Who is the Raptor's alpha dog ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowry. End of discussion.

Not sure if any of you caught him when he first got here, he addressed the Raptors as his team. That he and Andrea would be running the show. I loved the confidence and I hope he doesn't back down. This is his chance to shine, max out as a player, and show the rest of the league why he deserves it all. Smack talk only gets you to the door, playing to back it up gets you through it.
    i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

Should be Lowry but I will not at all be shocked if my main man Quincy is the one to step up and take control of the locker room.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93wMe...eature=related
      Dude just seems like a natural leader.

Comment

If it is Lowry, the more he develops as the Alpha dog/team leader, the harder it will be for he and Jose (Calderon with no "e") to co-exist at the point position I would think. I like Quincy, but seriously, if a rookie is your team leader, and it's someone other than, maybe Blake Griffin, you have problems. I dont think the Alpha Dog has to be your best player. The most over the top AD is Garnett and while he is a great player, he's not the standout best player on that squad, now, or in the past couple of years.

Comment

Alpha dog, by definition. Alpha barks, every other dog shuts up and listens. From last year, no one I could see filled that role. For the coming season, we will see.

Alpha dog walks up to you and stares in your face, you drop your eyes, or you bare your teeth and settle it. I don't see anyone yet.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
            Alpha dog, by definition. Alpha barks, every other dog shuts up and listens. From last year, no one I could see filled that role. For the coming season, we will see.

Alpha dog walks up to you and stares in your face, you drop your eyes, or you bare your teeth and settle it. I don't see anyone yet.
            Really? I can see Kyle Lowry develop into that role. Guys who have fit into that role in the past seasons are Reggie Evans, Jamaal Magloire. Lowry is already a proven leader on the court and off.

Quincy Acy seems like that kind of character as well, he did it on Baylor. I wouldn't expect him to do that here, being a rookie, but over time, he could be the locker room presence.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Enough said his are alpha dog!
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

Enough said his are alpha dog!
                "That guy is gonna fight for you." Nothing says it better than that!

Comment

A lot of you guys are confused as to what an Alpha dog is. Does he have to be your best player? Not necessarily, but he better be damn close. He is the guy that the team will look to when they need a tough hoop and the guy who will put the team on his back through tough stretches.

Amir, Landry Fields, Jose, Ed and other role players are ridiculus suggestions. Not nearly enough talent to be respected as an Alpha dog.

There are only two real options - because this guy needs to command the respect of this teamates (not through hustle and grit, but through actual performance). Its Lowry or AB.

I think people's reactions are right .. even though AB may be our best player .. he probably too much of a shrinking violet to be an alpha dog. As much as he has had the most offensive skill on the team for the last few years, hes taken a shockingly low amount of final shots. While part of that might be on the coach, part of that is for sure on him for not demanding the ball, posting up down the stretch and saying give me the f'n ball, Im either scoring or getting fouled (which he has the talent to do).

So - Im hoping Lowry is the guy. Hes got the talent, and I think hes got the mindset to go with it.

The only other possibility is DD - but based on what Ive seen, I dont see that as likely (although its at least possible - unlike the guys mentioned above)

Comment

I can see Lowry as the type of player that will get in a team mates face for continually missing defensive assignments. When that happens everyone will know he is the alpha dog. Similar to when Bosh chewed out Andrea all those years ago in the middle of a game.

Comment

So true about Calderon trying to take on a alpha dog role with a pit bull like Lowry running the show.
                      Not good for the chemistry.

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
                        The only other possibility is DD - but based on what Ive seen, I dont see that as likely (although its at least possible - unlike the guys mentioned above)
                        I hope everyone remembers that Dwane Casey is trying to make him the closer. Time and time again, Dwane Casey said to the press, that Derozan will be their option in the final seconds.

I'm a little excited about that. As much as I really love Lowry being that guy, Derozan could develop into a really good closer. Especially if his shooting ability and ball-handling has actually improved as much as shown, it could work.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          Jerryd Bayless.

Oh wait.. damn.
                          +1

Comment

Bargnani.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                              I hope everyone remembers that Dwane Casey is trying to make him the closer. Time and time again, Dwane Casey said to the press, that Derozan will be their option in the final seconds.

I'm a little excited about that. As much as I really love Lowry being that guy, Derozan could develop into a really good closer. Especially if his shooting ability and ball-handling has actually improved as much as shown, it could work.
                              sad thing is, i dont even recall the raptors having any game in recent past that came down the wire. If you actually google "raptors game winners" all you'll get are game winners AGAINST the raptors, hahaha.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                                sad thing is, i dont even recall the raptors having any game in recent past that came down the wire. If you actually google "raptors game winners" all you'll get are game winners AGAINST the raptors, hahaha.
                                Isn't that a testament to how close the games were?
                                TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Working...
                                X