Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landry Fields - top 5 reclamation project on SIs Point Forward blog

Interesting fact that speaks to Fields' off-ball capabilities:

"Nearly a quarter of Fields’ used possessions came on cuts alone, according to Synergy Sports. Other hefty slices came in transition or spot-up situations, leaving only a few possessions where Fields actively took part in shot creation."

On a dribble heavy team, a player who cuts hard and often is a great asset for an offence. Fields has fallen out of the rotation lately, but he is still a good "glue guy" - one who works hard on both ends, wont demand the ball on offence and defends well.

Final line says it all:
    "He just needs to be relocated to a team with willing passers in order to fully actualize it."

We have some talent that simply isn't be used properly (this applies to basically everyone on the team). Lowry is best as a drive and dish PG, but he isn't driving anymore. Amir is best as a PNR roll man, but we aren't hitting the roller enough. Etc, etc, etc. Regardless of what direction MU decides to go, we need a play-maker. If we don't get a traditional PG, then we need a winger who is a willing and able passer to help facilitate the offence.

http://nba.si.com/2013/11/22/jimmer-...ris-humphries/
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

This team would actually be a lot better if you replaced Lowry with Jose and Gay with Hayward.

Too bad we can't do that now (although maybe in the offseason)?

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
      "He just needs to be relocated to a team with willing passers in order to fully actualize it."
      JV just nodded so hard he threw his neck out
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Final line says it all:
        Bang on. I don't believe this Casey sh*t about DeMar and Rudy being willing passers.
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I don't really miss Jose - his defense took away almost everything he gave you on offense (another discussion), but I do miss watching him:
          a) Run the pick and roll with Amir (and watching Amir drop the ball in Ed's lap for easy layups/dunks)
          b) Hitting Fields on back-door cuts

Landry is a useful player - he'd be a fantastic asset if he could ever recover his shot.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Everyone on this team is suffering from the lack of ball movement. Something has to change. :\
            OG is our king

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
              Everyone on this team is suffering from the lack of ball movement. Something has to change. :\
              Surprisingly Kyle Lowry's 3.82 assist to turnover ratio is 3rd best in the NBA and 2nd amongst starters (that play 30+MPG) behind only Chris Paul. So I wonder why our team's offence doesn't move the ball...

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Surprisingly Kyle Lowry's 3.82 assist to turnover ratio is 3rd best in the NBA and 2nd amongst starters (that play 30+MPG) behind only Chris Paul. So I wonder why our team's offence doesn't move the ball...
                One person alone can't account for all of the ball movement on a team. On top of that, Rudy and DD have the ball for the majority of our offensive possessions and they aren't exactly Steve Nash.
                Now that I think about it, everyone on our roster except our two "stars" are willing ball movers. The problem is, the only people who get the ball on offense are the ones who don't want to move the ball.
                However, in our last game we saw a bit more ball movement between Rudy and DD, but how much longer will that last?
                OG is our king

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                  One person alone can't account for all of the ball movement on a team. On top of that, Rudy and DD have the ball for the majority of our offensive possessions and they aren't exactly Steve Nash.
                  Now that I think about it, everyone on our roster except our two "stars" are willing ball movers. The problem is, the only people who get the ball on offense are the ones who don't want to move the ball.
                  However, in our last game we saw a bit more ball movement between Rudy and DD, but how much longer will that last?
                  Oh I agree that the problem is Gay and DD with a sprinkling of Casey (perhaps the sarcasm was missed in my last line).

You have to admit though, you are surprised that Lowry is one of the best A:TO in the league (Jose is 7th). Even neutered, he's still a better PG than Jose.

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
                    This team would actually be a lot better if you replaced Lowry with Jose and Gay with Hayward.

Too bad we can't do that now (although maybe in the offseason)?
                    That is a blanket statement with nothing behind it to back it up. Is Hayward going to be your go to scorer? Is he a better defender than Rudy against opposing small forwards. Is Jose now a better defender or do we have better defenders behind him to cover for his mistakes?

I think we are better with the players we have right now.

Comment

Oh I agree that the problem is Gay and DD with a sprinkling of Casey (perhaps the sarcasm was missed in my last line).

You have to admit though, you are surprised that Lowry is one of the best A:TO in the league (Jose is 7th). Even neutered, he's still a better PG than Jose.
                      I think the Raptors have looked like a different team since the Houston game. I don't know if it will last but seems like guys are making an effort to share the ball more. I'm getting this warm and tingly feeling that the Rap's are on the verge of turning things around.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                        I think the Raptors have looked like a different team since the Houston game. I don't know if it will last but seems like guys are making an effort to share the ball more. I'm getting this warm and tingly feeling that the Rap's are on the verge of turning things around.
                        I'm not sold. In the 7 games prior to Houston, Gay attempted 17.5 FG per game. In the 5 games after Houston, he's actually increased his average to 18.4. His %s have gone up, but he still isn't moving the ball well (he has 3 games this year with 0 assists!!) despite a Usage of over 30%. I just don't think Gay is willing to give the ball up to this roster. In Memphis, things were different because of the players they had and the culture they created. I feel that he's been given too much free reign here.

Comment

In a league that DEMANDS player with high IQ to win, Toronto traded Calderon for Lowry, significant drop in IQ. Has a 2 and a 3 guard that seemingly have little to no desire to have any thought, and sit their smartest player, Fields, regularly.

Its amazing.

Yet, fans still LOVE it, and actually want to build on this core.

YEEEEHAW.

Comment

I'm not sold. In the 7 games prior to Houston, Gay attempted 17.5 FG per game. In the 5 games after Houston, he's actually increased his average to 18.4. His %s have gone up, but he still isn't moving the ball well (he has 3 games this year with 0 assists!!) despite a Usage of over 30%. I just don't think Gay is willing to give the ball up to this roster. In Memphis, things were different because of the players they had and the culture they created. I feel that he's been given too much free reign here.
                            In one of the last couple games (can't remember which one), Gay made this move where he spun away from a defender at the 3 point line and shot the ball from 3 all in one motion. The ball didn't go in. It was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen in a game. It got me thinking that he is shooting excessively by design.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                              In one of the last couple games (can't remember which one), Gay made this move where he spun away from a defender at the 3 point line and shot the ball from 3 all in one motion. The ball didn't go in. It was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen in a game. It got me thinking that he is shooting excessively by design.
                              By design do you mean Casey told him to hoist a 3 no matter what or that Gay is just completely going Beautiful Mind on us in the huddles?
                              Last edited by Axel; Mon Nov 25, 2013, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X