Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taxes, the border, snow, the metric system and now....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Honestly grades don't mean jack in a comment like that. I know people who are very intelligent but they have almost zero general knowledge. C.J Mcollum looks like one of those people
    Yup, there is a definitely difference between book smarts and street smarts.

Comment

Got a lot of respect for overseas players after that trip to Toronto. Living off wifi and taking the random roaming penalties is no joke
      Are we really getting THIS bent out of shape for a simple comment about roaming charges? Who doesn't hate roaming fees? Why is this a "shot" at anyone? How is it a reflection of his intelligence?

Comment

This is a non-issue and a non-starter for me.
        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Yup, there is a definitely difference between book smarts and street smarts.
          Yup. I worked with a guy with 2 Master's degrees, but he couldn't understand why it was acceptable for us to use google to verify a company's mailing address. Simply couldn't wrap his head around it. Too much time in the academic world to understand the real world.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

ddaylewis wrote: View Post
            Are we really getting THIS bent out of shape for a simple comment about roaming charges? Who doesn't hate roaming fees? Why is this a "shot" at anyone? How is it a reflection of his intelligence?
            Sigh....

It's not about the roaming charges at all. It's about the "bubble" most Americans live in, intent on knowing very little about their surroundings. And adds further evidence that Toronto being the lone non-American franchise, does indeed have hurdles to clear when attracting free agents that no other NBA market has to deal with.

You and I know they're not real hurdles, but the negative perception exists, and that's what matters.
            Last edited by Nilanka; Wed Nov 20, 2013, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Sigh....

It's not about the roaming charges at all. It's about the "bubble" most Americans live in, intent on knowing very little about their surroundings. And adds further evidence that Toronto being the lone non-American franchise, does indeed have hurdles to clear when attracting free agents that no other NBA market has to deal with.

You and I know they're not real hurdles, but the negative perception exists, and that's what matters.
              What's the old adage, that perception is truth? An invisible obstacle is still an obstacle, if one believes it is there.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                Yup. I worked with a guy with 2 Master's degrees, but he couldn't understand why it was acceptable for us to use google to verify a company's mailing address. Simply couldn't wrap his head around it. Too much time in the academic world to understand the real world.
                Lol I'm seeing some guys that didn't do too well in college with agendas here...

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
                  Lol I'm seeing some guys that didn't do too well in college with agendas here...
                  Not at all. Simply an acknowledgement that memorizing a text book does not make up for real-world experience (regardless of how many case-studies read).

In fact, I would argue that earning a degree was most helpful to me because of the lessons learned, and people met along the way, rather than any individual pieces of information studied in the classroom.

Comment

Not at all. Simply an acknowledgement that memorizing a text book does not make up for real-world experience (regardless of how many case-studies read).

In fact, I would argue that earning a degree was most helpful to me with the lessons learned, and people met along the way, rather than any individual pieces of information studied in a classroom.
                    There are tons of people who have book smarts and street smarts.

There are also people who have neither.

Comment

There are tons of people who have book smarts and street smarts.

There are also people who have neither.
                      Absolutely. They're not mutually exclusive by any means.

My point was relating back to McCollum's tweet coming from an "intelligent" mind.

Comment

Not at all. I am at thrice the payroll position of the guy, so he can have his academic supremacy, I'll take the cash
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                        X