No announcement yet.

JV and Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just playing off ball mean keeping him at SF. SG like Ray Allen play off the ball but can also put it on the floor. Ross looks like an athletic Ray Allen. DeMars BB IQ is really getting better he looks like Kobe sometimes. Each are different SG

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      When did Jamal Crawford's become the standard for good ball handling? Jamal has probably one of the most unique cross overs in the history of the nba, that's a pretty damn high standard...

I want to know why you think Ross does not have a good handle, and not, using Jamal Crawford does not answer this question.

I don't doubt that Ross will be a better ISO guy than DD.

But Ross' abilities in the ISO will never be great, yet his abilities to play off the ball will be great. So why take away from his game and put him in a position to fail? Play him to his strengths.
      Damnnnn bro, I never said Crawford is the standard, I'm just saying that Crawford is the model sixth man, a guy who can create his own shot and score at will.

I don't think ross nor derozan possess that quality. And I don't think making either of them a sixth man is very smart. I'm not saying they can't develope that quality, I'm just saying It would be I smart to use their abilities to do so. Damnnnn n why you actin all sensitive and shit
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

I wish DeMar and Ross combined, their weaknesses are each others strengths

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post

Word

Comment

3 and D
            and getting to the rim alot
            10 free throw a game
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
              Am I the only one who thinks Demar's mid-range game will help us in the playoffs? I thought the whole point of defences these days is to make it tough to score inside and behind the arc. And if defences tighten up in the playoffs, Demar's mid-range game might be the only reason we survive the first round, or win a game or two in the second round.

Also, this team plays great D, it's been clearly evident since the Gay trade, so this idea that we really need a bigger, more suitable SF to guard the bigger guys is nonsense. We can do well with Ross and DD as our starting wings.

Also, having Demar shouldn't hinder Ross's development. Right now, Ross is getting a good chance to develop and fine-tune his offensive game as Demar and Lowry draw most of the defensive attention. I would expect that next season Ross will get even more opportunities to create than he does now. If he makes good decisions, he will improve while taking a little pressure off DD and Lowry, which can only be good for the team and hopefully result in less questionable shots for our offensive leaders. An improved and better utilized JV can have a similar effect. Next year, we should have 2 more offensive options, that can be used more consistently (I really think Casey doesn't want to overload these guys with responsibility, especially JV because we have no other post player) and really open up the offense. We can get the inside-outside game going, and Ross should be better with his handles and his driving.

Also, I really think Ross would be better in a 6th man role than Demar, but I'd prefer to see them both start.
              You replace DD with a Kawhi Leonard and you got a contender within a year or two of "internal growth" and chemistry. Out team defense/help defense is good. Guys recover and help all the time. But... one on one... we don't have anybody capable of guarding the likes of James, Paul (minus his recent slump), Anthony, Durant. Counting on Ross stopping any of those guys in a seven games series is a pipe dream. Could work for a quarter or two... but not for for a series. Not hating DD; just being realistic. He is the best trading option to net us a capable, solid SF.

Comment

DRoss

Demar Derossan

TD
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                  Damnnnn bro, I never said Crawford is the standard, I'm just saying that Crawford is the model sixth man, a guy who can create his own shot and score at will.

I didn't ask you that.

I asked you why you thought Ross had a bad handle, and you answered with something way out of left field that got everyone confused.

Still don't know why you think Ross has a bad handle.

Comment

vino wrote: View Post
                    You replace DD with a Kawhi Leonard and you got a contender within a year or two of "internal growth" and chemistry. Out team defense/help defense is good. Guys recover and help all the time. But... one on one... we don't have anybody capable of guarding the likes of James, Paul (minus his recent slump), Anthony, Durant. Counting on Ross stopping any of those guys in a seven games series is a pipe dream. Could work for a quarter or two... but not for for a series. Not hating DD; just being realistic. He is the best trading option to net us a capable, solid SF.
                    I would love Kawhi Leonard on our team. However, I don't know how much he is "talented" as playing in an incredible system where everybody's flaws are hidden by another player's strengths.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

I don't doubt that Ross will be a better ISO guy than DD.

But Ross' abilities in the ISO will never be great, yet his abilities to play off the ball will be great. So why take away from his game and put him in a position to fail? Play him to his strengths.
                      I don't really like ISO at the best of times so w/e, but I hope you're not saying he won't be able to create off the dribble/on the ball, despite praising his handles He's going to be able to run the PnR, we've seen flashes. He has handles and a quick first step. He can really pass and has good instincts. He can create his own shot. He's okay at finishing at the rim and doesn't shy away from contact but may never be elite due to his frame (this may be what you are referring to). He's certainly going to be a multi dimensional offensive player.
                      I think the only thing that will set him up to fail is asking him to do too much too quickly, that's why I'm not neccesarily a fan of trades that get rid of DD and bring in "insert draft pick here" or Kawahi Leonard etc and asking him to play a role that's too big, too early.
                      Last edited by BigCamB; Mon Apr 7, 2014, 03:46 AM.

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                        Bro clipper have Crawford, the best sixth man of lifeeeeeeeee

Nah, the Spurs have the best Sixth man

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                          I don't really like ISO at the best of times so w/e, but I hope you're not saying he won't be able to create off the dribble/on the ball, despite praising his handles He's going to be able to run the PnR, we've seen flashes. He has handles and a quick first step. He can really pass and has good instincts. He can create his own shot. He's okay at finishing at the rim and doesn't shy away from contact but may never be elite due to his frame (this may be what you are referring to). He's certainly going to be a multi dimensional offensive player.
                          I think the only thing that will set him up to fail is asking him to do too much too quickly, that's why I'm not neccesarily a fan of trades that get rid of DD and bring in "insert draft pick here" or Kawahi Leonard etc and asking him to play a role that's too big, too early.
                          I don't like ISO's either but I do think Ross will be able to create his own shot well due to his athleticism, but it wont be his game.

I agree on the PnR, I think he is one of our better PnR operators already and can pass with either hand at any point in his drive, and can shoot off it at any point. He could be deadly with a little more practice, and he has said on his reddit AMA that his next area of focus will be the PnR.

I'm not sure how much Ross can handle either...but it seems (opinion) that every time DD has to leave the game early and more of the offense gets run through Ross, he excels at it and not only scores but is distributing as well. I think he can handle the increased load, though wouldn't be surprised if there were more than a few speed bumps along the way

BigCamB wrote: View Post
                          Nah, the Spurs have the best Sixth man
                          Except during game 7 against the Heat....Manu really shat the bed in that one. Otherwise yes.

Comment

Except during game 7 against the Heat....Manu really shat the bed in that one. Otherwise yes.
                            Don't remind me

Yeh I agree with most of that, there will be growing pains as his role expands. Maybe he could get some time with the second unit next season to give him some more responsibility and opportunity like at the beginning of the second Q or something.

Comment

• vino wrote: View Post
                              I don't think kawhi leanard can be depended on to score points in bunches.

Comment

I didn't ask you that.

I asked you why you thought Ross had a bad handle, and you answered with something way out of left field that got everyone confused.

Still don't know why you think Ross has a bad handle.
                                I didn't mean to anger the wookies lmfao

But ross' handle is pretty good but he doesn't have the point guard handle, the one I'm talking about. But his handle is better than dd

Comment

Working...
                                X