think he lives near a gas station."

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    To me, this speaks more about America's bubble, than anything specific to athletes.

The home of the brave (and utterly clueless).
                    I disagree. This may have just been a throw away tweet by CJ because he was frustrated, and seemingly very cheap. I've made the same complaint sitting at the airport in Atlanta or Minnesota cursing the fact that there's no free wifi. It's just unfortunate that ESPN put it on such a platform.

People can stop being poor, but not being cheap is tougher to do.

Comment

Tell them they should move here if it is such an imposition...I understand the CRTC is looking into the gouging by the carriers and this affects all. The carriers here pay pennies (to US cell systems) on Canadians making calls while they are in the States and I am sure the same is happening to US residents making calls when coming here.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/crtc-...sers-1.1474695

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                        He's got a good point. I'm on a corporate account and we get slammed for roaming charges just 'roaming' from Toronto to Waterloo. It's f'in ridiculous. Please, please, please get a foreign carrier in here who can be a legitimate threat to Bell/Rogers/Telus oligopoly.

*end of rant*
                        Who are you with?! That's a deal straight out of 2003.
                        I'm with Telus, and I get unlimited Long Distance in Canada; Can surf, text & call from anywhere in Canada. For $70 a month.

Should tell your Company to switch plans ...

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          Who are you with?! That's a deal straight out of 2003.
                          I'm with Telus, and I get unlimited Long Distance in Canada; Can surf, text & call from anywhere in Canada. For $70 a month.

Should tell your Company to switch plans ...
                          I agree.

I'm with Virgin (bell) and get 1gb data, 400 anytime mins, free evenings and weekend, unlimited text, canada is my calling area, no roaming in Canada for $45

Comment

At the end of the day whether you make $80K per year or $8M per year, you still want to be smart about how you spend your money. Just because you have a bigger "buffer" when it comes to annoying fees like roaming, it doesn't make them less annoying.

I don't care that he used the word "overseas". I think you guys are just nitpicking.
                            your pal,
                            ebrian

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                              I disagree. This may have just been a throw away tweet by CJ because he was frustrated, and seemingly very cheap. I've made the same complaint sitting at the airport in Atlanta or Minnesota cursing the fact that there's no free wifi. It's just unfortunate that ESPN put it on such a platform.

People can stop being poor, but not being cheap is tougher to do.
                              Nah, the "overseas" comment changes the context entirely for me. It becomes less about a money complaint (which is justified), and more about "dude, do you actually think that American players who live in Europe use Verizon???"

Comment

Working...
                              X