Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get ready for your.....4 - 21 Raptors!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get ready for your.....4 - 21 Raptors!!!

So, looking at the next 12 games on the schedule, with a sense of realism, not pessimism, how many of those teams would you actually predict the raptors to beat? I say likely one win between Phoenix and Sacramento. That likely means 1-11 over the next 12 games. Anything can happen but logic would dictate that result. That doesn't mean the team has gotten any worse or performed at any different level. Just what they can be accepted to do as the team is currently assembled. There are a few Orlando and Cleveland games after that. But, what do you think the Raptors society will be like at 4-21 (even though we predicted it)? Will Bryan be able to resist pulling the trigger to blow up the team? Will the media be calling for heads? Casey still around? Half empty building? Any of these might happen but I say none of them should. If they should happen then, they should happen now as the next 12 games are likely going to unfold just as planned. Hang in there. It may get ugly. See you on the other side.

meh, we've beaten better teams before. stop experiencing tomorrows wind, today.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

If they figure out how to close games, I wouldn't worry about it. They tend to compete no matter who the opponent is

Comment

I agree with the above. We could beat some of those teams, I just don't think we can expect to so finishing with that record should not affect what we think of this team. I hope I can still say that then.

Comment

We have lost five very close games this year including a triple overtime loss and back-to-back one point losses this week.

Give us those three games and we're 6-7 and in the hunt for a playoff spot!

Then we might be better positioned to withstand this stretch of games.
          Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

go back to playing grinded out games like last year and we'll win way more games. The style we're playing now is choppy and its making us lose big time. Fuck offence just go balls out on D

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              go back to playing grinded out games like last year and we'll win way more games. The style we're playing now is choppy and its making us lose big time. Fuck offence just go balls out on D
              but all the fans ever notice is the offense... :P
              I agree, I want a pure focus on defense before we even think about playing good offense
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I think we'll go 12-0....no wait, I think we'll go 6-6, no wait now I think we'll go 8-4.

Seriously? Unless we're betting Vegas style who cares in this kind of meaningless prognosticating? Your rationale is about as valid as my picks above. Watch the games, none of them were blow outs with the exception of OKC, and I'm willing to overlook that based on the early season. The rest have been incredibly close, and thanks to some serious no-calls happening it makes me believe we're not as bad as our record. I think teams like Washington and Detroit, and yes even Charlotte (despite the wins) are in trouble, we're coming out of injuries, Lowry is a stud, plain and simple, and Casey is still figuring out how to be the coach he needs to be (I'm willing to wait, I see some good things still).

Look I hate the record, and I hate the last couple of losses even more, but I think a lot of teams that have beaten us didn't coast by, they had to fight their asses off and may have also got the benefit of a friendly whistle. If that's the case, I can hang on to a little shred of hope and wait a little longer to see if we really can get this ship right.

Let's not play the guess the record game, let's just watch a couple of games instead...go from there.
                i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

Yeah, the schedule is tough and with possible new injuries to JV and Lowrey, it could get really ugly before Christmas. Only positive is that it might force some constructive changes to the team/management. My main thought today though (unrelated to post - sorry) is that we need to NOT take the lead any games - we usually can claw back when we're down, but give us a lead and things turn to shit! As soon as we get even close to leading a game, give Acey, JLIII, Ross, DM, Grey, etc some burn. As soon as we're down 8-10 points (it won't take long), bring back the regulars...

Comment

IamNotAmirJohnson wrote: View Post
                    Yeah, the schedule is tough and with possible new injuries to JV and Lowrey, it could get really ugly before Christmas. Only positive is that it might force some constructive changes to the team/management. My main thought today though (unrelated to post - sorry) is that we need to NOT take the lead any games - we usually can claw back when we're down, but give us a lead and things turn to shit! As soon as we get even close to leading a game, give Acey, JLIII, Ross, DM, Grey, etc some burn. As soon as we're down 8-10 points (it won't take long), bring back the regulars...
                    Seriously? That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a while... you play to win, you take the lead and learn how to play with a lead. That's what good teams do and that's an opportunity for us.

Comment

That may be one of the dumbest things I've ever read.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Comment

Well....that's 4. The next 8 games could be ugly. Prove me wrong Raps.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                            This

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                              So, looking at the next 12 games on the schedule, with a sense of realism, not pessimism, how many of those teams would you actually predict the raptors to beat? I say likely one win between Phoenix and Sacramento. That likely means 1-11 over the next 12 games. Anything can happen but logic would dictate that result. That doesn't mean the team has gotten any worse or performed at any different level. Just what they can be accepted to do as the team is currently assembled. There are a few Orlando and Cleveland games after that. But, what do you think the Raptors society will be like at 4-21 (even though we predicted it)? Will Bryan be able to resist pulling the trigger to blow up the team? Will the media be calling for heads? Casey still around? Half empty building? Any of these might happen but I say none of them should. If they should happen then, they should happen now as the next 12 games are likely going to unfold just as planned. Hang in there. It may get ugly. See you on the other side.
                              Scary thought. If we don't at least get to 8 wins by the 25 game mark we are done. Then we start tanking for top 3 draft pick yet again.

Comment

Working...
                              X