Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They could have done alot better....

Comment

• to some raptor fans michael beasley and al harrington are franchise players cuz they can score 20 pts a game and hit the 3...

they also think you can be a fast-break high tempo team WITHOUT rebounding the ball...

Comment

• To say that we could have done worse then bargs is stupid when we could have done better with not just roy, but a few other players.

Factor in Bargnanis sophmore slump and its like a year he didnt play with injury haha.

Oden over him when he is healthy.

Comment

• Can we get just ONE BIG MAN to teach andrea team defense ??

not sure why but if BC really believes in andrea, why doesnt he sign ONE veteran like juwan howard or whoever, to just come in and teach bargs some stuff ??

even dwight howard had a mentor in tony battie and adonis foyle...

does BC expect this kid to just learn everything on his own...

all you BC lovers can you plz explain this to me ?? who is bargs learning from reggie evans ?? DA /? amir ? hahahah

Comment

• oh let me guess ? ed davis is gona learn some stuff about how to play defense in the NBA from andrea ??

this GM is such a joke...

Comment

• Juwon Howard plays team defense?

Howard's mentors weren't Battie or Foyle - the Magic signed Ewing as an coach to help him out.

I don't think there are too many big men out there (playing sense) that would help this team. If the Raptors are going to sign a big man coach, they should hire some with a lot of smarts, a cerebrial kind of player.. like Sabonis.. or Divac.

Comment

• I'm not sure what you think a veteran big man is going to do that all the coaches Bargnani has had over his entire career, as well as guys like Nesterovic, and Moses Malone, who tutored him in the summer of 2009, have done. Before you make broad assumptions, ensure you know what you are talking about. By the time a player gets to the NBA, team defense should be mostly instinctual. And by the time you get to year five, you should really know what you're doing. Coaching, mentoring and all the things that people keep saying the Raptors should do to teach Bargnani how to play team defense won't do any good if the player simply don't have it in him to play good team defense.

Ed Davis, right now, is a better team defender than Bargnani is. Besides, there are more than enough good coaches on the team that can show him the finer points of team defense in the NBA. That's what coaches are for.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Battie might be most valuable for the Nets off of the court. After the trade, Dwight Howard let it be known that he looked up to Battie as sort of a big brother, and he was partly responsible for his development in the league. Everyone who talks about Battie seems to love his professionalism and there could be worse guys mentoring Brook. Shoot, he could even get to Sean Williams. Doubtful, but still…

Read more: http://netsarescorching.com/2009/09/...#ixzz15P1PNJtc

maybe next time do some research before responding...

Comment

• Yo, the thing is he had Rasho around for a large part of his career. He was exactly what you are describing, b/c he played solid fundamentally to make up for his lack of athleticism, and also he was a cool guy who probably was willing to work with Bargs.

I really think Bargs lack of development in team defense/rebounding/post moves (still), has to do with really LOW BBAL IQ. He had Rasho around to learn from , he even had cb around to learn how to create contact/go to the line, but he has failed to incorporate those things into his game.

Funny thing is that I dont think he has ever spent a full summer at "big man camp" for whatever reasons (i think mostly b/c national team).

The only hope for him is that he just has a really slow learning rate as opposed to an absolute inability to learn. I think the best case scenario with him is that he continues to improve all facets of his game and becomes a top 10 centre when he is 28-29.

Comment

• What Howard is to offense is like Bargnani is to defense. If Howard is not a dunking the ball or backing his guy under the rim uh-oh. Howard has worked with Ewing and Olajuwon on offense and he can't consistently do anything besides a dunk let alone use his left hand. He can't hit a free throw either.

Howards defeciencies are more than covered by 12+ rebs a game and 3 blocks.

Unfortunately, Bargnani's deficiencies are not covered by his 20pts a game.

Comment

• Legalize-It wrote: View Post
                        Battie might be most valuable for the Nets off of the court. After the trade, Dwight Howard let it be known that he looked up to Battie as sort of a big brother, and he was partly responsible for his development in the league. Everyone who talks about Battie seems to love his professionalism and there could be worse guys mentoring Brook. Shoot, he could even get to Sean Williams. Doubtful, but still…

Read more: http://netsarescorching.com/2009/09/...#ixzz15P1PNJtc

maybe next time do some research before responding...
                        Right, Patrick Ewing had nothing to do with Dwight's development and it was all of Battie's doing. He's more of a mentor than Battie.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Comment

• Legalize-It wrote: View Post
                          oh let me guess ? ed davis is gona learn some stuff about how to play defense in the NBA from andrea ??

this GM is such a joke...
                          Please tell me, who are all of these credible big men that could teach Andrea this? And of those available, who could we get? I'm truly interested!

Comment

• I got one. We need this big man in our camp. He will definitely help Bargs on team D.

“The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Lets get Babcock back!

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                                I'm not sure what you think a veteran big man is going to do that all the coaches Bargnani has had over his entire career, as well as guys like Nesterovic, and Moses Malone, who tutored him in the summer of 2009, have done. Before you make broad assumptions, ensure you know what you are talking about. By the time a player gets to the NBA, team defense should be mostly instinctual. And by the time you get to year five, you should really know what you're doing. Coaching, mentoring and all the things that people keep saying the Raptors should do to teach Bargnani how to play team defense won't do any good if the player simply don't have it in him to play good team defense.

Ed Davis, right now, is a better team defender than Bargnani is. Besides, there are more than enough good coaches on the team that can show him the finer points of team defense in the NBA. That's what coaches are for.
                                yea i know what you mean... but my criticism is not directed at bargs... it is directed at BC.

at the same time i dont think a summer with rasho or malone is going to do anything.... he needed a veteran to practice and travel with the team and talk to bargs on the bench during games...

we owed that to our number 1 pick...

players who come from europe usually have played a different style and that is why its not so instinctual.

tim do you agree though that maybe in barg's rookie year, if we had a vet who had played north american style ball, he could have taught bargs the way to defend north american style, and bargs probably wouldnt have been so lost from the beginning ?

Comment

Working...
                                X