Bike Ride with Rudy Gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike Ride with Rudy Gay

Not sure if this was mentioned yet in the forums, but apparently Rudy's doing this bike ride thing along the harborfront tomorrow. https://twitter.com/rudygay22/status/383382946196897792

Seems like a neat idea.

Cool!
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

that tweet was from yesterday ...

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
        that tweet was from yesterday ...

Comment

uh yea. my brain isnt working right

Comment

So yea I was downtown for an appointment already so I figured I'd go meet Rudy. He ended up bringing the crew with him. Derozan's wife and kid were even there. Shame Lowry or JV wasn't around. Anyway here are some pics from the event:

2013-2014 all-star

They definitely look a lot taller in person

Amir didn't want to be in the picture

Didn't know amir had his own tshirts

Acy needs a bigger bike

And last but not least,

SWAG

Not sure how many forum members here have met them in person, but they didn't seem that enthused. Even though it's "Rudy's" event and not something hosted by the raptors, he didn't really seem engaged. Maybe that's just how he is. Many of them didn't want to hang around to take photos with fans after the ride. I even heard one of the staff telling Acy and Dwight that they were free to leave and didn't need to take photos with us if they didn't want to.

I can kind of understand though since these guys are primarily ball players and engaging fans is something they still need to get used to. As other members have mentioned before though, Gray was the easiest one to approach. He was down to earth and was open to chatting with fans and taking photos with them. Shame that most of the kids either a) didn't know he was a raptor or b) didn't want to talk to him lol. He was standing amongst the crowd but not many people were going up to him.
            Last edited by Pong; Sat Sep 28, 2013, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Pong wrote: View Post
              So yea I was downtown for an appointment already so I figured I'd go meet Rudy. He ended up bringing the crew with him. Derozan's wife and kid were even there. Shame Lowry or JV wasn't around. Anyway here are some pics from the event:

JV had secret wedding yesterday. :-)

Comment

sweet post, pong!
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                  sweet post, pong!
                  lol sarcastic much? I know this wasn't the most interesting of posts haha
                  Last edited by Pong; Sat Sep 28, 2013, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Pong wrote: View Post
                    lol sarcastic much? I know this wasn't the most interesting of posts haha
                    no, it was genuine. It was an interesting and informative post.

Comment

Of course Bikes was there

Comment

Surprised Lowry wasnt there but its all good guys been putting in work all summer his body is probably in tip top shape by now!

Super cool that Rudy organized this we need someone besides Amir to do stuff for the fans and community in Toronto way to go Rudy! Really makes me wonder what Rudy knows about the teams direction? think about it if Ujiri said hes being placed in a potential deal sometime would he do this for Toronto? also he gave away laptops to a class earlier? sounds like a franchise guy if you ask me...

OR I could be overthinking things.....

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                          Surprised Lowry wasnt there but its all good guys been putting in work all summer his body is probably in tip top shape by now!

Super cool that Rudy organized this we need someone besides Amir to do stuff for the fans and community in Toronto way to go Rudy! Really makes me wonder what Rudy knows about the teams direction? think about it if Ujiri said hes being placed in a potential deal sometime would he do this for Toronto? also he gave away laptops to a class earlier? sounds like a franchise guy if you ask me...

OR I could be overthinking things.....
                          Yeah...I think he was just bored.haha

Comment

I didn't think they'd take such a crappy route. There's so much traffic down at the Harbourfront and with all the construction going on and the bike lanes still being put in, it's a big mess.

You're getting a bunch of highly trained athletes following each other while stuck in Toronto traffic. There's no real way to enjoy that.

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                              I didn't think they'd take such a crappy route. There's so much traffic down at the Harbourfront and with all the construction going on and the bike lanes still being put in, it's a big mess.

You're getting a bunch of highly trained athletes following each other while stuck in Toronto traffic. There's no real way to enjoy that.
                              Someone, should of done a better job helping Rudy to plan the trip.
                              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Working...
                              X