Comments From Observers Who Aren't Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments From Observers Who Aren't Fans

I was at the game last night. Despite the loss, it was very fun. Nice to have a packed house at the ACC. Some dude right behind me had a Rupaul sign that was classic.

Sitting beside me were 2 drunk banker chicks that clearly didn't know much about hoops, BUT, clearly loved the Raptors and being there.

It's amazing what you can learn when overhearing basketball 'outsiders' make honest comments about the game. Here is the highlight reel:

"That Bosh is skinny now!"

"Our guy, what's his name, Bargainey, he is making points everywhere!"

"Why does that Jose not pass the ball"

"That guy, #8, he can't score at all, why doesn't he pass the ball"

"This is pathetic, every time we get the ball we make some dumb mistake"

"Why do those refs call every foul on us but the Heat is hitting us like crazy"

"Uggghhh....we suck...we were doing so good then we stop giving the ball to our guys that are scoring it"

On Lebron "he is amazing"

On Wade "he is amazing"

"What is the crowd saying? Rupaul? What's that?"

To me, that sums it up. Bargnani kills it. Bosh was good but IS skinny now. Lebron and Wade are amazing. Jose dropped an egg and put on his best TJ Ford impersonation. The refs were reminding the fans they get paid to pander to the celeb players.

PS- Big props to the ACC media crew who played Rupauls "cover girl" song during one of the timeouts, that was classic, although i think only 1/3 of the crowd "got it"

multipaul wrote: View Post
    ps- big props to the acc media crew who played rupauls "cover girl" song during one of the timeouts, that was classic, although i think only 1/3 of the crowd "got it"
    amazing

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
      PS- Big props to the ACC media crew who played Rupauls "cover girl" song during one of the timeouts, that was classic, although i think only 1/3 of the crowd "got it"
      Hahahaha. Awesome.
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Towards the end of the game I swore I saw a Delonte West bighead picture? That is pure classic heckle material right there.
        Bosh's post game conference antics just made him look like more of a clown, after taunting the crowd with blowing kisses, he tries to play it off by saying, they're genuine to the true fans, but sarcastic to the others....
        and that CB1 jacket he decided to wear is classic 'EGOManiac' swag.

Comment

I wish Reggie was playing, he got the balls to hard foul any fool on the heat squad, especially Bitchass Bosh
          NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
            I wish Reggie was playing, he got the balls to hard foul any fool on the heat squad, especially Bitchass Bosh
            +1

Comment

Hey who changed the title of this thread??

Comment

It's more appropriate. This stuff hits the Raptors Republic homepage "Latest Forum Topics" feed. Your thread is intact.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  It's more appropriate. This stuff hits the Raptors Republic homepage "Latest Forum Topics" feed. Your thread is intact.
                  Yeah I can see where you are coming from on this

Comment

RikkJames wrote: View Post
                    Towards the end of the game I swore I saw a Delonte West bighead picture? That is pure classic heckle material right there.
                    Bosh's post game conference antics just made him look like more of a clown, after taunting the crowd with blowing kisses, he tries to play it off by saying, they're genuine to the true fans, but sarcastic to the others....
                    and that CB1 jacket he decided to wear is classic 'EGOManiac' swag.
                    In defense of Bosh, if I had been booed the entire time during a game, I might have done the same thing if my team won. It's funny the lack of class that many showed, but then jump Bosh for basically doing the same thing.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

great post. The raptors fan base is huge and pretty serious but it amazes me how little some people in toronto know about basketball. I actually had to explain to a friend recently that the only time you could get a one point shot was at the foul line. ***

PS Multipaul, your avatar is the best thing i've seen on these forums, do you have a larger version of that some where?

Comment

Junkyardblog wrote: View Post
                        great post. The raptors fan base is huge and pretty serious but it amazes me how little some people in toronto know about basketball. I actually had to explain to a friend recently that the only time you could get a one point shot was at the foul line. ***
                        i actually had to explain a backcourt violation to a friend of mine who only really followed hockey... couldn't believe he didn't get the concept of "cant go back across the half court line" but had no issues with two line passes, offsides, and icing..

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                          i actually had to explain a backcourt violation to a friend of mine who only really followed hockey... couldn't believe he didn't get the concept of "cant go back across the half court line" but had no issues with two line passes, offsides, and icing..
                          ...icing? I'm not familiar with this...

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            ...icing? I'm not familiar with this...
                            im not a big fan of hockey.... but i believe its when you try to oliver miller the puck thing all the way across the ice court, but you miss and the other team steals the puck thing

Comment

Junkyardblog wrote: View Post

PS Multipaul, your avatar is the best thing i've seen on these forums, do you have a larger version of that some where?
                              Yo i found it here, PS, wait till you see it in animated form as it is on the link, it is priceless:

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lf...trmwo1_500.gif

Comment

Working...
                              X