Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPE trade ideas

There is $9M left for the TPE.

What trade would you like to see happen that could make use of it.

A couple of guidelines:

1) be realistic - we aren't getting Derrick Rose for the TPE.
    2) remember the contract cannot be larger than the TPE.

Charlotte-Toronto

Assuming TOR rid themselves of some money (Barbosa opted out or trades were made which brought back lesser money) I would strongly consider this:

Diaw, CHA first round pick (Alec Burks) for TPE.

Charlotte lost millions again. Diaw can play 1 through 5 and defend 3 through 5. He is an expiring contract. I like Alec Burks.

Comment

How about grabbing a pick through trade (Bargnani to SAC for Thompson/pick etc.) and then trading that and TPE to Memphis for OJ Mayo. Would still have enough left for a Flynn or Thompson.

Others within the threshold that MAY be available:
      Denver - RFelton (asking for trade)
      Cleveland - AVarejao
      Philly - Nocioni and Philly 1st rounder

Comment

Make a move that involves dumping bargnani and gaining Monta Ellis

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
          How about grabbing a pick through trade (Bargnani to SAC for Thompson/pick etc.) and then trading that and TPE to Memphis for OJ Mayo. Would still have enough left for a Flynn or Thompson.
          I can get behind this
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Assuming TOR rid themselves of some money (Barbosa opted out or trades were made which brought back lesser money) I would strongly consider this:

Diaw, CHA first round pick (Alec Burks) for TPE.

Charlotte lost millions again. Diaw can play 1 through 5 and defend 3 through 5. He is an expiring contract. I like Alec Burks.
            This I can see happening. Jordan is afterall pretty cheap, but does Colangelo want to deal with him after the fiasco last summer?

Comment

northgrantballer wrote: View Post
              Make a move that involves dumping bargnani and gaining Monta Ellis
              Not playing by the rules Matt set out eh? Monta makes more than the TPE and you cannot use it in combination.
              Personally not a fan of Ellis.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                This I can see happening. Jordan is afterall pretty cheap, but does Colangelo want to deal with him after the fiasco last summer?
                Coangelo deals with other GMs not owners. Although it sucks that Jordan undermined his GM, if I'm Coangelo I would not be afraid of looking into another deal with Charlotte, I would just make sure that the GM has cleared the deal with ownership before announcing it to the media. I also think that it is possible to use it as leverage if you are close to a deal... "It really looks bad on your organization when you pulled the plug on our deal last year. I know it wasn't your fault but getting this deal down could certainly restore other GM's faith that your word means something.

Also, deals get mucked up anyway. Whether it's via injury (like the Alvin Williams deal) or just straight up poaching, like we did to Portland with Turk and what LA did to us last year with Matt Barnes. Can't let history get in the way of a good deal for your team.
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

I'd sure as hell toss another offer to Charlotte. At the worst they decline - and if they do accept, Jordan won't pull the same crap he did last year because could you imagine it happening two years in a row? With the same team? Credibility - out the window at that point.

Comment

kmatrixg wrote: View Post
                    I'd sure as hell toss another offer to Charlotte. At the worst they decline - and if they do accept, Jordan won't pull the same crap he did last year because could you imagine it happening two years in a row? With the same team? Credibility - out the window at that point.
                    You mean he has any?

Comment

I would like to see us use the TPE to get a defensive center some how. How that will take place im not exactly sure ... but a big man, would be nice, maybe if Dallas is willing to trade Brendan Haywood and dump some salary if they cant make it deep into the playoffs this year. Anderson Varejao is EXACTLY what we need so that would be sick, but I doubt that the cavs will give him up. But someone who is close to 7 feet and over 250 lbs, who can get us 10 and 10 a game with decent minutes, and give us close to a block game. Even an Okafor type (im not sure that fits within matt's rules though) a good C from a team that needs to dump salary would be good.
                      "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Not sure this would work but i'd love to use the tpe on david andersen. He has 3 years left at less than 4.5 mil a year so if denver is looking to save cash it could work. of course he would be a back up but at least it's a step in the right direction.
                        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                          Not sure this would work but i'd love to use the tpe on david andersen. He has 3 years left at less than 4.5 mil a year so if denver is looking to save cash it could work. of course he would be a back up but at least it's a step in the right direction.
                          Not to be a d!ck but that is Chris Andersen - easy mistake.

I like his game as well for a C off the bench however he is 32 and has bad knees. 3 years ago, you betcha. Today, not so much.

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                            I would like to see us use the TPE to get a defensive center some how. How that will take place im not exactly sure ... but a big man, would be nice, maybe if Dallas is willing to trade Brendan Haywood and dump some salary if they cant make it deep into the playoffs this year. Anderson Varejao is EXACTLY what we need so that would be sick, but I doubt that the cavs will give him up. But someone who is close to 7 feet and over 250 lbs, who can get us 10 and 10 a game with decent minutes, and give us close to a block game. Even an Okafor type (im not sure that fits within matt's rules though) a good C from a team that needs to dump salary would be good.
                            Haywood - 32 at the start of next season with 5 more years left on his contract? Not for me.

Varejao - absolutely.

Okafor - makes $12M per season. No dice on the TPE. I don't know if NOH are still in cost cutting mode. The owner who was budget conscious (understatement) is gone.

Comment

TPE for Gortat.

Gortat and Pietrus for TPE and Kleiza

Comment

Working...
                              X