Chad Ford speaks of Deng to Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MangoKid wrote: View Post
    You can't have money to throw at Nash and still retain Bayless (and Gray, Magloire). You have to renounce your FAs first.
    ... and TPE and MLE exceptions....... unless it is a sign and trade.

Comment

So Iguodala and Gay are not quick fixes but Deng is? Too funy.
      who said i want iguodala? Gay is not a quick fix cause he's 26 and is better than Deng. Deng will make us mediocre but Gay will make us a top 5 team in the east.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        who said i want iguodala? Gay is not a quick fix cause he's 26 and is better than Deng. Deng will make us mediocre but Gay will make us a top 5 team in the east.
        You do know that Deng just turned 27? So the age difference between him and Gay aren't far apart.
        I know what you mean by Deng making us mediocre, I mean, guys who are all-stars and make all-defensive teams are completely shyte players. Who needs 'em?

Comment

You do know that Deng just turned 27? So the age difference between him and Gay aren't far apart.
          I know what you mean by Deng making us mediocre, I mean, guys who are all-stars and make all-defensive teams are completely shyte players. Who needs 'em?
          finally someone backs me up....Colangelo wanted defense and toughness and 3pt shooting....Deng does that cheaper than Gay and better than Iggy
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I worry about Deng and Bargnani playing together. Teams will try to get us on the break.

Comment

Deng's a roll player. He's not the type of wing who can single-handedly take over a game.

Gay is.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Deng's a roll player. He's not the type of wing who can single-handedly take over a game.

Gay is.
                I wasn't aware that role players make all-star teams.

By the way, that whole type of wing that can single handedly take over games that you mentioned, yeah, how is that working out for Gay in Memphis?

If Rudy Gay was a guy who could single handed take over games, there's no way there would be rumours of Memphis shopping him. There's no way they'd even entertains the thought of parting with him.
                Last edited by MangoKid; Wed Jun 20, 2012, 03:53 PM.

Comment

draftedraptor wrote: View Post
                  I worry about Deng and Bargnani playing together. Teams will try to get us on the break.
                  Deng holds his own just fine. You don't have to worry about him.

Comment

I'll say it again defensive ace...all star...tough....okay 3pt shot....already plays in a heavily defensive system....already coached by a defensive mastermind...we could do a lot worse than that...and Jesus people 26 - 28 is considered the prime. He could play 7 or 8 years at high level
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

just because some of you have fallen in love with certain players don't close your mind to others

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                        I'll say it again defensive ace...all star...tough....okay 3pt shot....already plays in a heavily defensive system....already coached by a defensive mastermind...we could do a lot worse than that...and Jesus people 26 - 28 is considered the prime. He could play 7 or 8 years at high level
                        thead wrote: View Post
                        just because some of you have fallen in love with certain players don't close your mind to others
                        If the Raptors did not have to give up their lottery pick, sign me up for Deng.

The problem with Deng is his back which puts a ridiculous premium on his insurance for his contract and his wrist which needs surgery and he will likely miss the first 2 months of the season. Luckily, though, it is not his shooting wrist.

Comment

I wasn't aware that role players make all-star teams.

By the way, that whole type of wing that can single handedly take over games that you mentioned, yeah, how is that working out for Gay in Memphis?

If Rudy Gay was a guy who could single handed take over games, there's no way there would be rumours of Memphis shopping him. There's no way they'd even entertains the thought of parting with him.
                          Gay HAS single-handedly taken over games (this is not an opinion).

Maybe you've heard of the following role-player all-stars?

- BJ Armstrong
                          - Mark Price
                          - Horace Grant
                          - Tyrone Hill
                          - Charles Oakley
                          - Dan Marjele
                          - Detlef Schrempf
                          - Juwan Howard
                          - Chris Gatling
                          - Dale Davis
                          - Anthony Mason
                          - Theo Ratliff
                          - Wally Szczerbiak
                          - Shawn Marion
                          - Brad Miller
                          - Zydrunas Ilgauskas
                          - Andrei Kirilenko
                          - Jamaal Magloire
                          - Ron Artest
                          - Richard Hamilton
                          - Josh Howard
                          - Mehmet Okur
                          - Mo Williams
                          - David Lee
                          - Chris Kaman
                          - Luol Deng

Comment

I'm not sure where this "good players don't get traded" idea comes from. All I'd have to do is point to any year (in any sport) for evidence of the contrary.

Comment

Maybe you've heard of the following role-player all-stars?

- BJ Armstrong
                              - Mark Price
                              - Horace Grant
                              - Tyrone Hill
                              - Charles Oakley
                              - Dan Marjele
                              - Detlef Schrempf
                              - Juwan Howard
                              - Chris Gatling
                              - Dale Davis
                              - Anthony Mason
                              - Theo Ratliff
                              - Wally Szczerbiak
                              - Shawn Marion
                              - Brad Miller
                              - Zydrunas Ilgauskas
                              - Andrei Kirilenko
                              - Jamaal Magloire
                              - Ron Artest
                              - Richard Hamilton
                              - Josh Howard
                              - Mehmet Okur
                              - Mo Williams
                              - David Lee
                              - Chris Kaman
                              - Luol Deng[/QUOTE]

by this definition everyone is a role player...jesus

Comment

Role players are nice pieces on winnings teams. but nobody is mistaking these guys as "franchise cornerstones".

Take that role player and add him to a lottery team (while expecting him to be one your best players), gets you nowhere fast.
                                Last edited by Nilanka; Wed Jun 20, 2012, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X