Believe it or not, our Last 10 shows us as one of the top 5 teams in the league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Tone it down. No need to swear and no need to make it personal - you could have made your point without doing either.
    How in the world was that personal man? I know you guys are a little more strict since the Matt incident but c'mon

Comment

If not no worries we all make mistakes
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        How in the world was that personal man? I know you guys are a little more strict since the Matt incident but c'mon
        Your last sentence had nothing to do with your point, it was just a personal attack. You next post was directed towards the same poster, calling him a hypocrite.

If you want to add to the conversation/debate, do so. Keep the personal stuff out of it.

Comment

Reading comprehension is such a lost art
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

We're not talking mike James here bro. All of these guys aren't even in their prime, if by having "career years" means they improve since last season then yea that did happen. But they aren't all playing at an elite level that is not sustainable. Take a look at our top guys they are all around 21 - 27 years of age, obviously they are going to improve since the last season. I hate when people dismiss the success of this team as a fluke, they proved that it isn't back when they pummelled Indiana at home.

Comment

so you agree everyone's having career years?
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

we pummeled indiana last year too and that team was awful
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  so you agree everyone's having career years?
                  Everyone's playing better than they ever have in their lives, but that doesn't mean they're having career years....HATER!

GO DRAKE GO!

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                    Yeah I'm not sure how people claim Lowry has played like this in the past. For short periods of time maybe, but not over this long a period of time.

Lowry is shooting his highest 3pt%, eFG% and TS% all on his highest 3pt attempt rate, lowest TO% and 2nd highest assist%, 2nd highest per36 scoring, lowest drtg (although this is relative) all leading to his by far his highest ws/48.

Doesn't mean this can't be the new normal, but it is unlikely to be sustained.
                    I gotta say, all of his shooting percentages (apart from eFG%, which many people don't like anyways) have been roughly the same over the past four years. And if you compare all of his stats to four seasons ago in Houston, which is the last time he was mostly healthy and playing without significant distractions/starting PG controversy, he's playing virtually identical basketball. So, he's played at this level for at least a hundred games total. At the very least, that's getting towards sustainable.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

@sweatpantsjer

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                        I don't see us bringing back Hansbrough or Vasquez, which should leave us with around $8-9M to play with, plus whichever exception we end up with.
                        True, but they'll still need to add rotation players to replace them, in order to at least sustain this season's level of competitiveness.

I could very well see this team finish in the #3 spot in this year's EC, but I worry that it's not a sustainable level of success. Obviously, that's just my opinion, which is why I said it would be interesting to know MU's thoughts about this team's success this particular season.

Here's a look at the team's financial situation, heading into next season:

2014-15
                        - DeRozan: $9.5
                        - Johnson: $7.0
                        - Fields: $6.25
                        - Hayes: $5.96
                        - Valanciunas: $3.68
                        - Novak: $3.45
                        - Ross: $2.79
                        - Salmons: $1M guaranteed ($7.0 full)
                        - Hansborough: $1M guaranteed ($3.33 full)
                        - Lowry (cap hold): $9.32
                        - Patterson (QO / cap hold): $7.76
                        - Vasquez (QO / cap hold): $5.38

TOTAL: $71.42M* (if Salmons & Hansborough are not bought-out and no cap holds are renounced)

TOTAL: $63.09M* (if Salmons & Hansborough are bought-out and no cap holds are renounced)

TOTAL: $49.95M* (if Salmons & Hansborough are bought-out and Patterson & Vasquez are renounced)

* a cap hold would also be added to the total, to account for the 1st round draft pick

Comment

I just want you guys to agree with me that everyones having career years
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Alright how much $$$ would we have if we renounced everyone we could minus Project Pat and didn't resign Lowry?

I'm not saying HOLY SHIT I HATE LOWRY DIE DIE DIE i'm just interested is all
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post

Are we legitimately a top 5 or 6 team, or do the New York teams, and some other Western conference teams, just have to catch up?
                              Yes we are

Who is above us ? San Antonio , OKC, Heat and Indiana ??

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
                                Yes we are

Who is above us ? San Antonio , OKC, Heat and Indiana ??
                                blazers, warriors, clippers...
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X