Playoff Picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not to mention Sully and Olynyk can contribute right away
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
      don't sleep on Boston they are still capable of 40 wins with their current roster
      But everything would have to go really really well for them, especially when you consider Rondo could start the season on the injured list...for how long? I've lost track of his timeline.

Putting aside any attempt to justify Toronto's crappy season last year, it is hard for any team to bounce back and make the playoffs after a shit start. If Rondo misses a month or two to start the year, and then takes at least a month or two to get into something similar to his pre-injury playing rhythm....Yeah, Boston needs a lot of things to go right for them to stay afloat and be able to compete for a playoff spot.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
        Rajon Rondo is a triple double waiting to happen
        Jeff Green was coming into his own towards the end of the year
        Gerald Wallace is no joke
        Marshon Brooks is a talented rookie buried on the bench in BYK
        Bradley, Lee and Bass are no jokes either when it comes to a bench squad.

You think Danny Ainge would sign a random shit coach to a 6 year deal?
        My thought is it's a 6 year deal because for the first 2-3, Ainge knows he won't be able to fairly judge the coach as they rebuild, but that he thinks the coach is legit, so he doesn't want to lose him after a couple of years just because of a bad roster.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          Good point. You missed Utah as a definite 'tanking' team next season.

I think right now there are at least 6 teams destined for the lottery, be it by tanking, rebuilding process or just sucking:
          - Boston
          - New Jersey
          - Orlando
          - Charlotte
          - Utah
          - Phoenix
          ??? If you meant Brooklyn, they definitely are not tanking.

Comment

Obviously they meant New Orleans, but they have Jrue and Tyreke added to Eric Gordon, Anthony Davis, Ryan Anderson ... and are looking for more moves, I wouldn't call them a tank.

For Boston, they could easily make the playoffs: Rondo, Wallace, Green, Avery, Hump, Lee, Sully, etc ... at least on par with other teams that will be fighting for 7-8 seed.

I think the top of the east is: HEAT, Pacers, Nets ... Bulls and Knicks are capable of stumbling a bit ... and then the Raptors are right there, as constructed, to be the best of the rest - or maybe even surpass an injury prone old team like NYK.
            The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

JStockton wrote: View Post
              ??? If you meant Brooklyn, they definitely are not tanking.
              Ooops, I actually meant Philly... thanks for catching that!

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                Obviously they meant New Orleans, but they have Jrue and Tyreke added to Eric Gordon, Anthony Davis, Ryan Anderson ... and are looking for more moves, I wouldn't call them a tank.

For Boston, they could easily make the playoffs: Rondo, Wallace, Green, Avery, Hump, Lee, Sully, etc ... at least on par with other teams that will be fighting for 7-8 seed.

I think the top of the east is: HEAT, Pacers, Nets ... Bulls and Knicks are capable of stumbling a bit ... and then the Raptors are right there, as constructed, to be the best of the rest - or maybe even surpass an injury prone old team like NYK.
                New Orleans is not tanking. They traded their 2014 pick (top 5 protected) to Philadelphia for Jrue. They are too strong a team with the roster they have to finish bottom 2 (ensures a top 5 pick). Unless they get destroyed by injuries and make the decision to bottom-out, they are gunning for the playoffs.

For all of the talk from the media that half the teams in the league are going to tank, a lot of teams seem to view this as their chance to make a run at the playoffs.

Right now I think Toronto is closer to bottom three in the east than they are to bottom 3 in the playoffs. Any injury to Gay, or in particular Lowry, would destroy the raptors as constructed. This is the main reason why I personally lean toward desiring a rebuild of sorts.
                http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

A lot of the "tank" teams have actually gotten better this offseason.

Detroit added Josh Smith.
                  Charlotte added Al Jefferson and Cody Zeller.
                  Cavs looks like a playoff team now.
                  Pelicans now have Holiday and Tyreke.
                  Kings got a very good young player in Mclemore. And they have IMO the best C in the game in Cousins.

Right now the teams that i project to battle for the Andrew Wiggins sweepstakes are:

1. Phoenix
                  2. Orlando
                  3. Philadelphia
                  4. Boston(if they move Rondo).
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                    A lot of the "tank" teams have actually gotten better this offseason.

Detroit added Josh Smith.
                    Charlotte added Al Jefferson and Cody Zeller.
                    Cavs looks like a playoff team now.
                    Pelicans now have Holiday and Tyreke.
                    Kings got a very good young player in Mclemore. And they have IMO the best C in the game in Cousins.

Right now the teams that i project to battle for the Andrew Wiggins sweepstakes are:

1. Phoenix
                    2. Orlando
                    3. Philadelphia
                    4. Boston(if they move Rondo).
                    I think Utah is one of the 'best' tanking teams, especially considering how strong and improved the Western Conference is. I'd say the 2 worst teams in each conference, to give a bottom 4 overall, are:

- Utah
                    - Phoenix
                    - Philly
                    - Orlando

Comment

Toronto is 2 injuries away from a total tank. IMO

Comment

Profster wrote: View Post
                        Toronto is 2 injuries away from a total tank. IMO
                        So is Miami. You could easily say that about any team in the league. 2 significant injuries is a surefire way to derail just about any team (that's exactly how Duncan ended up in San Antonio).

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          I think Utah is one of the 'best' tanking teams, especially considering how strong and improved the Western Conference is. I'd say the 2 worst teams in each conference, to give a bottom 4 overall, are:

- Utah
                          - Phoenix
                          - Philly
                          - Orlando
                          Utah's a good young team man. Not a playoff team but not top 5-8 bad either.

Kanter
                          Favors
                          Rush
                          Hayward
                          Burke

Not a bad starting lineup. If Kanter and Favors can elevate their game to the next level. Watch out.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Utah's a good young team man. Not a playoff team but not top 5-8 bad either.

Kanter
                            Favors
                            Rush
                            Hayward
                            Burke

Not a bad starting lineup. If Kanter and Favors can elevate their game to the next level. Watch out.
                            I think they'll eventually be a good team, but I think this year is a 100% tank... umm development year for them. With significantly more playing time, I think Kanter and Favors will experience big time growing pains. They also don't have a lot of veteran leadership.

When you look at how strong the west is, I still think Utah will wind up being the 2nd worst team in the conference. I think their trade with GS was a pretty strong sign that they don't intend to win this season.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Great Teams
                            - Clippers
                            - Rockets
                            - Grizzlies
                            - Spurs
                            - Thunder

Good Teams
                            - Warriors
                            - Nuggets

Potentially Good Teams
                            - Pelicans
                            - Trail Blazers
                            - Timberwolves
                            - Lakers (depends when Kobe returns)
                            - Mavericks (depends who else joins Dirk & Calderon)

Bad Teams
                            - Suns
                            - Kings
                            - Jazz

Comment

I think the Kings will surprise a lot of people this year.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

I think the Kings will surprise a lot of people this year.
                                True. I just about bumped them up a group... but it's the Kings... lol

I think Phoenix and Utah are going to get creamed in the West this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X